Page 320 of 631 FirstFirst ... 220270310316317318319320321322323324330370420 ... LastLast
Results 4,786 to 4,800 of 9460

Quote Originally Posted by MrHashasheen View Post
    Hey guys...

What with Karnak's first issue dropping this week (was quite fun, though somewhat light on plot IMO), I'm getting back into issue collecting after Hickman + New 52 burned me out of comics. Any non-New Avengers Namor recent materials you guys could recommend would be nice, as well as a heads up on anything he might be getting into soon. I know there's the Squadron Supreme thing, but if freakin' Nighthawk can get a solo then surely Namor's doing something regularly somewhere.
    Unfortunately, I've heard next to nothing on Namor aside from the Squadron Supreme appearance.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Hey guys...

What with Karnak's first issue dropping this week (was quite fun, though somewhat light on plot IMO), I'm getting back into issue collecting after Hickman + New 52 burned me out of comics. Any non-New Avengers Namor recent materials you guys could recommend would be nice, as well as a heads up on anything he might be getting into soon. I know there's the Squadron Supreme thing, but if freakin' Nighthawk can get a solo then surely Namor's doing something regularly somewhere.
    Glad to hear you are getting back into collecting!

Because Hickman had him pretty well exclusive with New Avengers, I don't think there was anything going on outside of that for Namor except for his appearances in James Robinson's Fantastic Four and All New Invaders -- more in the later, of course. I'll have to double check.

I'd recommend the Invaders, if for nothing else, another side of Namor being shown than Hickman's version.

He's been in Secret Wars House of M, but it's an alternate universe Namor and not everyone cares for it

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    Unfortunately, I've heard next to nothing on Namor aside from the Squadron Supreme appearance.
    Sadly, this is all I've seen, also.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

As far as humour goes regarding Namor, his most humourous moments I find is when he's insulting someone, which is usually completely in character haha
    He does have a ... gift.

On another note ... more announcements from Marvel that just leave me cold.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Hey guys...

Glancing back at Namor's appearances, Hickman's exclusive hold really was ... restrictive for the past few years. If you didn't pick it up already, this was an interesting WWII flashback issue. Of course, we are left with dangling plotlines with the Covenant. But the art was done by a Deodato protege / studio guy, Will Conrad, so it was nice.

Dennis Hopeless also did a short flashback sequence in Avengers Arena for Nara and her origin story, that had a very coldly royal Namor.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Happy to hear it. : ) I'll see if I can find the other images for posting later. This book doesn't have a lot of info, but it does have a few anecdotal pieces from various creators. The real value of the book is to see Jack Kirby's art, crisply reproduced by Marvel characters. Reminded me of how amazing his work was.

What a great introduction to comics!

Was it this one?

No, it was this one:

My version was fairly beat up when I got it but the pages are still in very good shape. Probably read those 6 issues well over a hundred times now.

I love this cover. This, right beneath the title, is the image in my minds-eye when I think about the first part of the Namor movie trilogy I dreamed up. Namor punching out panzers and throwing them into Nazi pillboxes.
    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

Hey guys...

I don't know much more than OfAtlantis or Rev, other than to advocate for Namor's appearances in Robinson's work. In addition to All-New Invaders
    Namor played an important role and showed his heroism repeatedly in Robinson's Fantastic Four too.

I personally wouldn't buy House of M out of a ten-cent bin.
    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    No, it was this one:

My version was fairly beat up when I got it but the pages are still in very good shape. Probably read those 6 issues well over a hundred times now.
    Interesting. It looks like a newer version of that book -- though that cover is from a bronze age story, I think.

I think that's part of the reason why those stories we read as kids stick in our minds so much --- repeated, repeated, repeated readings. Some of my first comics are falling apart. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    I love this cover. This, right beneath the title, is the image in my minds-eye when I think about the first part of the Namor movie trilogy I dreamed up. Namor punching out panzers and throwing them into Nazi pillboxes.
    It is an awesome cover... by Stuart Immonen, IIRC.

I don't know much more than OfAtlantis or Rev, other than to advocate for Namor's appearances in Robinson's work. In addition to All-New Invaders
    Namor played an important role and showed his heroism repeatedly in Robinson's Fantastic Four too.

I personally wouldn't buy House of M out of a ten-cent bin.
    Heh ...

My only complaint about Robinson's Namor in FF was he went back to the Sue well.

Interesting. It looks like a newer version of that book -- though that cover is from a bronze age story, I think.

I think that's part of the reason why those stories we read as kids stick in our minds so much --- repeated, repeated, repeated readings. Some of my first comics are falling apart. LOL!

It is an awesome cover... by Stuart Immonen, IIRC.

Heh ...

My only complaint about Robinson's Namor in FF was he went back to the Sue well.
    Ah yes, lest I forget you're Team-Dorma to my Team-Sue. Actually I'm Team-Venus, but that's never really been put on the table.

Also, Speaking of Team-Venus . . . did y'all get to read Secret Wars: Agents of Atlas? Holey moley! That was, in my modest opinion, the best thing I've seen published to come out of Secret Wars. Great moments for all the characters including Namora cutting loose and quite possibly the greatest M-11 moment I've ever seen. Just when I thought Years of Future Past would be the best thing Marvel published in 2015 Tom Taylor and this might be the best work by Pugh I've ever seen. I want an ANAD AoA series NOW!
    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

Ah yes, lest I forget you're Team-Dorma to my Team-Sue. Actually I'm Team-Venus, but that's never really been put on the table.

Also, Speaking of Team-Venus . . . did y'all get to read Secret Wars: Agents of Atlas? Holey moley! That was, in my modest opinion, the best thing I've seen published to come out of Secret Wars. Great moments for all the characters including Namora cutting loose and quite possibly the greatest M-11 moment I've ever seen. Just when I thought Years of Future Past would be the best thing Marvel published in 2015 Tom Taylor and this might be the best work by Pugh I've ever seen. I want an ANAD AoA series NOW!
    My big problem with Sue, is there IS no Team Sue. That boat sailed long, long, long ago.

Team Venus could be interesting, especially given the retcon about her origin. I wish Parker had at least mentioned they knew each other and he was her champion.

I really did enjoy the Secret Wars Agents of Atlas. It made me miss the ongoing, terribly. I liked Pugh's work in All New Invaders too -- I think it was more dynamic there, but he adapted his work to fit this story. Hadn't read anything by Tom Taylor before, so it was nice.

My big problem with Sue, is there IS no Team Sue. That boat sailed long, long, long ago.

Team Venus could be interesting, especially given the retcon about her origin. I wish Parker had at least mentioned they knew each other and he was her champion.

I really did enjoy the Secret Wars Agents of Atlas. It made me miss the ongoing, terribly. I liked Pugh's work in All New Invaders too -- I think it was more dynamic there, but he adapted his work to fit this story. Hadn't read anything by Tom Taylor before, so it was nice.
    Fair point on Team Sue, but I like them having a strong bond of mutual respect and admiration, but with Namor having moved on from his torch bearing. As for Venus, was that for sure the same Venus? I thought there was a separate version running around, but I'm not positive. I like Pugh in ANI too, but this was knock out work. That page with Helmut and Ken . . . wowza! That sequence with Coulson's fate up to Heinrich's "cliffhanger" too.
    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

I'll always be a fan of Namor and Sue's interactions, but I also really liked the idea of Emma Frost and Namor as well. Something I feel could've been explored more.

Shame his relationship with the X-Men ended so sloppy.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

I'll always be a fan of Namor and Sue's interactions, but I also really liked the idea of Emma Frost and Namor as well. Something I feel could've been explored more.

Shame his relationship with the X-Men ended so sloppy.
    Agreed. I like him as an X-Man. I think there could have been so much more there with him as a commanding presence to rival that of Summers and Frost (and with a hell of a lot more experience than either of them).
    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

Agreed. I like him as an X-Man. I think there could have been so much more there with him as a commanding presence to rival that of Summers and Frost (and with a hell of a lot more experience than either of them).
    Alas, Marvel had other plans. Arguably bigger plans. Though judging by the downplaying of the X-Men as a whole, it would seem Namor escaped a sinking ship. With rumours of Perlmutter wanting to minimize the presence of the X-men in the MU and seeing how Scott and Emma are both MIA from anything post-Secret Wars, it seems it may have been for the best. Though I feel it still leaves a plot hole yet to be discussed.

Upcoming Reading:

I don't think they've ever met but a Namor/Moonstone pairing might be worth considering. She's powerful, manipulative, cunning and most importantly blonde.

"Hello Namor, I'd like you to meet Dr. Karla Sofen."