Page 493 of 631 FirstFirst ... 393443483489490491492493494495496497503543593 ... LastLast
Results 7,381 to 7,395 of 9460
    Mighty Member

Wow, congratulations, Rev!
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Look what arrived today!!!

Yes! Atlas era issues of Subby 34 and 36! I know they aren't in 'collectible' condition, being coverless, but they are the first Golden Age / Atlas books I own. Plus, some of my first, and beloved Subby comics are also coverless. Made my weekend!
    More than a week-end I hope ! Congrats, Rev !

And covers are nice, but they are only covers.

About the statue : it is indeed gorgeous and I'm surprised that it was made by a French guy. I'm pretty sure that it was exposed in one of the few Parisian LCS... But I don't trust my memory very much these days !

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Wow, congratulations, Rev! : )
    Thanks, Thor-El! I lucked up on them on eBay at a price that fits my current tiny budget. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed at finding a true Golden Age bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    More than a week-end I hope ! Congrats, Rev !

And covers are nice, but they are only covers.

About the statue : it is indeed gorgeous and I'm surprised that it was made by a French guy. I'm pretty sure that it was exposed in one of the few Parisian LCS... But I don't trust my memory very much these days !
    That's cool! Well, he's still doing the statues, so you might see more of his work.

Thanks Abe! Good point. I could always print out a cover ... but like I said, being coverless reminds me of my childhood.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Thanks Abe! Good point. I could always print out a cover ... but like I said, being coverless reminds me of my childhood.
    I had quite a few coverless Avengers comics as a kid. While I was glad to have them, I still wanted to get those covers. That's what usually drew me to the comic when I was growing up.

I have some of the old Deadly Hands of Kung Fu black and white magazines as well as Savage Sword of Conan that don't have covers either. Still holding on to them for dear life.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I had quite a few coverless Avengers comics as a kid. While I was glad to have them, I still wanted to get those covers. That's what usually drew me to the comic when I was growing up.

I have some of the old Deadly Hands of Kung Fu black and white magazines as well as Savage Sword of Conan that don't have covers either. Still holding on to them for dear life.
    I did get copies with covers of a few of my Subby issues, but I couldn't let go of the coverless ones. There's just a visceral connection, since they were the first comics I called my own and carry a whole bunch of memories with them.

I'd love to get some nice condition Atlas or Golden Age books, but I doubt it will happen on my budget. Plus, I always think, for that price, I could could get _____ cheaper books! Yeah, I know. I'm not going to build a high quality collection that way. LOL!

I loved Marvel's black and white magazine line! Some gorgeous art there, though I mostly had the horror books, and Conan.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I did get copies with covers of a few of my Subby issues, but I couldn't let go of the coverless ones. There's just a visceral connection, since they were the first comics I called my own and carry a whole bunch of memories with them.

I'd love to get some nice condition Atlas or Golden Age books, but I doubt it will happen on my budget. Plus, I always think, for that price, I could could get _____ cheaper books! Yeah, I know. I'm not going to build a high quality collection that way. LOL!

I loved Marvel's black and white magazine line! Some gorgeous art there, though I mostly had the horror books, and Conan.
    I actually remember as a kid, getting into a fight with my Mom about throwing my comics away, many that did not have covers. That's when she realized how serious I was about comics and she left them alone. First fight I ever won with her. Last one too probably.

FINALLY!

IMPERIUS REX!

It's happening!!!
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

About time! Counting down to issue 13

Mighty Member

FINALLY!

IMPERIUS REX!
    Great, love the image with the fist busting through the rocky soil like all hell is about to break loose!!!
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    It's happening!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    About time! Counting down to issue 13
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Great, love the image with the fist busting through the rocky soil like all hell is about to break loose!!!

BANNED

So Namor is coming back from decapitation?

I won't get excited yet, there's probably a catch... either they make him a woman, black or some other trendy minority, or he is Hydra. :P
    Last edited by Vernedi; 07-12-2016 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vernedi View Post
    So Namor is coming back from decapitation?

I won't get excited yet, there's probably a catch... either they make him a woman, black or some other trendy minority, or he is Hydra. :P
    There's some traction on the internet with him being an asian..

Personally i'd prefer if they add asian water myths to his story.japanese underwater cities, dragon kings of the chinese, javanese water princesses, indian flood myths etc etc and the characters that come a long with it than changing any part of him
    Last edited by dzub; 07-12-2016 at 03:18 PM.
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    There's some traction on the internet with him being an asian..

Personally i'd prefer if they add asian water myths to his story.japanese underwater cities, dragon kings of the chinese, javanese water princesses, indian flood myths etc etc and the characters that come a long with it than changing any part of him

To alter his race or introduce another character of a differenty background without introducing a different story to tell is lazy and dull
    I'm against racebending established characters for the sake of tokenism.

I do like your ideas of exploring different Asian myths.

As for the Asian Namor thing, depends on what we consider Atlanteans to be, which real life ethnic group they most resemble. Namor is definitely half-Caucasian from this father's side.

Glad to see Namor making a return. I just hope they do right by him this time around. And he should definitely get a little payback along the way.