Page 494 of 631 FirstFirst ... 394444484490491492493494495496497498504544594 ... LastLast
Results 7,396 to 7,410 of 9460
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Glad to see Namor making a return. I just hope they do right by him this time around. And he should definitely get a little payback along the way.
    Definitely! Those horrible jerks from the lame Squadron Supreme deserve the ultimate punishment for what they've done! >:O

Quote Originally Posted by Vernedi View Post
    Definitely! Those horrible jerks from the lame Squadron Supreme deserve the ultimate punishment for what they've done! >:O
    They really do. But I've got a feeling that Marvel will let it get swept under the rug.

BANNED

They really do. But I've got a feeling that Marvel will let it get swept under the rug.
    Not surprised. They let all their criminals get away with anything.

Incredible Member

I'm glad he's coming back, but it's not from decapitation. Power Princess apparently gets ahold of Doom's time machine somehow. Not sure what time period Namor will be snatched from,;I'm just glad he's back. I always kind of hoped he would somehow become the Squadron's Aquaman though.

Quote Originally Posted by reviresco View Post

finally!

imperius rex!
    yes!!!!!!!
    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

So Namor is coming back from decapitation?

I won't get excited yet, there's probably a catch... either they make him a woman, black or some other trendy minority, or he is Hydra. :P
    Well, if the cover is to believed, I don't think Namor's coming back as a woman or a black guy. But he's always been regarded as a minority / outsider.

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    There's some traction on the internet with him being an asian..

Personally i'd prefer if they add asian water myths to his story.japanese underwater cities, dragon kings of the chinese, javanese water princesses, indian flood myths etc etc and the characters that come a long with it than changing any part of him
    I'm fine with Namor being played by an Asian in the MCU. Some artists, like Byrne, have portrayed him with Asian features. But I don't really like his comic book history being changed. {cough} Nemo {cough}

I love the idea of Namor stories with an Asian myth setting.

I'm against racebending established characters for the sake of tokenism.

I do like your ideas of exploring different Asian myths.

As for the Asian Namor thing, depends on what we consider Atlanteans to be, which real life ethnic group they most resemble. Namor is definitely half-Caucasian from this father's side.
    It's too late for me to get into a discussion about 'tokenism' in the MCU, except to say, I don't really think that's the problem there at all.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Glad to see Namor making a return. I just hope they do right by him this time around. And he should definitely get a little payback along the way.
    This is my biggest concern. After Secret Wars, Namor should have had his own solo book with a solid creative team to reconstruct what Hickman did. Sadly, it doesn't look like that is happening now, either.

Well, the SS did get the ultimate punishment ... their solo books barely made an arc. ;p

Not surprised. They let all their criminals get away with anything.
    Apparently, being a criminal gets you an ongoing. Look at the new line up.

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    I'm glad he's coming back, but it's not from decapitation. Power Princess apparently gets ahold of Doom's time machine somehow. Not sure what time period Namor will be snatched from,;I'm just glad he's back. I always kind of hoped he would somehow become the Squadron's Aquaman though.
    There does seem to be some indications of this, but as I said earlier this year, I hope it isn't true. I think Namor being part of the SS makes zero sense after what they did to him and Atlantis. And it's a giant step backwards, for him to be part of a group that ruthlessly goes around killing people. Not to mention, I don't think SS is doing all that well sales wise.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

IF this ends up being a time displaced Namor, what time period do you want him to come from? And what time period do you think Robinson will pull him from?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    IF this ends up being a time displaced Namor, what time period do you want him to come from? And what time period do you think Robinson will pull him from?
    the original everett one..i'd love to see how he reacts to everything that has happened in his life from the 60s - 2010s

i'd reckon he'd take namor around atlantis attacks era
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    There does seem to be some indications of this, but as I said earlier this year, I hope it isn't true. I think Namor being part of the SS makes zero sense after what they did to him and Atlantis. And it's a giant step backwards, for him to be part of a group that ruthlessly goes around killing people. Not to mention, I don't think SS is doing all that well sales wise.
    I agree. I think anything less than Namor wanting to slaughter them would be a disservice.

As for bringing back a time displaced Namor... I would hate that. I would much rather PP give a past Namor a head's up, and change the future, rather than plop a past Namor. It negates a lot of development, not to mention leaving the "real" Namor with an undignified end.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

"It's alive !!!"

...and without any armor as it seems...

Congratulations, Atlanteans ! I just hope that the story (the stories) will be good...

BANNED

Adding to my statement that MArvel lets criminals get away with anything... they let Hawkeye murder the Hulk...

Will the Squadron Supreme ever be punished for killing Namor?

Will Doom ever pay for his crimes?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    I agree. I think anything less than Namor wanting to slaughter them would be a disservice.

As for bringing back a time displaced Namor... I would hate that. I would much rather PP give a past Namor a head's up, and change the future, rather than plop a past Namor. It negates a lot of development, not to mention leaving the "real" Namor with an undignified end.
    The most satisfying outcome to me would be if the time travel happens simply to give Namor a warning in the past so it results in a victory over the Squadron Supreme in the present.
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    The most satisfying outcome to me would be if the time travel happens simply to give Namor a warning in the past so it results in a victory over the Squadron Supreme in the present.
    That would be awesome! I would cheer if we got a splash page of Namor standing victorious over the bodies of the SS members.

BANNED

Namor is half caucasian from his father's side