Page 490 of 631 FirstFirst ... 390440480486487488489490491492493494500540590 ... LastLast
Results 7,336 to 7,350 of 9460
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Same experience! They had no clue what I was talking about. Oh well, eBay had some good deals & I am too impatient to wait for Walgreen's to figure it out haha.
    Yes, I'm going to mention that in my message to Walgreens.com. That they are losing sales, because folks are buying them from other countries.

Didn't get a chance to call around today, and I haven't checked eBay, but I know they've marked it up on Amazon. But they way things are going, I may just grab one I can play with from there, and then get my MOC copy, if / when Walgreens gets it. It's really annoying, cause I see plenty of pics of people and stores with the figure out there.

When I do find it at Walgreens, I'll be doing this.

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Didn't get a chance to do the Walgreens run / calls, yet again. But I found this awesome statue by someone in France (Abe, your countrymen have good taste and talent!). It is HUGE.

More pictures, including images of the unpainted statue here:

http://nimajneb-sculpture.blogspot.c...statue-14.html
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

A few months back, Marvel.com did an article on their Most Dynamite Duos, and Namor made the list with ...

Doctor Doom & Namor

Who says only super heroes form friendships? Okay, admittedly, it’s a stretch to call Doom and Namor friends, but after their first run-in in FANTASTIC FOUR #6, they managed to tolerate each other enough to become the greatest super villain team of all. Does respect exist between the Monarch of the Sea and the Monarch of Latveria? Who knows for sure? You gonna ask them?
    http://marvel.com/cards/204/marvels_...amite_duos/all

Hmmmm. Not sure that's the duo I think of with Namor ... but maybe.

OK, so I read about the first 8 issues or so from the original Invaders run...And I love it! Especially Namor! Once I get through that I will dig into the Sub-Mariner Masterworks.

Reviresco, any luck with Walgreen's yet? I found one on eBay and couldn't hold out haha.

OK, so I read about the first 8 issues or so from the original Invaders run...And I love it! Especially Namor! Once I get through that I will dig into the Sub-Mariner Masterworks.
    I'm glad to hear it! Some folks don't care for the older stuff. I'm biased, but I think Namor is always going to be the scene stealer, in whatever team he's on -- if he's written properly. Cold Water was a big fan of the Invaders series, but I haven't seen her around here in a while. I remember this was one of her favorite panels.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    Oldies but goodies:

Look!
    Namor has his own shower.

Reviresco, any luck with Walgreen's yet? I found one on eBay and couldn't hold out haha.
    Nope. But honestly, I haven't had time to go looking again. I did notice they took the listing off of Walgreens.com. LOL!

Man, I wish I had checked eBay earlier. Someone was selling the figure for 3.50!! I am somewhat concerned about the eBay pics with five or six boxes of Namor. O_O
    Last edited by Reviresco; 07-02-2016 at 08:21 PM.

Happy Fourth, fellow Namor fans! I hope everyone has great barbeque and safe fireworks.

I couldn't find a pic with Namor and fireworks, so I went with this American flag Invaders cover -- post Golden Age Namor's war against Americans. ;p

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Happy Fourth, fellow Namor fans! I hope everyone has great barbeque and safe fireworks.

I couldn't find a pic with Namor and fireworks, so I went with this American flag Invaders cover -- post Golden Age Namor's war against Americans. ;p

Happy 4th, Rev! Thanks for all your great posts and dedication to this cool character, and happy 4th of July to all Namor fans!

Last edited by Thor-El; 07-04-2016 at 04:01 PM.
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

Didn't get a chance to do the Walgreens run / calls, yet again. But I found this awesome statue by someone in France (Abe, your countrymen have good taste and talent!). It is HUGE.

More pictures, including images of the unpainted statue here:

http://nimajneb-sculpture.blogspot.c...statue-14.html
    Okay. Now this is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Okay. Now this is awesome.
    I have to agree. I'd love to have this statue ... but I'd need a new display cabinet, since it is so BIG. Not to mention, I bet the shipping from France would be pricey, to say the least.

I'm pretty sure it is based off the great Carlo Pagulayan splash from X-Men vs. Agents of Atlas.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post

I love this pic of Namor. Not only is that my favorite look for him, I love how he simply shows up and commands everyone stop.

#trueboss

#KINGstatus

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Happy 4th, Rev! Thanks for all your great posts and dedication to this cool character, and happy 4th of July to all Namor fans!

Awesome! And talking about great contributions ... Thank you, Thor-El, for making that great pic!

Of course, I forgot, I could have taken some action figure pics with my Fourth of July flags. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow, before I take them down. Of course, it would have to be with my old action figures, since I do not have the new Walgreens one. ;p

Fireworks are over. Over full stomach. Now I'm trying to decide whether or not to watch 1776 or Captain America First Avenger, to complete my Fourth celebration.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 07-04-2016 at 08:33 PM.

I am seriously beginning to believe we won't get another Namor book until Axel Alonso leaves Marvel. SMH.

I have to agree. I'd love to have this statue ... but I'd need a new display cabinet, since it is so BIG. Not to mention, I bet the shipping from France would be pricey, to say the least.

I'm pretty sure it is based off the great Carlo Pagulayan splash from X-Men vs. Agents of Atlas.
    I think I'd have to convince my family to make that a Christmas and B-day present all in one.

BANNED

I am seriously beginning to believe we won't get another Namor book until Axel Alonso leaves Marvel. SMH.
    Who would you envision as being the best writer to scribe a Namor solo?

Preaching to the choir Rev! . . . I'm the choir.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Who would you envision as being the best writer to scribe a Namor solo?
    I still vote from Robinson among who is presently available. The guy has shown an appreciation for Namor (feel free to disagree per SS#1, but every interview I've read, his FF and All-New Invaders runs, and his twitter feed back me up pretty well I think) that others presently writing for Marvel haven't shown. I'm loving Lemire's work on Old Man Logan, Moon Knight, and his Valiant books (and at least like Extraordinary X-Men) to the point that I'm good with him too. Anybody else I can think of seems to be either on the outs with Marvel thanks to some combination of Alonso, Perlmutter, and Jemas (e.g. Morrison, Jeff Parker, Kurt Busiek) or exclusive with another company.
    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER