Page 489 of 631 FirstFirst ... 389439479485486487488489490491492493499539589 ... LastLast
Results 7,321 to 7,335 of 9460

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    For live-action, thus far my favorite suggestion (now that Tamoeh Penniket is probably too old) has been Daniel Henney. It's not like we need an actor who is already ripped. They can do that with a trainer, but turning somebody who can't act around is a lot more difficult
    Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Nope. Not at all! I feel the same. I have a difficult time casting Namor. There are people that could pull off the look, but I'm not so sure about their acting skills, or ability to pull of the large than life presence of Namor. Then there are actors that I think have the personality and intensity, but they don't look quite right.
    I feel the same way. I'd say give me a good acting range before the look as well. They could definitely add muscle later, especially considering how Chris Evans pumped up. Though for myself, I haven't warmed up to any actor in the role just yet. We'll see.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Nope. Not at all! I feel the same. I have a difficult time casting Namor. There are people that could pull off the look, but I'm not so sure about their acting skills, or ability to pull of the large than life presence of Namor. Then there are actors that I think have the personality and intensity, but they don't look quite right.

Hmmmm. I haven't seen him in much. I guess I'll have to subject myself to a Cavill marathon. Oh, the 'hardship.' ;p
    I think the only movies I have seen him in are Man of Steel & Immortals. I honestly cant recall how his acting was since neither movie really kept my attention. He def has the look though.

I wonder if Marvel has any intention of collecting Byrne's run if they hadn't already. I have all the issues but I would love to have a collected edition.

Toro & Dr. Spectrum1.jpg
    Toro & Dr. Spectrum2.jpg

I'm feeling hopeful. In Robinson I trust.
    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

Toro & Dr. Spectrum1.jpg
    Toro & Dr. Spectrum2.jpg

I actually dropped Squadron Supreme after the Weirdworld arc, but decided to catch back up after I saw they were revisiting Namor.

The sooner they get to him the better!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I wonder if Marvel has any intention of collecting Byrne's run if they hadn't already. I have all the issues but I would love to have a collected edition.
    I believe they have two volumes. One with #1-#20 and the other with the rest of that run iirc

Toro & Dr. Spectrum1.jpg
    Toro & Dr. Spectrum2.jpg

Is this from SS #10?
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Mighty Member

Toro & Dr. Spectrum1.jpg
    Toro & Dr. Spectrum2.jpg

Thanks for posting this. Someone had mention that sequence I believe in this thread. I might not start to pick up this series until after September, looks like Robinson is taking his time to resurrect Namor and stretching this story. Wouldn't surprise me if he is not resurrected until past December.
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

Mighty Member

I'm going to be really sad if the resurrection is a fakeout.

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    I believe they have two volumes. One with #1-#20 and the other with the rest of that run iirc

Is this from SS #10?
    I believe in #8. For those thinking of trying (or returning to) the book I recommend #9 as it's a bit of a prelude to the "Finding Namor" story.

For context, in this scene Dr. Spectrum has come to New Atillan to ask Black Bolt why he saved her after killing the rest of the Great Society as part of the Illuminati. Toro has already sorted out that she was a major driver behind Namor's death, and earlier on this page she asks if he's forgiven her. He basically says "heck no! but I talked to this Ulysses ifiot who sees the future and . . ." on into the panels I shared.
    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I feel like jin_figs is reading my mind.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BG0ZGM1E...en-by=jin_figs

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHH9lqjA...en-by=jin_figs

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHIbdtYg...en-by=jin_figs

Okay, I don't have to ask anyone, but I certainly have made the Walgreens rounds ... repeatedly!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I also discovered today that Walgreens actually has the Namor figure on their website, and there's a handy button below the image, where it tells you which store near you have it in stock!!! Boy, I could have used this the past two months!

And of course, the Walgreen nearest me, the one I've been checking regularly, is the only one in my area that doesn't have the figure. : (

http://www.walgreens.com/search/resu...roductcard=new

Obviously, I'll be hitting the other Walgreens tomorrow.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHDwQZ9Amk8/

If you don't see it on the toy shelf, look around for a display like this:

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Okay, I don't have to ask anyone, but I certainly have made the Walgreens rounds ... repeatedly!
    If you live in the US, there are three available on Amazon.

I believe in #8. For those thinking of trying (or returning to) the book I recommend #9 as it's a bit of a prelude to the "Finding Namor" story.

For context, in this scene Dr. Spectrum has come to New Atillan to ask Black Bolt why he saved her after killing the rest of the Great Society as part of the Illuminati. Toro has already sorted out that she was a major driver behind Namor's death, and earlier on this page she asks if he's forgiven her. He basically says "heck no! but I talked to this Ulysses ifiot who sees the future and . . ." on into the panels I shared.
    Ah gotcha. Good to know.

Upcoming Reading:

Thanks for the head's up Reviresco, going to pick mine up today!

EDIT: Call first, the Walgreen's site lied about my store having stock
    Last edited by Andru; 06-27-2016 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Thanks for the head's up Reviresco, going to pick mine up today!

EDIT: Call first, the Walgreen's site lied about my store having stock
    Aaaaaah! I wish I'd checked here before running errands today. I had the same experience. And the manager was ... less than helpful. I'm going to write that website.

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    If you live in the US, there are three available on Amazon.
    Thanks! If Walgreens doesn't get it together soon, I may go that route. So annoying.

Aaaaaah! I wish I'd checked here before running errands today. I had the same experience. And the manager was ... less than helpful. I'm going to write that website.
    Same experience! They had no clue what I was talking about. Oh well, eBay had some good deals & I am too impatient to wait for Walgreen's to figure it out haha.