Page 123 of 631 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173223623 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 9460

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    Amen brother! there's such a deep stable of intellectual property at Marvel. It seems a darn shame to me that there isn't more time allotted to more characters. If the books are good people will buy them.
    In agreement with you here my friend! Marvel has so many really good characters that they need to shine the spotlight on.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Ladies and Gentlemen, my Editor has come through . . . This was a VERY personal article for me. I look forward to your feedback.

IMPERIUS REX FOREVER.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Holy cow. What a moving article, Chief Jon. Thank you for putting alot of my own feelings in such eloquent words and still finding a hopeful end ... no, make that a beginning. Amazing.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Ladies and Gentlemen, my Editor has come through . . . This was a VERY personal article for me. I look forward to your feedback.

IMPERIUS REX FOREVER.
    This was awesome; Thankyou

IMPERIUS REX FOREVER.
    Very nice Chief Jon. I may have a few disagreements here and there() but very nice indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Holy cow. What a moving article, Chief Jon. Thank you for putting alot of my own feelings in such eloquent words and still finding a hopeful end ... no, make that a beginning. Amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    This was awesome; Thankyou
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Very nice Chief Jon. I may have a few disagreements here and there() but very nice indeed.
    You're welcome, all of you. My thanks to you for reading my stuff and for the kind words of affirmation. Also, if any of you (or anybody else reading this) is willing to lend your voice to the article announcement my editor did for the Marvel 616 Politics Facebook page this one has REALLY brought the Namor haters out (I'm seeing a LOT of "he deserved its"). I'm not looking to start any fights, I don't want people to slame T'Challa or Black Bolt, but now, more than ever, we need to be very vocal and very public in our appreciation of the Avenging Son if we don't want to see him marginalized or made into that cardboard villain Reversico keeps worrying he might be treated as.

#imperiusrexforever.

BANNED

You're welcome, all of you. My thanks to you for reading my stuff and for the kind words of affirmation. Also, if any of you (or anybody else reading this) is willing to lend your voice to the article announcement my editor did for the Marvel 616 Politics Facebook page this one has REALLY brought the Namor haters out (I'm seeing a LOT of "he deserved its"). I'm not looking to start any fights, I don't want people to slame T'Challa or Black Bolt, but now, more than ever, we need to be very vocal and very public in our appreciation of the Avenging Son if we don't want to see him marginalized or made into that cardboard villain Reversico keeps worrying he might be treated as.

#imperiusrexforever.
    Chief Jon, I've just finished reading your incredibly well written article and must say that it made for some mighty fine reading. (even though I didn't agree with your characterization of T'Challa.)

Regardless, you have a way of expressing yourself that makes the possibility of reading further offerings from you a firm definite.

IMPERIUS REX FOREVER.
    where's the like button?
    great personal and emotional piece..written in a short time frame
    like i said..amongst the regular contributors in the namor thread, you are the best to handle the topic, this confirms it!
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Chief Jon, I've just finished reading your incredibly well written article and must say that it made for some mighty fine reading. (even though I didn't agree with your characterization of T'Challa.)

Regardless, you have a way of expressing yourself that makes the possibility of reading further offerings from you a firm definite.
    Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    where's the like button?
    great personal and emotional piece..written in a short time frame
    like i said..amongst the regular contributors in the namor thread, you are the best to handle the topic, this confirms it!
    Thanks Maj & dzub.

Keep saying that stuff and maybe Alonso will pick up on it and lure me from vet school to write Namor comics (a man can dream right?)

As for BP, as I see it he's going through sort of a total-breakdown/fall-from-grace arc, where he has been fighting desperately every step of the way to hold onto everything he ha materially and everything he has been and wants to be spiritually even as he's losing it. I don't think taking vengeance against Namor really resolves that, and I think what I've been seeing beneath the surface there since the start of New Avengers may start to bubble up to the point where even T'Challa's most die-hard fans (and even after all of what Hickman's written with these two I'd still consider myself a fan, but never a diehard fan like I am for Namor & Nightcrawler) may have a tough time glossing over it. I think T'Challa and Black Bolt are going to find themselves regretting what they did and realizing that killing Namor was an act of vengeance, perhaps even misdirected, and not justice and that it hasn't really done anything to solve their problems or even improve their standing. I readily admit I could be wrong here, but that's where I see all this going. I also didn't see the article I was writing as the appropriate place to delve into that, and I'm not sure this thread is either, so I apologize if I'm bringing up things that have no business here. Definitely not trying to start anything.

IMPERIUS REX FOREVER.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank J. Barbiere

I really enjoy writing Sunspot and Namor. They're both just so sassy...in their own ways.
    From his twitter: https://twitter.com/atlasincognita/s...76339220103168

Yes, indeed! Another writer who appreciates Namor. This makes me feel even better about the upcoming Avengers World books. If I can straighten out a twitter account, I'm going to take Chief Jon's advice and drop him a Namor fan tweet, especially if he writing it now.

#ImperiusRexForever
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Thanks Maj & dzub.

Keep saying that stuff and maybe Alonso will pick up on it and lure me from vet school to write Namor comics (a man can dream right?)
    You're lucky to have two great careers to choose from! Or you can do like Charles Soule and do both.

As for BP, as I see it he's going through sort of a total-breakdown/fall-from-grace arc...
    There's a very insightful poster in the Avengers 40 thread that is interested in talking about story, with similar observations. You should check him out if you've got time.

IMPERIUS REX FOREVER.
    As always great stuff my friend. Not only is your writing really damn good, but you can feel the love you have for Namor.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    From his twitter: https://twitter.com/atlasincognita/s...76339220103168

Yes, indeed! Another writer who appreciates Namor. This makes me feel even better about the upcoming Avengers World books. If I can straighten out a twitter account, I'm going to take Chief Jon's advice and drop him a Namor fan tweet, especially if he writing it now.

#ImperiusRexForever
    i would love to watch the rage of namor..but i'm confused are the avengers world issue post or pre stab?
    or should i go direct my question straight to frank himself?
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    i would love to watch the rage of namor..but i'm confused are the avengers world issue post or pre stab?
    or should i go direct my question straight to frank himself?
    Avengers World is pre-stabbity. Remember, New Avengers and Avengers did the 8 month time jump, and Avengers World is filling in the gap for some stuff that occurred in those 8 months. So, the Frank J. Barbiere story takes place after Namor formed the Cabal, but before the stabbity.

Here's Frank Barbiere's twitter, again.

https://twitter.com/atlasincognita

Also, I found the artist, Marco Checchetto, twitter. He's drawing something from Avengers World with Sue. Hmmmm.

https://twitter.com/MChecC

And of course, our weekly Ask Alonso -- to let him know how you feel here on CBR:

http://community.comicbookresources....estions/page27

Tom Brevroot's tumblr where you can let him know how you feel:

http://brevoortformspring.tumblr.com/