Page 157 of 631 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167207257 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 9460
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

LOL! It was neither. It was this one.

From here, where there are a few others.

http://pacioccosmind.blogspot.com/20...ubmariner.html
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    They did that, and went with the Howling Commandos.

But I agree, the Invaders in Cap's movie would have been best, but they didn't do that. And like I said, they've systematically replaced Namor in Cap and the MCU's history. IF they ever get around to Namor, he won't have any connections left, unless they can also get their hands on Jim Hammond.
    Yeah, I know about the Howling Commandos in that episode. Mistake on their part imo. We already knew about the Commandos from Cap's movie and really didn't need another story with them. Missed opportunity to bring in more of Marvel's history. Even hints about the Invaders would have been nice.

BANNED

LOL! It was neither. It was this one.

From here, where there are a few others.

http://pacioccosmind.blogspot.com/20...ubmariner.html
    LOL!

I remember that issue! That was a good one.

Incredible Member

@Rev: I don't disagree that Emma/Namor is intriguing. I've little love for his time in the X-corner, but she's visually complementary (from that one pic in page 156 alone), their characters can play off very well (if both are depicted properly) and she'd be a very good foil for Susan Storm (Telepathic vs. Telekinetic, Diamond Form vs. Force Field).

If only she wasn't a mutant. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Za Is No Leader View Post
    Part of me really wishes he never became involved with the X-characters. Am I crazy in thinking that?
    Me too but..that's another team namor has off his list :P

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    I'd like to read an Atlantis book set in the distant past with one of Namor's ancestors. Sort of an undersea Conan or Red Sonja book with him/her uniting all the various Mer people, dealing with the Old Atlantean Kings from Hickman's FF run, and dealing with something along the lines of the "Tobans" we kicked around earlier. I'd buy that with a quickness.

You could do some really, really cool world building.
    Cool idea, an ancient world building series would be nice.
    personally, i've always been interesed in ancient history.
    less science based cultures, more mysticism is right up my alley too.
    We could have an A'Challa in the book too.
    Namor in Earth X said that some of the the atlanteans who still remember the flood were still living with him, so this could definitely tie in to modern times.

hand me a spot in the creative team and i'll explain why the atlanteans prophesied of an eternally nude future king (global warming lol!)

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    If there was a way for Marvel to do an Invaders movie, that would have been the best way to intro him into the MCU imo. Maybe replace the Nazis with HYDRA(which wouldn't be too hard) and start out with a young actor to play Namor. That way you start with an actor who could grow into the role and be ready for future solo movies.

Maybe they could have had an episode on Agent Carter that has a flashback of a team of heroes that fought during the war.
    I personally prefer how johnny storm brought him back to the MU but the invaders would be my second option.
    as long as they play the namor/torch fight right

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Regarding movie talk: Frankly I just want a movie made regardless of movie rights and I want it to be good more importantly. My preference however would be for it to take place in the MCU, not just for the Invaders references, but also because we'd get more Namor within the MU due to this. And really, this is a good thing.
    Namor has always been an anchor of the MU..it would only be right if he'll do the same to the MCU
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

BANNED

There's no doubt that Namor was amazing in the X-Men, because Namor is amazing whatever book he appears in -- yes, even Hickman's Avengers. ;p

That said, just like in Hickman's Avengers, Namor was being used to prop up another character -- Cyke. And like Hickman's Avengers, Namor's X-Men appearances focused on one side of the character, albeit a very nice side. And again, like Hickman's Avengers, his own potential and stories were completely wasted. However, in X-Men, it wasn't detrimental to the character and he did get his own solo to explore his story, though I felt it was shabbily treated by editorial.

Plus, most importantly, the X-Men also exposed Namor to a different audience and gained him new fans.

It was extracting him from the X-Men that led to his present situation. I don't think Namor's association with the X-Men prevented him from playing a role in the greater MU. He was still on the Illuminati, and the Cabal, the Defenders, and he appeared in the FF and Cap's book and Hulk's book. It only lessened his role in the greater MU in that the X-Men aren't usually participating in the greater MU. But his position within the X-Men Universe was high, even if they rarely did anything important with it.

I had some problems with Namor on the X-Men, but in hindsight, it was far better treatment then he is getting now with the Avengers.

I agree, Namor has a much longer history with the FF, but Hickman didn't want to add him to the FF, he added Spider-Man instead. Nor did Fraction want to add him to the FF, he added Scott Lang, Medusa, She-Hulk and that pink haired girlfriend of Johnny's instead. Ditto Robinson. It appears the only role Namor has with the FF currently is as occasional guest star.

I am hoping for SVTU, which would give a book to two of my FF favorites, Namor and Doom.

As for Emma ... she's an acquired taste. ; ) I agree, she is manipulative, but Namor knows that, and it's like a game they play. I like them together, they are a lot of fun, in an outrageous, "OMG, they didn't say that," way. My biggest problem with them, is that much like with Sue since their marriage, editorial never gave Namor a chance with Emma.

I think this just proves that Namor's time on the X-Men was worth it. That's a great pic!
    Namor had some truly great moments with the X-men. He stood by them in their darkest hour, he gave an EPIC verbal smack down to Beast, he smacked down Luke Cage, then beat She-Hulk... With Luke Cage.

Namor was such an amazing fit with the X-Men

I am too old fashioned when it comes to Namor, I suppose. I prefer him in the ocean, with Lady Dorma, fighting in the ocean.

I wanna see more focus on more people fighting for Namor vs. Namor always fighting on everyone else's team.
    yes, I know it has been done, but I want more.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

The only team I really like Namor on is Invaders and that's it. He can accompany others, but being permanent just doesn't feel right. I like him as a lone wolf.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

The only team I really like Namor on is Invaders and that's it. He can accompany others, but being permanent just doesn't feel right. I like him as a lone wolf.
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSS.

I am finding myself agreeing with you on so much today.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Incredible Member

Co-Sign. Namor has friends, and Namor has allies. But he never has teams.

honestly, i dislike the idea of namor and everyone else in the invaders being friends. i think a more 'comrade'' kinda relationship goes better on me.
    there's of course have massive respect for each other but they won't start hanging out in Atlantis eating Doritos and watching the super bowl together
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    honestly, i dislike the idea of namor and everyone else in the invaders being friends. i think a more 'comrade'' kinda relationship goes better on me.
    there's of course have massive respect for each other but they won't start hanging out in Atlantis eating Doritos and watching the super bowl together
    I'm also in agreement. They come together for the common good, chat a bit and then part ways when the job is done. They aren't a clubhouse of buddies, they're soldiers on a mission. I respect that about them and I think it works well. It makes for an interesting dynamic you rarely see in teams. People who respect each other as colleagues, who are on good terms, but aren't going to get too close.

I'm also in agreement. They come together for the common good, chat a bit and then part ways when the job is done. They aren't a clubhouse of buddies, they're soldiers on a mission. I respect that about them and I think it works well. It makes for an interesting dynamic you rarely see in teams. People who respect each other as colleagues, who are on good terms, but aren't going to get too close.
    thats exactly the relationship i had in mind.
    it's hard to have friends if you don't see them as your equals.

while we're at it, let's list the friends Namor has

BANNED

The Invaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    The Invaders.
    They aren't exactly friends. More of comrades he fought in war with and would fight beside again. Brothers in Arms, it's a different kind of bond. It's one that many servicemen used to have with fellow soldiers and still do to this day. It's a camaraderie that only certain people can experience. Band of Brothers is a show that shows this pretty well. They fight together, die together, but in the end they go they're separate ways. Life goes on, until they are needed again.