Page 428 of 631 FirstFirst ... 328378418424425426427428429430431432438478528 ... LastLast
Results 6,406 to 6,420 of 9460

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    the one shot thing would've been better if T'Challa actually...reacted to it.
    like Namor took the shot and T'Challa feeling sorry for him only for Namor to say he owes him one or something
    there was none of that and it felt so meaningless.
    (not a knock on BP rather one on Hickman)
    But T'Challa's reaction to Namor's death doesn't have anything to do with how Namor was treated in this issue and the event overall which was pretty uneventful. If Namor was going to die in SW, then let him go out with a bang. No strategy by either Namor or T'Challa going up against Doom. Why are they standing together when they should attack Doom from different sides and Namor attacking from the air. It was just a rush to get the event done.

So it's not a good showing in Secret Wars #9, I take it?

On another note, I was wondering if someone could help me out with a Namor question. I'm trying to figure out when Namor debuted in Marvel comics and so far I've gotten three different answers from three different people. I know his canon birthday is February 2, 1922, but when is his actual birthday?
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

there was little to no reaction by t'challa which is poor writing IMO.
    i mean he could be like 'how could you kill my new best friend who was once my sworn enemy but we reconciled off panelt, doom?!'
    he wasnt even awarded that.

it's a pretty terrible time to be a namor fan now..his deaths so far has little to no fanfare or reaction at all and poor handling prior to that

I do agree with the lack of strategy ..an infinity gauntlet, an army of zombies and all they did was that
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

That sounds disappointing. I haven't read it yet, but from what I understand

spoilers:
    T'Challa uses the Time or Reality Gem to turn back time? Would that mean the Illuminati's adventures never happened? Because it's clear in Squadron Supreme #1 that Namor as well as the SS remember everything that happened with the Great Society.
    end of spoilers
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    But T'Challa's reaction to Namor's death doesn't have anything to do with how Namor was treated in this issue and the event overall which was pretty uneventful. If Namor was going to die in SW, then let him go out with a bang. No strategy by either Namor or T'Challa going up against Doom. Why are they standing together when they should attack Doom from different sides and Namor attacking from the air. It was just a rush to get the event done.
    The entire "event" was a monumental joke from start to finish with only highlight being the Fantastic Four reveal.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I will say one thing about the crap Hickman has dragged Namor through and Robinson's disrespectful murder of Namor --- at least the abuse is over, and hopefully the haterz will move on to their next target. Ugh.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    Thank you for posting this!
    I had to order my copy from IST, too, because Amazon wants full retail ($75) for it! I also ordered this because I was going to order some Bill Everett collections, but this showed up in my search, and I think I am going to wait on getting the Bill Everett collections for right now:
    Ouch! That's ridiculous. Marvel is jacking their prices on the trades just like the floppies. And I don't know what Amazon is thinking. I used to pick up some good deals on their trades, but now, they barely discount any of them. Except for one huge glitch, I haven't bought a comic trade from them in ... wow, a year or longer.

Ah, Alter Ego. That's another thing I can spend my Marvel bucks on now that my pull list is almost non-existent. I'm definitely going to track down the Everett interviews. You'll have to give us the low down on any in that book.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Anyone remember Namorina from the Ultron Forever 3 parter? She is back in next weeks New Avengers #5 preview and we finally get her name, Dorma McKenzie.

Quote Originally Posted by Danvidar View Post
    Anyone remember Namorina from the Ultron Forever 3 parter? She is back in next weeks New Avengers #5 preview and we finally get her name, Dorma McKenzie.
    Namorina? I guess I'm having a senior moment. I must have missed Ultron Forever...alternate reality?

Quote Originally Posted by Custodes View Post
    Namorina? I guess I'm having a senior moment. I must have missed Ultron Forever...alternate reality?
    It was the title of three connected one shots by Ewing. Time travel was involved so the main team was made up of :Banner Hulk from shortly after becoming the Hulk, Armoured Thor from Simonson's run, current Vision, Black Widow and Jane Thor with Luke Cages daughter as an adult Captain America. At the end we get a snapshot of her Avengers in the year 20XX and there was a female Namor equivalent present. Was only one page Max so no surprise it was missed, her code name/ actual name were only given in next weeks preview. Ewing seems to be reusing character's he has already created but not fleshed out.
    Last edited by Danvidar; 01-14-2016 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danvidar View Post
    It was the title of three connected one shots by Ewing. Time travel was involved so the main team was made up of :Banner Hulk from shortly after becoming the Hulk, Armoured Thor from Simonson's run, current Vision, Black Widow and Jane Thor with Luke Cages daughter as an adult Captain America. At the end we get a snapshot of her Avengers in the year 20XX and there was a female Namor equivalent present. Was only one page Max so no surprise it was missed, her code name/ actual name were only given in next weeks preview. Ewing seems to be reusing character's he has already created but not fleshed out.
    OK....I see. Marvel has a lot of those alternate timelines.In the Claremont/ Exiles....a later run, they had a whole team of Namor-related Atlanteans. Some from Sue Storm and Namor, an X-Men /Atlantean child or two. Three generations. Very confusing but, interesting.Mutants and Hybrids and at least 4 different colors.

This morning, I log on to yet another gloater in the 365 thread. Now I log on and see Alan Rickman has passed away, also of cancer.

I'm going to start having a Palovian response to CBR if things keep up this way.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 01-14-2016 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    This morning, I log on to yet another gloater in the 365 thread. Now I log on and see Alan Rickman has passed away, also of cancer.

I'm going to start having a Palovian response to CBR if things keep up this way.
    Where is the gloater?

I cannot find him/her?
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

I think today is just going to be a "go back to bed and read good comics" day.

Now I'm watching the late news, and they are reporting on the Isis attack in Jakarta. Fortunately, it appears to have been mostly contained. Hope everything is okay, especially with friends and family of dzub and Ario. Take care, friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    Where is the gloater?

I cannot find him/her?
    They got deleted. Well, their post did. ;p