Page 481 of 631 FirstFirst ... 381431471477478479480481482483484485491531581 ... LastLast
Results 7,201 to 7,215 of 9460
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Not sure if serious?
    He's pretty new Maj, so I don't blame him for not knowing.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Prince Namor is to come home to Marvel Studios and be a part of Phase 4 of the MCU come 2020.
    Definitely would be welcome.
    MCU lacks an anti-hero IMO

Plus after the fall out of Infinity War, there could be an illuminati
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    I really want Namor to have small cameo or a line in the Black Panther movie to talking about their rivalry or a mention of Atlantis
    I welcome a cameo of either Namor or Atlantis anywhere.

as a protagonist, nope.
    it does'nt do Namor justice.
    He's a pioneering anti hero, not someone you can simply confine in anyone's rogues gallery.

UNLESS there's a third party manipulating them, then that might work

What? Namor is Black Panther's biggest rival in the MU not to mention Atlantis.
    as SOB mentioned, they were never traditionally enemies.
    they only beefed during AvX, before that they were mostly likely to work together than beat each other up.
    although that need to work together occured very rarely.

the whole reason behind the feud was dumb and shoehorned in
    many plot threads were left untangled during the run, it went on for far too laong and the resolution was a straight cop-out by hickman. it's something fanbases of either side did not want. it had poor showings from both characters.
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.

I really liked Hickman's characterization of Namor aside from a few ooc bits, but his feud with Black Panther only ever amounted to it being solved off panel, despite a long buildup.

I'd rather have Namor be an Avengers level antagonist in the MCU. Wouldn't be opposed to having him appear or referenced in the BP movie though, but I feel it would serve both characters best if Marvel didn't play up their rivalry. However, I feel with the rights to call him mutant and the FF with Fox, as well as the MCU overlooking the Invaders, I can't see how Marvel Studios could possibly do Namor justice while unable to reference much of his history.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

i saw an argument somewhere protagonist =/= villain.
    though spoilers:
    zemo, arguably a sympathetic villain, had serious motivations, did'nt really win any fans
    end of spoilers

either way, we're sorry but for the time being, BP and Namor should'nt be involved on screen.
    namedropping is fine, cameos are fine but that was a part of the character's rich history most of the fan base do not really like.
    they have plenty of other great stories which they can draw upon.

If they want to tease Namor, Black Panther's film or Dr. Strange might be the best place to do it.

The reason is because both of those films will focus on "hidden" lands, so an outsider could make a cast off joke about "next you'll tell me Atlantis is real!" to which a person that's in the in-group would just sort of look at them with an "Of course it is" type of reaction, then just move on.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

that would be perfect SoB.
    right in the MCU tone

BANNED

As an explanation I don't usually go on forums so I wouldn't know how a lot of people would feel about it, but I didn't think people hated the Black Panther/Namor beef. Namor has always been an acquired taste for some people because of his demeanor and attitude having a proud man like Black Panther who isn't going to back down to anyone. I thought it made sense.
    I understand you better now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MrHashasheen View Post
    He's pretty new Maj, so I don't blame him for not knowing.
    Agreed 100%. (I've just seen and responded to his post. )

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Agreed 100%. (I've just seen and responded to his post. )
    Although Outburstz's opinion on a wakanda atlantis conflict is rather common on comment threads of the Namor news a month ago..which is a little worrying..

If they were to introduce Namor in a movie, how would you like to see them do it. I kinda hope they take a page from Byrnes run in that he's this mysterious businessman who's been buying companies left and right and no one seems to know about him. Then reveal his true nature later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    If they were to introduce Namor in a movie, how would you like to see them do it. I kinda hope they take a page from Byrnes run in that he's this mysterious businessman who's been buying companies left and right and no one seems to know about him. Then reveal his true nature later on.
    Great question.
    A mysterious ocean loving business man?
    that would work great.

I'd like to see the original Everett run come to life but it might not translate well on screens.
    Namor at his most nihilistic.

the homeless Namor returning to his senses should always be how he comes back to the modern era.
    nothing hurts his royal pride more than being humbled.
    being on the bottom of society's totem pole combined with the 'destruction' of his kingdom after gaining his original memories, that makes him one angry sea king.

i'd probably have him rescue a homeless kid from being mugged, have the kid tell everyone about his feats of stregth and no one believing him.
    the kid, let's call him johnny, will see namor and the human torch on a museum exhbit and be convinced he is namor.
    there johnny meets dr alexander, a scientist who namor saved a long time ago.
    both of them then trick namor to go swimming (who has developed a phobia of swimming) which will regain his memories.
    namor sees his kingdom ruined due to pollution and destruction

namor will return and wreck the city, the army and the avengers but pause a moment (something those 3 were'nt able to do) when he sees the homeless people who have been kind to him, who were his friends suffering the most under his rampage.
    a group of them led by johnny, would tell him to stop destroying their city.
    dr alexander convinces him that his people are still around, that they migrated to be far from the pollution that have affected them.
    he leaves, but not before warning the surface world if they do not stop disrespecting the oceans, he will return and the next time, with his own army.

*post credits scenes*
    Namor finds his peoples, they celebrate the return of their prince.
    Attuma and Krang are watching the parade on their screens, both plotting against him.

I'd like to see him already established when/if he debuts in the MCU. No origin story, he's already king of Atlantis. Maybe they could have hid one of the Infinity stones in his trident.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I'd like to see him already established when/if he debuts in the MCU. No origin story, he's already king of Atlantis. Maybe they could have hid one of the Infinity stones in his trident.
    hmm..given his relatively unkown status to movie fans..that might not be a good idea to have him be an established character.

hiding an infinity stone in his trident/atlantis is a great idea

BANNED

I love Namor as much as anyone else

but would you guys agree that he was created based on the "Great White Savior" cliché...

a white man becomes leader of the Blue ("people of color") Atlanteans and becomes their king and greatest champion?