Page 559 of 631 FirstFirst ... 59459509549555556557558559560561562563569609 ... LastLast
Results 8,371 to 8,385 of 9460
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    Funny I just recently mentioned this on Twitter. It was a great one-shot. Secret origins of 90s Namor's earring! Who could've guessed the story behind that?
    I loved it! The art was gorgeous.

It could have also been a secret origin for Jessica Drew! Remember, the Pirate Queen's name was Patience DREW. I wondered if Dennis Hopeless knew that when he used that pirate Namor in that Spider-Woman story / event. I can't remember the name of it, but I think it had some alternate universe stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I heard about it; might have seen some pages - but I was actually 'musing' over a movie. Definitely not a 'canon' one (hence my Elseworlds comment - - maybe I was thinking about the Pirate Namor comic)
    At this point, I'll take what I can get on the movie front -- though I think Marvel isn't too interested in Elseworlds movies. Or a Namor movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    I think I remember a 1602 version of Namor who was a pirate and Marvel Noir version who was one during the 30s too. Pirate Namor seems to be a common Elseworlds concept.
    Was the 1602 Namor a pirate too? I thought he ruled a city ... though he definitely looked like a pirate.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfang View Post
    I really like that cover art, probably the sexiest Namor I've seen besides the Luke Evans-esque one.
    I like it a lot too. And I'm so happy we FINALLY got a John Tyler Christopher cover. I still want an action figure one by him. I mean, even Sting Ray got one!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Comic book characters and stories are not about settling scores. This kind of talk reminds me of the many useless and wasted efforts to punish characters like

Wanda, the Scarlet Witch.

We don't read these stories to see this kind of thing.
    Characters like Wanda, Namor, Medusa, Captain America, etc are super HEROES. And these are serialized adventures, tales. Sometimes we may see an address to these things (various tribunals of Wakanda, Atlantis, Morlock-ville, etc come to mind).
    I'm trying to remember if Namor sued us, or we sued Namor back when he met Daredevil . . . . way, way back in DD # 7 or thereabouts. That story was about the legal issues between Namor and the US, though I don't remember the whole story.
    Magneto had a trial - maybe 2 or 3 by now, I'm out of the loop on the X-world these days.
    The Fantastic Four has had lawsuits over property destruction or tenant/landlord issues.

Most of those stories are from back in the day, there may be more current stories but none come to mind.
    I agree in part. Perhaps not so much in more modern comics, but definitely in the comics I grew up reading, the characters WERE heroes, even if they had flaws or made mistakes. I remember how Stan Lee, even when he had Namor as the antagonist, always referred to him in heroic terms, and repeated talked about his nobility. Yes, there were a lot of 'misunderstanding' battles, but Stan, and writers of his era, always made both characters look good. You don't see that happen as often today, where guest heroes tend to get portrayed in a less than flattering light to make the other character look good.

That said, these characters have been around for decades -- Namor for almost 80 years, and they've been written inconsistently by numerous writers, especially when they are guest starring in another book. If a character gets written into a corner, like Hickman (et. al) did for Namor, then I think the fans of that character deserve to see him returned to his former status. But despite 'promises' from some writers, we've never seen that happen for Namor. Namor really deserves his own book, or at least his own mini-series, to rectify this.

And yes, that was another great story, the Daredevil #7! Namor decided to sue the entire human race!

Next Wednesday we are also going to get this. I'll probably not be so happy with the interior, but I do love this cover by Brian Stelfreeze

It's a very beautiful cover. Stunning!
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Uuummmmm, what just happened? You are replying to my previous post, which addressed The Ray's comments - -

but I don't see either The Ray's post or my reply - - just your reply quoting me.

Did someone remove them? I checked my profile and it doesn't list that reply either....

Uuummmmm, what just happened? You are replying to my previous post, which addressed The Ray's comments - -

but I don't see either The Ray's post or my reply - - just your reply quoting me.

Did someone remove them? I checked my profile and it doesn't list that reply either....
    It appears as though a mod (thankfully) removed some posts for trolling and derailing.
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Thankfully?

Okay then.

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    It's a very beautiful cover. Stunning!
    It is gorgeous -- he's fantastic with color. I'd love to see him do some Namor centric covers. I can imagine this with Namor rogues and allies in his silhouette.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Next Wednesday we are also going to get this. I'll probably not be so happy with the interior, but I do love this cover by Brian Stelfreeze

Awesome cover!

I've been getting back into drawing recently(not that great, lol). I think I may try to draw or paint this.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfang View Post
    It appears as though a mod (thankfully) removed some posts for trolling and derailing.
    I agree 100%. It was disheartening for me to visit after a few days only to see that stuff going on for pages here.

Thankfully?

Okay then.
    Thankfully, before any Namor fans got banned responding to the attacks.

I had a couple posts deleted too, but I'd rather that, than have to deal with ... let's say, the disruption of Namor appreciation in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Awesome cover!

I've been getting back into drawing recently(not that great, lol). I think I may try to draw or paint this.

Do it! I'm sure you are better than you let on. And it's not like any of us, even Stelfreeze, started out this good.

Thankfully, before any Namor fans got banned responding to the attacks.

I had a couple posts deleted too, but I'd rather that, than have to deal with ... let's say, the disruption of Namor appreciation in this thread.
    Why people bother posting in threads of characters they don't like is strange and just plain stupid.

Do it! I'm sure you are better than you let on. And it's not like any of us, even Stelfreeze, started out this good.
    Thanks. I'll work on it and post it here when I'm done. It'll take me a while, right now we're hectic at work, but I'll give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Thanks. I'll work on it and post it here when I'm done. It'll take me a while, right now we're hectic at work, but I'll give it a shot.
    Great! Looking forward to it, when you get some time.