Page 560 of 631 FirstFirst ... 60460510550556557558559560561562563564570610 ... LastLast
Results 8,386 to 8,400 of 9460

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Was the 1602 Namor a pirate too? I thought he ruled a city ... though he definitely looked like a pirate.
    1602 Namor was reimagined as Numenor and ruled over Bensaylum. I really wasn't all that impressed with this version of Namor.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    1602 Namor was reimagined as Numenor and ruled over Bensaylum. I really wasn't all that impressed with this version of Namor.
    That's right! I thought he was a ruler. What I really remember about that particular series, was how cool Doctor Doom's cover looked. LOL! The Namor cover also wasn't bad, but nothing like the Doom cover. But he did look more like a pirate in that cover, rather than a ruler.

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I found something new to aspire to:

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I knew some Namor fan would give us a preview of tomorrow's X-Men Red. THANK YOU!

https://twitter.com/OliverSava/statu...25446505742337
    Last edited by Reviresco; 02-07-2018 at 01:28 AM.

Wow!... That's something!

I have to post also this, from this week cover contest of course:

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Well done Raffi with that powerful Buckler cover.

With the contest over, this was the one i almost went with.

The great Marie!

(And I will post that in a few seconds in the Namor appreciation thread... It's the kind if cover Reviresco would have posted...)
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

I knew some Namor fan would give us a preview of tomorrow's X-Men Red. THANK YOU!

https://twitter.com/OliverSava/statu...25446505742337
    I'm really curious about what you thought about the two Namor's appearances of the week. Nothing extraordinary imho, but nothing bad too.
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Rise #2.

Good issue. He captures Tchalla and Namor very well. Still a bit talky, but its good talk. I would like to see more comic style action. It might be a bit harder as each issue seems to be a one shot so he has to get the full story out. BP and Namor have a good back and forth. Both fan bases should be satisfied.

Do it! I'm sure you are better than you let on. And it's not like any of us, even Stelfreeze, started out this good.
    I pick up the book this weekend and I'll get started on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    Wow!... That's something!

I have to post also this, from this week cover contest of course:
    That Marie Severin cover is so great! Just the thing to put a smile on my face on a rainy day. I need to get back to the cover contest thread.

Yes. That Namor display is amazing and inspirational! Just the history (and the money invested) is stunning. The lighting is a bit distracting in that photo, but I assume it's not so blinding in person. I have my Namor statues displayed in a mirrored china cabinet, but it doesn't have lighting, and it doesn't have any comics in it, much less such high grades.

I'm really curious about what you thought about the two Namor's appearances of the week. Nothing extraordinary imho, but nothing bad too.
    My expectations are low, but my excitement is high! It's been forever since Namor fans have had anything to look forward to. And it will be the first time in months that actually go to my comic store for a Wednesday release.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Rise #2.

Good issue. He captures Tchalla and Namor very well. Still a bit talky, but its good talk. I would like to see more comic style action. It might be a bit harder as each issue seems to be a one shot so he has to get the full story out. BP and Namor have a good back and forth. Both fan bases should be satisfied.
    Glad to hear it! I heard the mini-series was something of a history of Black Panther, so I'm not surprised there's more taking than comic style action. Thanks for the information. Keeps me from searching for spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I pick up the book this weekend and I'll get started on it.
    Can't wait to see it!

*Sigh*

Why is there so many small minded fans that are against Namor? I know I'm new to the forum but it seems to be several positive basis for some characters and then completely illogical negative basis for others.

A writer who loves Namor needs to come out of the wood work stat to change this nonsense around.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    *Sigh*

Why is there so many small minded fans that are against Namor? I know I'm new to the forum but it seems to be several positive basis for some characters and then completely illogical negative basis for others.
    I blame three things.

1) Hickman

2) Guys who have lost their girlfriends / ladies to another guy.

3) Extremely bad taste.

A writer who loves Namor needs to come out of the wood work stat to change this nonsense around.
    I agree 1000%! Namor NEEDS his own book with a writer and great artist that love and appreciate him. All this guest starring is what we have to settle for, but he needs a story that is all about showing off HIM, not other characters.

I'm leaning toward your assessment. But it sure was nice to see Heroic Namor in a comic again.

I'm left with a few questions about both issues. I think the BP comic is something of a retcon ... and the costume is wrong.

I think X-Men Red will require a bit more thought than I'm capable of right now. Not so much for Namor, but the ideas that Taylor seems to be going for. There seems to be a lot that Taylor has left out as far as HOW the characters arrive at the point they are at. Like I'm not sure why Namor agrees to help at all. I didn't think Atlantis even had a seat at the UN. I get the feeling that there will be flashback fill ins, though.

I'll see if I can get some scans up and some thoughts together, tomorrow.

Very nice collection and display, my friend! Thanks for sharing.

*Sigh*

Do you watch wrestling?
    I remember growing up hating on Chris Jericho.
    It took me last year to realize that's the point of his character!!
    Namor i feel is the same way, you have to dig beyond the surface level to actually appreciate his character.

That won't happen until there's a movie
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)