Page 564 of 631 FirstFirst ... 64464514554560561562563564565566567568574614 ... LastLast
Results 8,446 to 8,460 of 9460
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

After today's Marvels newest announcement today for their latest Fresh Start ongoing, I think a letter to the EiC is definitely needed. Or perhaps I should just give up on Marvel entirely.

Here's hoping tomorrow's X-Men Red redeems this week for me.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

IN these two the emphasis is on the eyes and brows too.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    IN these two the emphasis is on the eyes and brows too.
    Yes. I really love that first painting with the crown and seaweed, but I don't understand why he's so wide eyed.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Yep. The guy is talented and it was fun to have a look at the site (there are a few painting of French superheroes from the early 80s... lol.. ) but the photos he's working on could sometimes be better. Funnily he says that he didn't know Alex Ross when he started his paintings.
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

As I predicted and entirely fitting for this week, there was zero appearance by Namor in X-Men Red #2.

I did find this interesting old article from 1997 on Sean Howe's tumblr on the Marvel Cinematic Universe 1997.

http://seanhowe.tumblr.com/post/1690...-universe-1997

How awesome would that have been?! One of the writers from RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK and the director of THE RIGHT STUFF doing a Namor movie in the late 90s! Oh, and he wrote OUTLAW JOSEY WALES too. Would have great to have had two Namor fans, him and Clint Eastwood, making a Namor movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    Yep. The guy is talented and it was fun to have a look at the site (there are a few painting of French superheroes from the early 80s... lol.. ) but the photos he's working on could sometimes be better. Funnily he says that he didn't know Alex Ross when he started his paintings.
    Really? Interesting. I guess he must have read comics as a kid, and maybe doesn't now / in the last few decades?

I think he did an outstanding job with Namor, just his expression is a bit odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Really? Interesting. I guess he must have read comics as a kid, and maybe doesn't now / in the last few decades?

I think he did an outstanding job with Namor, just his expression is a bit odd.
    In fact there are two guys behind the name : the painter and the photographer ("Ian"). The painter us an autodidact who discovered the art of portrait and of oil painting a bit lately. He started painting superheroes because his work didn't sale as far as I understand it. And you're right : he obviously read comics as a kid - the same ad me! (On a side note, you saw as me that he's not afraid to paint Oriro or Poison Ivy topless... Another terrible French guy.. lol ...)

The Namor pics are great!

As I predicted and entirely fitting for this week, there was zero appearance by Namor in X-Men Red #2.

I did find this interesting old article from 1997 on Sean Howe's tumblr on the Marvel Cinematic Universe 1997.

http://seanhowe.tumblr.com/post/1690...-universe-1997

How awesome would that have been?! One of the writers from RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK and the director of THE RIGHT STUFF doing a Namor movie in the late 90s! Oh, and he wrote OUTLAW JOSEY WALES too. Would have great to have had two Namor fans, him and Clint Eastwood, making a Namor movie.
    I love Josey Wales...

Great director : The Invasion of Body Snatchers was great and The Unbearable Lightness of Being quite good.

A Namor project with Clint would have been great. IIRC Eastwood had the rights for Miller's DLR at a time. I can't help but notice his taste for the earliest superheroes ever...

It'd have been interesting if Namor had beat Aquaman to the big screen. I'm wondering now if that takes him off the table for fear of looking like Marvel is ripping off DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    It'd have been interesting if Namor had beat Aquaman to the big screen. I'm wondering now if that takes him off the table for fear of looking like Marvel is ripping off DC.
    I don't think Marvel would care in the slightest. If they have plans for Namor, movie then they'd go ahead with it.

I would cast a younger actor, someone in his late 20's early 30 who would sign on for multiple movies.

On a separate topic, I'm about to order the Marvel Legends Namor figure in the black suit with the blue scales.

Looks awesome.

The Comixology Digital Comics sale of Marvel trades for 99 cents, features both volumes of John Byrne's Namor! Plus the most recent Marvel Masterworks Sub-Mariner, which features the last issues of his Silver / Bronze Age run, as well as all 7 Marvel Masterworks Golden Age Marvel Comics and the 3 Marvel Masterworks Golden Age Sub-Mariner. Oh, and Invaders Now. Scroll down to the last section, More Marvel Collections. This is the best price I've seen on these books.

https://www.comixology.com/Marvel-Re...list22872_pg=2

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Yes, definitely part of my mixed feelings about the Aquaman movie. If it doesn't do well, then does that mean Marvel will use that as excuse NOT to do a Namor movie? If it does well, does that mean Marvel doesn't want to "follow" in DC's footsteps? Of course, it doesn't help that the Aquaman movie seems to be trying to make him more like Namor.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I don't think Marvel would care in the slightest. If they have plans for Namor, movie then they'd go ahead with it.

I would cast a younger actor, someone in his late 20's early 30 who would sign on for multiple movies.

On a separate topic, I'm about to order the Marvel Legends Namor figure in the black suit with the blue scales.

Looks awesome.
    Is that the Walgreen's Exclusive? I think that's one of the best Namor figures.

I definitely think they need to cast a bit younger for Namor, like they did with Cap and Thor -- especially if they are going with the speedo costume.

I'm happy to be proven wrong about the Travis Charest covers for X-Men Red. Looks like Namor will indeed get one! Not sure which issue, but maybe #4?

From Mark Paniccisa's twitter.
    https://twitter.com/MarkPaniccia/sta...41594912022529

I'm happy to be proven wrong about the Travis Charest covers for X-Men Red. Looks like Namor will indeed get one! Not sure which issue, but maybe #4?

From Mark Paniccisa's twitter.
    https://twitter.com/MarkPaniccia/sta...41594912022529
    I like the suit but Namor looks a lot older in this image.

And the hairline is receding back a little too far.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I like the suit but Namor looks a lot older in this image.

And the hairline is receding back a little too far.
    I agree. That hairline is way off. I think that is what might be contributing to his older look. I love the lighting, but I don't usually think of Namor as golden / tanned. And his ear looks almost fake, it's too big and the color doesn't match the rest of his skin tone. But I do like his expression and those green eyes.

I still don't like that suit. That big, plate like, X awful.