Page 571 of 631 FirstFirst ... 71471521561567568569570571572573574575581621 ... LastLast
Results 8,551 to 8,565 of 9460

Thor vs. Namor in last week's Thor #1!

Unfortunate we didn't get to see a huge, detailed fight between the two, but it's nice to see Namor duking it out with some of Marvel's higher tiers in terms of strength. Del Mundo's an incredible artist.

Jason Aaron's repeatedly mentioned he has pans for Namor. I think he's just the right guy to create a foundation for Namor and Atlantis's mythos. Hoping for more. In Avengers and maybe more in Thor as well.

Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

I am a Thor follower, and loved the first issue, but was disappointed it only showed a brief glimpse of this battle. Namor was one of my daughter's absolute fav's. Will he be getting back his own book anytime soon? I wonder where he would be in the legacy count?

I like Namors appearance in Thor but I am not confident at all in Aaron writing Namor.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

While it was nice to see Namor appear, I wish it was little more than the usual "let's fight each other!" scenarios that are all too common.

Why not have them team up in a two-parter that would have them searching for the missing artifact together and fight some new menace.

Namor looked good tho'.

We had "our" generation's Namor vs Thing/Hulk/Thor/Iron Man battles, and I'm sure newer and younger readers may have read some of these.

But perhaps it is time for a new generation of such battles. At some point they'll move on to other (new) foes or situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Has Submariner been included in any contemporary cartoon shows? this seems like it would be ripe for re-imagining, with Atlantis and the other undersea/underground kingdoms and the fantasy-sci-fi villains of Marvel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    But I still love them over all these years. The music, the narrator's voice - I can still hear them in my mind. Namor's voice was especially worthy. Many stories involved Lady Dorma and their romance.
    This site has all the old Marvel cartoons, and Spider Man and FF Hanna Barbara, and Film Nation DC (Superman,Batman, Aquaman, Teen Titans, Green Lantern, Flash, Atom, Hawkman, Wonder Woman) etc...As well as most old cartoon. Free...................... watchcartoononline.io Check under The Sub-Mariner on the cartoon list page.

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    Thor vs. Namor in last week's Thor #1!

Unfortunate we didn't get to see a huge, detailed fight between the two, but it's nice to see Namor duking it out with some of Marvel's higher tiers in terms of strength. Del Mundo's an incredible artist.

Jason Aaron's repeatedly mentioned he has pans for Namor. I think he's just the right guy to create a foundation for Namor and Atlantis's mythos. Hoping for more. In Avengers and maybe more in Thor as well.

how is the water on fire?

I can see Namor fighting Hulk, The Thing, and even Hercules but not THOR.
    aka(s). o-bunⓐi-o // ⓓcembⓘrth

Sorry for any misspellings or grammar mistakes

Last edited by Crazed T'Challa x Emma x Namor shipper; Yesterday at 00:00 UM.

He fought him once in The Invaders. Back when Thor was working for Hitler.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Dad View Post
    I am a Thor follower, and loved the first issue, but was disappointed it only showed a brief glimpse of this battle. Namor was one of my daughter's absolute fav's. Will he be getting back his own book anytime soon? I wonder where he would be in the legacy count?
    Wow, Mantis Dad, so glad to have you with us. I'm one who likes Namor old cartoons and golden and silver age series in that order and more than anything that has come after. I confess I haven't continued my Namor exploration since I stopped with the readathon thread here in the forums years ago. I suppose at some point I would like to go back to it.

I just read the article where Kevin Feige says Namor's rights are still partly with Universal so that is horrible news. Lets hope they get to settle that after the Fox deal is finalized. So far the most exciting news I gather from this thread is the upcoming Namor's appearance in Avengers but I won't get too excited until I see the final product.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    .... I'm one who likes Namor old cartoons and golden and silver age series in that order and more than anything that has come after. ...
    watchcartoononline.io They have all "The Merry Marvel Marching Society" on there. Bad quality, it was bad to begin with but, most of the other stuff is high quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Wow, Mantis Dad, so glad to have you with us. I'm one who likes Namor old cartoons and golden and silver age series in that order and more than anything that has come after. I confess I haven't continued my Namor exploration since I stopped with the readathon thread here in the forums years ago. I suppose at some point I would like to go back to it.

I just read the article where Kevin Feige says Namor's rights are still partly with Universal so that is horrible news. Lets hope they get to settle that after the Fox deal is finalized. So far the most exciting news I gather from this thread is the upcoming Namor's appearance in Avengers but I won't get too excited until I see the final product.
    Do you mean the movies? That would be really nice to see him on the big screen.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    I like Namors appearance in Thor but I am not confident at all in Aaron writing Namor.
    Why do you say that? I think the potential is there.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

They've fought a number of times but not in recent years. Namor is the spiritual (if you will) descendent of a God, Neptune. I don't really remember who really won or not in those battles. Memory fails but I'm sure they even traded blows in the classic # 3 (Hulk and Namor vs the Avengers!)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Dad View Post
    Do you mean the movies? That would be really nice to see him on the big screen.
    No, I meant this:

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    Two mentions of Namor for September's Marvel solicits:

AVENGERS #8
    JASON AARON (W) • DAVID MARQUEZ (A/C)
    VARIANT COVER BY PHILIP TAN
    COSMIC GHOST RIDER VS VARIANT COVER BY MIKE MCKONE
    “WORLD TOUR” PART ONE
    In the aftermath of their world-shaking battle against the Dark Celestials, the new Avengers team is officially formed, complete with a startling new headquarters at the top of the world. Behold the wonders of Avengers Mountain. But someone who doesn’t seem impressed is Namor, the ferocious lord of Atlantis, whose rage may turn the oceans red with blood!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

I have no idea what about downing the Dark Celestials would set off Namor, but it sounds like he's more than just a little pissed off if he's willing to confront the Avengers about it. Maybe they brought the fight to the oceans and that didn't sit well with him? Or maybe there's some underlying effect of fighting these entities that only an ancient pre-human race would have record of? No idea, but this could end up with him becoming an antagonist, or possibly him joining the team. A while back I pointed out how there were no Atlanteans part of the 1mil BC Avengers team. We know these Avengers are somehow connected to them. Maybe we'll actually get to see an ancient Atlantis or Atlanteans in that story after all? I'm interested. Jason Aaron teased Namor way back during his Thor run. Would love for this to be something more than a cameo.

X-MEN RED #8
    TOM TAYLOR (W) • CARMEN CARNERO (A)
    COVER BY JENNY FRISON
    COSMIC GHOST RIDER VS VARIANT COVER BY JAMAL CAMPBELL
    HEADSHOT VARIANT COVER BY TRAVIS CHAREST
    In the wake of an unprecedented assault on Atlantis, the X-Men must react and recover...while at the mercy of a world that grows more hostile to mutants every day, and a foe who is determined to keep it that way!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

This doesn't bode well for Atlantis. It would seem there's a fallout on yet another attack on them, which in the last 10 years, must make it about 12 times? I'm getting tired of these stories. Really tired. I hope I'm wrong and something more worthwhile comes out of Atlantis being used for the setting of just a couple issues for a place to get attacked, yet again. Let's hope Atlantis shows some might, and doesn't just seem like an open target again. It confuses me why Namor would so willingly house the X-Men and make Atlantis such a target. He doesn't seem to gain anything from them being there. And the cost, especially now that we know Atlantis gets attacked again, makes me question it further.

Thoughts?