Page 573 of 631 FirstFirst ... 73473523563569570571572573574575576577583623 ... LastLast
Results 8,581 to 8,595 of 9460

I really enjoyed the video as well! Makes me remember a lot of unused characters and has pushed me to go back and read old Namor books!

I will be complying a list to answer Valamist question hopefully before the week is out!
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

It looks lik the board ate my post,so anyway,just wanted to say I liked Byrnes run and Sub-Mariner Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by OutlawGunStar View Post
    It looks lik the board ate my post,so anyway,just wanted to say I liked Byrnes run and Sub-Mariner Revolution.
    I hate that post eating crap.Just when you write out a long,detailed and/or brilliant post....poof....it's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    This has probably been asked a lot before, but what are the best Namor books? I really like the character and I want to read more stuff with him in.
    All right I think I have my list. I separate it into two parts the first being more "traditional" soap box comics and the second being a more modernize take. I like a lot of stuff involving Marvel's Royalty specifically Namor so I have limited each part to 3 per section. Some of which you can find in Trade if you choose to seek them out.

Traditional

1. Tales to Astonish - Sub-Mariner and the Incredible Hulk
    2. Prince Namor the Sub- Mariner #8, #11, #14 #20
    3. Avengers #272 by Roger Stern ( A few others in Sterns run but I can remember and/or find the comic numbers of them)

Modern
    1. Namor: The Sub-Mariner (1990-1995) by John Byrne
    2. Sub-Mariner Revolution by Matt Chreniss (I'm iffy about this one but as Modern takes go it's better than most )
    3. Namor: The First Mutant By Stuart Moore

Thats my list in a nut shell. Wish we could get some good Namor stories today...but I won't hold my breath since we can't even get good Black Panther stories when he has a it film out. Marvel royalty is seriously suffering right now. Makes me sad.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

I don't remember the name of it; but one of my favorite Namor stories/series is where he is a young boy/teenager. I have read that arc several times. I believe it was one of my daughter's favorites as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Dad View Post
    I don't remember the name of it; but one of my favorite Namor stories/series is where he is a young boy/teenager. I have read that arc several times. I believe it was one of my daughter's favorites as well.
    I read one issue of that and was intrigued.

I'm tardy on new books, but, I see Screen Rants did an article on Namor's New Look....http://screenrant.com/namor-submarin...t-marvel-movie Can't swim with that. Not sure about emo hair.

Coming in Avengers #9.

Some one with Namor's lvl of strength could swim wearing just about anything, if we are being completely honest.

It's not his traditional look but I personally like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Custodes View Post
    I read one issue of that and was intrigued.

I'm tardy on new books, but, I see Screen Rants did an article on Namor's New Look....http://screenrant.com/namor-submarin...t-marvel-movie Can't swim with that. Not sure about emo hair.

Coming in Avengers #9.
    I commented about his hair in that thread. Not sure you will agree, but it is just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Some one with Namor's lvl of strength could swim wearing just about anything, if we are being completely honest.

It's not his traditional look but I personally like it.
    Yes, but, it would still slow him down, if only a little. In battle one needs to be one's best, at all times. If he were real, I don't think he would wear stylish stuff unless it was tactically advantageous. I don't really care that much, of course. I'll live ;-) It is just to be pretty in the "funny pages" as the grandparents used to call them. If I was a woman, I suppose I would like it. (Just trying to see others point of view. I guess they would find it sexy...not on most military lists for important kit and must have...)

I commented about his hair in that thread. Not sure you will agree, but it is just a thought.
    I wouldn't "lose it" over a new design like this. But, I do not think Namor would really wear such a thing. He has always had a bit of style added here or there. Even in the Golden and Silver Ages.....a cape and crown. A new "fashion accessory" ....or "formal/regal wear in the Throne Room.....not in battle, natch. He is a King, Royalty after all. Not the Boston Beckham Arianna Grande set really. But, I guess the young need "updating." For what it is worth....

I'm glad Namor seems to be edging back, of course. In Avenger #9...In X-Men ( Red? I forgot ...although are those books ending this fall?) With new Uncanny? I'm not going to look a "gift horse in the mouth." As they say.

This has probably been asked a lot before, but what are the best Namor books? I really like the character and I want to read more stuff with him in.
    John Byrne's Namor run.

Avengers Assault on Olympus Vol. 1 #278 - 285.

If you are still looking..I see Reviresco has a nice list on page one of "Namor75: Namor The Sub-Mariner Readathon" thread. It is older Golden Age/Silver Age landmarks list. Thank you Reviresco.

I see we have a thread about this. I don't get on here enough to keep up. Sorry. I always check in here first. Sometimes after midnight. "New Posts" isn't always showing newer threads stuff then. I should have known you folks were light years ahead of me. I barely keep up. I bought a ton of books last week.....first time in two years....what was on the shelf..I wont complain here....................

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Hello, been a lurker for a while and finally decided to join. Namor is my favorite character and I've been trying to read everything with him for the last few years. I've been hoping that Marvel opens their eyes and actually gives us a Sub-Mariner comic that runs for longer than 12 issues. I'm really hoping that if they do give us a series it revolves around Atlantis and maybe reviving Nita.
    Last edited by ImperiusWrecked; 08-15-2018 at 09:55 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Hello, been a lurker for a while and finally decided to join. Namor is my favorite character and I've been trying to read everything with him for the last few years. I've been hoping that Marvel opens their eyes and actually gives us a Sub-Mariner comic that runs for longer than 12 issues. I'm really hoping that if they do give us a series it revolves around Atlantis and maybe reviving Nita.
    Welcome! We are all waiting for that. It will certainly happen when they finally make a Sub-mariner feature in the MCU whenever that happens. Perhaps the Aquaman movie which is shaping to be a success will spark some interest for Marvel to dust off their own King of Atlantis and get a good ongoing series now. To me the 60s cartoon was such a jewel, his golden age and silver age series where awesome too. Hopefully they go back to those roots with the character and ignore some of the more modern appearances.