Page 627 of 631 FirstFirst ... 127527577617623624625626627628629630631 LastLast
Results 9,391 to 9,405 of 9460
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    No thanks. I'm beyond tired of seeing Namor and Atlantis getting trashed to make Wakanda look good. Black Panther should pull a worthy antagonist from his own rogue's gallery.

I very much want to see Namor in the MCU, showing off the amazing tech and cities that we saw in Aquaman, instead of how they are being portrayed in the comics, as a bunch starving, trident carrying, nomads that everyone on the surface world can invade easily.

Defenders of the Deep could be interesting, but right now, it looks like they are nothing more than cardboard canon fodder for Squadron Supreme.

[

Exactly Namor is marvel first character ( if we count the preview issues of Motion Picture Funnies Weekly, or else he is basically tied with 4 or 5 other guys) he deserves better treatment than to be worfed to make Black Panther badass. Namor is a powerhouse the real first one of comics i know of. Introducing him in the avengers could work the fantastic four would be better. Either way he really needs to be handled well and done justice

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    I agree with everything you have said here. I think of myself more so neutral in the Namor and T'Challa matter but all of your points are factual. T'Challa has his own villains he should use them. If he can't have a good film without Namor then frankly the film should fail. However, T'Challa is fine since there are plenty of other villains he can mine.
    Oh thank you, I totally agree that T'challa should rely on his own character/story and that is what made the Black Panther movie so GOOD. I've watched it like four times because the small amount of time we had there was so much world building happening and I know that his comics are generally very well received and he has his own mythos and I am looking forward to seeing more of those movies when they make the sequels.

The problem I have with the MCU is just they focus so much on crossovers and setting up the next movie they aren't giving enough time to the characters, except for a few good movies I really am just ok but not crazy about most of the MCU.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

No thanks. I'm beyond tired of seeing Namor and Atlantis getting trashed to make Wakanda look good. Black Panther should pull a worthy antagonist from his own rogue's gallery.

I very much want to see Namor in the MCU, showing off the amazing tech and cities that we saw in Aquaman, instead of how they are being portrayed in the comics, as a bunch starving, trident carrying, nomads that everyone on the surface world can invade easily.

Defenders of the Deep could be interesting, but right now, it looks like they are nothing more than cardboard canon fodder for Squadron Supreme.
    I agree, Aaron's writing is not good at all for Namor's character and really hope Namor doesn't show up too much in future Avengers (or even at all tbh)

Quote Originally Posted by Leon Evelake View Post
    [

Exactly Namor is marvel first character ( if we count the preview issues of Motion Picture Funnies Weekly, or else he is basically tied with 4 or 5 other guys) he deserves better treatment than to be worfed to make Black Panther badass. Namor is a powerhouse the real first one of comics i know of. Introducing him in the avengers could work the fantastic four would be better. Either way he really needs to be handled well and done justice
    The Fantastic Four might make a good intro if they have Doctor Doom, because the comparison between Namor and Doom's differences could be highlighted where Namor is really an anti hero who wants to do what it takes to protect his people and Doom is a outright villain whose focus is taking down the Four, an epic Doom vs Namor battle would be very sweet but I really won't care for any Sue/Namor stuff, I hope Marvel won't try to do that love triangle again.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

In random things of amusement to me, I realized that today it will be 20 years since i started collecting comics. I had some flirtations comics was given a reprint of spidermans first fight with mysterio when i was pretty young, read my uncles copy of the death of superman and even bought a single issue (well my mom did for me) the last issue of what if.
    But nothing really made me want more, or at least enough to spend money monthly
    The on christmas eve my cousin gave be a copy of thor # 4 from the heros return era.

I already liked both Thor and Namor from the fantasitc four and hulk animated series ( i also had some trading cards) and my dad had told me about Namor since he was his favorite character when he read comic
    So getting a issue with both characters was perfect.

Now its 2 decades later weird to think
    Congrats! What a lovely Christmas memory. I was out of comics around that time, but when I returned and was playing catch up, I remember picking that issue up, and thinking, "Wow, Namor is GOLDEN." ;p
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfang View Post
    I don't see why Marvel/Disney wouldn't give him his own film eventually unless they just feel he isn't as big of a draw as the others, they should at least introduce him as an ally in an Avengers film or something.
    There's a lot I think Marvel SHOULD do about Namor, but sadly, they aren't listening to me, for some reason.

I think Aquaman is proving that their stance of Namor 'not a big draw' is completely wrong. But coming in second behind that success is the question, now. However, I hope you are right, and I am incorrect, and Marvel finds a way to give Namor a movie of his own.

Here's a couple of articles that talks about how they could make a Namor film different from Aquaman's -- though I am not sure I agree entirely with either, it gives one food for thought.

https://screenrant.com/namor-movie-marvel-aquaman-dc/

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/246...r-into-the-mcu
    Last edited by Reviresco; 12-24-2018 at 09:30 PM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I agree, especially with the bolded. And it's the big difference between DC and Marvel. DC has always treated Aquaman better than Marvel has treated Namor. In popular culture, Aquaman has been treated as joke and a punchline, because of Superfriends. But DC has always given him a place and when Geoff Johns took over, treated him as an A-List character, even if he wasn't bringing A-List sales. If Marvel would do that even by half, Namor would return their investment ten times.

I'm not so sure about Namor showing up in either of their movies. My comic book bias would favor FF, but then the Sue Storm stuff would rear up, and I could definitely skip that.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I agree, Aaron's writing is not good at all for Namor's character and really hope Namor doesn't show up too much in future Avengers (or even at all tbh)

The Fantastic Four might make a good intro if they have Doctor Doom, because the comparison between Namor and Doom's differences could be highlighted where Namor is really an anti hero who wants to do what it takes to protect his people and Doom is a outright villain whose focus is taking down the Four, an epic Doom vs Namor battle would be very sweet but I really won't care for any Sue/Namor stuff, I hope Marvel won't try to do that love triangle again.
    Yes, exactly. Unless they played it like it was in the early comics, where Sue was actually considering Namor over Reed, but let them both move on. I don't know about putting Namor and Doom in a FF film. Together, they would try to take over the movie! LOL!

Just wanted to share some Christmas holiday panels of Namor since it's tomorrow:

Attachment 75323

Attachment 75324

Attachment 75325

Merry Christmas! Thank you for posting these, and the FF one, ImperiusWrecked!

I love that Winter Soldier one, and obviously, the King of the Snowballers Throwers.

Yes, exactly. Unless they played it like it was in the early comics, where Sue was actually considering Namor over Reed, but let them both move on. I don't know about putting Namor and Doom in a FF film. Together, they would try to take over the movie! LOL!
    I would have no problem with them taking over the movie. lol, they are my favorite frenemies in Marvel!

I would have no problem with them taking over the movie. lol, they are my favorite frenemies in Marvel!
    Excellent point. ;p

But I do think the FF need to succeed, so we get many sequels and appearances.

I'm rereading the Invaders before the new series is released and just wanted to share a few panels along the way.
    This is a classic:

invaders1975 1.jpg

I'm rereading the Invaders before the new series is released and just wanted to share a few panels along the way.
    This is a classic:

invaders1975 1.jpg
    LOL! That's great. Of course, Namor has his own Instant Shower Seat. It's HIS flagship.

Of course, this reminds me of Namor's infamous Golden Age super power, that never gets used in the Silver Age ... His Personal Sprinkler System!

I was thinking of doing the same, reading the Invaders before the new series. The print copies are packed, but I do have the digital copies. Time, however ....
    Last edited by Reviresco; 12-26-2018 at 11:03 AM.

Ok, I want to respond but I don't want to seem confrontational which sometimes I can get since I am very passionate about this character so I'm going to make a small rant/bullet points about why T'challa and Namor need to stop being shoved together for the sake of them fighting. I do not mean to be harsh or disrespectful to you or your opinions but only want to state my own thoughts.

1. Namor and T'challa's first meeting was retconned so that a young T'challa met and fought Namor (in Rise of the Black Panther #3) instead of that first Invaders/Avengers meeting/fight from the 70's Invaders run.

2. Namor and T'challa have NEVER been on equal ground when it comes to fighting or attacks on the other's nation.

- The first time they 'went at it' was because Namor was possessed by the phoenix force, he hadn't iirc ever attacked Wakanda before, and the most the had with T'challa was a few misunderstanding fights, and they each had a healthy respect for each other that mainly had them ignoring the other unless they needed to work together, they weren't best buddies but they respected each other as monarchs. Namor even gave T'challa and Storm an island for their wedding/honeymoon gift. Later he welcomed them to Atlantis when they needed to speak where he revealed that he HAD once been in Wakanda and met T'challa's grandfather (Black Panther 2005 #21) but because of his multiple head wounds/amnesia had trouble remembering stuff.

- Phoenix Namor's attack on Wakanda was B.S. pure and simple, he had no reason to attack them if he wasn't under the phoenix power, they hadn't hurt Atlantis and Namor was manipulated by Emma who was also under the phoenix power. T'challa had no reason to side with the Avengers to hide Hope especially considering the long and well known stance of Wakanda not interfering with outsiders. The writers just wanted to have a big 'stake' for their comic and of course now it's the main thing Namor is remembered for and also the thing that has come back time and time again to hurt Namor's character and make it seem like he was a war mongering tyrant King. The whole phoenix five event was badly written imo especially for Namor's character. They just said, well that guy attacks the surface all the time so this is in character for him. The rest of the Five don't have to deal with this stuff even now meanwhile it's done nothing but make Namor T'challa's enemy.

- Shuri attacks Atlantis because of the destruction of Wakanda. Even though Namor tried to make peace, and she attacks them in WATER and supposedly has the power to overwhelm them and weaken Atlantis? Sorry, but they live in water they should have been at their full strength to fend them off even without Namor. This is another example of Marvel writers weakening Namor and Atlanteans just so that a surfacer can win.

- Namor then begs? on his knees? to save his people and lies??? By pointing Proxmia towards Wakanda to attack them in his stead? I'm sorry but this is B.S. too. Namor is so notorious for not begging or even thanking people properly, he would never do that in front of an enemy because that would show weakness, and Namor really doesn't lie, he is one of the most honest characters and it often gets him on the bad side of other characters since he is very frank with his opinions and thoughts but the most damning thing is that Namor is sending SOMEONE else to have his vengeance. That right there, I don't believe, because Namor wouldn't let anyone have what he considers his right/duty to war/fight for his people. He is always the first one to throw himself on the front lines for Atlantis and her people. Now don't get me wrong, there were many aspects of Hickman's run that I did like but he honestly didn't write classic Namor, he used Namor and sealed the characters fate to forever be Wakanda's and Black Panther's enemy.

3. The problem with Hickman's run is that it ends with everyone on earth who died being alive again/the reset the time to just before the first incursions which if that was true and time was altered to return to the beginning of that event then Namor would have never destroyed planets, and the S.S. wouldn't have had to kill Namor in their book, but you know I try not to look too much into how comic timelines work because its a mess but Hickman's ending didn't help Namor, only now it made Namor the Squadron Supreme's whipping boy. They also destroyed Atlantis and then Namor just forgives them when he is brought back to life? *sigh* I get very frustrated with that.

4. Namor is never given equal ground in T'challa's books ever. When he is shown or spoken of it's always about the attack and of course it would be since that is all the history they have and Namor is their enemy so he would never be shown in a good light for long. Even in Black Panther Annual (2018) #1 It's shown a future of Wakanda where (surprise surprise) Atlantis had been destroyed by who knows what this time and Namor seeking refuge for his people within Wakanda, later Namor watches T'challa have his own family and wants one of his own and then its decided to have a marriage between their people for future peace. While this whole thing is just an glimpse into one future, it irks me because it once more sets up the fact the Atlantis can't defend itself and Namor is treated as though he never wanted marriage or a family before because that is untrue, he has always wanted that. But it is a Black Panther comic and so seeing Atlantis having to rely on T'challa's good will instead of rebuilding themselves shows once more how I feel Namor is always on unequal footing.

Marvel keeps killing Atlantis and Atlanteans, and contrary to the belief that most people seem to have, Namor has never needed Tchalla as an enemy, he has so many other enemies and allies, however it seems that T'challa needing Namor as his most powerful rival is something everyone wants. As far as I am concerned, its done and over, let's move on, let's stop killing Atlantis, let's stop having Namor be the S.S. or B.P. enemy and please for the love of comics I really hope Namor is never made to be B.P. mcu villain because all that will do is fuel another 20 years of b.p. vs namor storylines instead of story lines about Atlantis and its people and Namor's own story and world building.
    I pretty much agree with the post. Both Namor and T'Challa have been poorly used by Marvel over the past decade plus.

Priest did their relationship right. They were not close friends but had a mutual respect for each other.

In order to tell a frakked up story 9AvX), both were written ooc(really, when has Namor ever expressed a desire to destroy Wakanda prior to AvX?) so that this lame story of hero vs hero could be unexplausibly(new word) told.

LOL! That's great. Of course, Namor has his own Instant Shower Seat. It's HIS flagship.

Of course, this reminds me of Namor's infamous Golden Age super power, that never gets used in the Silver Age ... His Personal Sprinkler System!

I was thinking of doing the same, reading the Invaders before the new series. The print copies are packed, but I do have the digital copies. Time, however ....
    LOL that sprinkler system!I keep remembering the silver age blow fish, some powers are better left in the past. haha

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I pretty much agree with the post. Both Namor and T'Challa have been poorly used by Marvel over the past decade plus.

Priest did their relationship right. They were not close friends but had a mutual respect for each other.

In order to tell a frakked up story 9AvX), both were written ooc(really, when has Namor ever expressed a desire to destroy Wakanda prior to AvX?) so that this lame story of hero vs hero could be unexplausibly(new word) told.
    I don't really know Black Panther's character extensively but I did feel like there were things that were off to me. Since I don't keep up with his comics I thought he was doing ok, but it wouldn't surprise me if his character is being badly used by Marvel. Still the few comics I did read seemed good, but really instead of pitting them against each other, they need to keep them in their own books and world/character building does wonders for drawing in new readers.

What would be a list of all of Namor's powers past or present included?

present:

- strength
    - flight
    - invulnerable skin
    - able to breath underwater or on land
    - bioelectrical senses (they brought this back)

past:

- sprinkler system
    - blowfish (edit: or was it pufferfish?)
    - that weird sight thing that he used to see the invisible girl with

I think there are more but I'm just not remembering right now?
    Last edited by ImperiusWrecked; 12-26-2018 at 07:38 PM.

What would be a list of all of Namor's powers past or present included?

present:

- strength
    - flight
    - invulnerable skin
    - able to breath underwater or on land
    - bioelectrical senses (they brought this back)

past:

- sprinkler system
    - blowfish (edit: or was it pufferfish?)
    - that weird sight thing that he used to see the invisible girl with

I think there are more but I'm just not remembering right now?
    Bioelectrical senses is what Namor used to see Sue Storm. They called it radar or sonar sense, IIRC. But it's echolocation.

He's had the ability to absorb and discharge electricity from the Golden Age to the Modern Age.

I'm not sure if you are filing this under invulnerable skin, but in the Torch mini, they said Namor was actually was fireproof.

He can also sense the oceans currents from long distances (as seen in Avengers Invaders). I think he can also sense water, as he manages to find it when on land and when needed.

Namor can swim fast enough to create whirlpools.

In Namor the First Mutant, they said he was the conduit of all Atlantean magic.

The blood of Namor / Atlantean royalty is a magical ingredient.

Namor is super fast.

Namor is unaffected by freezing cold.

Namor can see in near darkness.

Namor is a linguist. He is fluent in 10 - 15 languages.

Namor is empathetic / telepathic with ocean animals.

In the Golden Age, the Atlanteans, including Namor, were telepathic.

In the Golden Age, Namor was like Tony Stark. He could whip out flying jeeps, designed Atlantean fleets, etc.

The pufferfish power also stated that he could mimic ALL the ocean life, but it also stated he no longer had those powers.