Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 51
  1. #31
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MOOT View Post
    if they act like a disease a call them like a disease, but I understand your point. The thing is, I have no power or intent to screw up the hobbies of the SJWs. Gaming journalists that are sjw have done some awful things like :

    give near perfect reviews to average games, not for the game mechanics, presentation or plot, but because of certain political views in said games.

    Gaming sites have censor the comments and blocked people when they asked about the allegations of corruption.

    On agust 28, more that 10 gaming websites launched a obviously coordinated flood of articles about how "gamers are over" and "gamers are dead"
    Name the games that got good reviews because of politics.

    The "Gamers Are Dead" article being mentioned on other sites wasn't coordinated. When one site has an interesting piece of news or essay all the other sites cover and copy it, it's the incestuous nature of games journalism.

    Ranting about SJWs is going to do nothing to convince people this isn't another lame MRA-type thing. Because it is, anyway.

    Seriously, a lot of people need to get off the internet and go talk to a girl.

  2. #32
    Veteran Member Double 0's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MOOT View Post
    give near perfect reviews to average games, not for the game mechanics, presentation or plot, but because of certain political views in said games.
    Proof? Also, I'm not seeing the problem here. So they have different priorities as to what makes a game great. So what? If you feel their integrity is under question, then put your trust in reviews that lean more towards your priorities. This isn't different than any other entertainment media.

    Gaming sites have censor the comments and blocked people when they asked about the allegations of corruption.
    They own the site, they can choose what they want censored. If you feel that their credibility is to be questioned, then do so. But do it in their site, and they can delete posts or remove posters.

    CBR has the same rules. Most forums do.

    On agust 28, more that 10 gaming websites launched a obviously coordinated flood of articles about how "gamers are over" and "gamers are dead"
    For the stigma attached to the name, I say they can go ahead and say just that. It doesn't change my gaming habits. Doesn't change who I discuss games with. And if the goal is to make gaming an inclusive hobby that anyone can get into, then more power to them.

  3. #33
    Were You There? Michael P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Location, Location!
    Posts
    2,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    The "Gamers Are Dead" article being mentioned on other sites wasn't coordinated. When one site has an interesting piece of news or essay all the other sites cover and copy it, it's the incestuous nature of games journalism.
    Hell, it's the incestuous nature of online journalism, period. No easier way to meet your post quota for the day than linkblogging.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

    "If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

    "You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind


    All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

  4. #34
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,490

    Default

    In reference to that article about "Gamer" being dead, I think Gamergate proves it. I've played video games for 32 years, but if the Gamergate guys are gamers then I'm not one. No one outside of their small woman-hating circle would want to share a label with them.

  5. #35
    Were You There? Michael P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Location, Location!
    Posts
    2,967

    Default

    Seriously. If that's what a gamer is, then let it die. Nothing of value will be lost.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

    "If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

    "You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind


    All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

  6. #36
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    Seriously. If that's what a gamer is, then let it die. Nothing of value will be lost.

  7. #37
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    In reference to that article about "Gamer" being dead, I think Gamergate proves it. I've played video games for 32 years, but if the Gamergate guys are gamers then I'm not one. No one outside of their small woman-hating circle would want to share a label with them.
    Yeah pretty much. I mean I've always thought the whole "gamer" identity was weird, because I've never considered myself to be the sum of my hobbies (like I don't even consider myself to be a "comic book reader" anymore than I'm a film watcher or book reader), but in this case specifically, this "bro gamer" crowd essentially took a hobby of mine and made it boring with their bullshit sense of entitlement and misogyny.

  8. #38
    Tin Man MikeP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,034

    Default

    *sigh* I've been keeping out of the entire Gamergate mess. Nothing good is coming from it, on either side. So I really have no opinion on it.
    Life is but a dream

  9. #39
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    everywhere
    Posts
    1,989

    Default

    adam baldwin...now there's an endorsement for rationality...lol

  10. #40
    Senior Member dahllaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MOOT View Post
    give near perfect reviews to average games, not for the game mechanics, presentation or plot, but because of certain political views in said games.
    Because game reviews are totally not subjective. There's only one way to score a game and it has nothing to do with what a person likes, dislikes, or finds important in a game! /sarcasm

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    Ranting about SJWs is going to do nothing to convince people this isn't another lame MRA-type thing. Because it is, anyway.

    Seriously, a lot of people need to get off the internet and go talk to a girl.
    Gah! Please don't send those dudes our way. Every woman is different, but I feel safe in saying that most of us would like to talk with people who view us as people, not real life fleshlights or a cancer on society.

  11. #41
    Were You There? Michael P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Location, Location!
    Posts
    2,967

    Default

    Maybe you could make up some kind of dummy that looked like a girl, and they could talk to it. Sort of like how the road runner would trick the coyote into making out with his own deathtrap.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

    "If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

    "You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind


    All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

  12. #42
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    If anything, comics already had their own version of #GamerGate. That's the reason why there's such a white straight male majority in terms of creators and formerly of consumers as well.
    .
    And why the forums were rebooted.

    I mean yeah, comics and gaming culture are similar in all the wrong ways. Going back to my earlier post in this thread, I think when you label an identity around a hobby, which seems to be the case in both comics and games, it's done to exclude other people and other influences, which makes this really messed up, insular, and ignorant community.

  13. #43
    It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Millennium City MI/Kalamazoo MI
    Posts
    4,316

    Default

    Heh, very amusing thread.

    "Come join our pocket of deluded insularity!"

    "No."
    "Bleh."
    "Ew, get out of here with that nonsense!"

    So...**sniffle**...proud.
    'Dox out.

    "Itís cold and itís mean-spirited and I donít like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

    "Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

    "And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega


    The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

  14. #44
    Chad Jar Jar Pinsir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Naboo
    Posts
    4,363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MOOT View Post
    if they act like a disease a call them like a disease, but I understand your point. The thing is, I have no power or intent to screw up the hobbies of the SJWs. Gaming journalists that are sjw have done some awful things like :
    Okay, most journalism nowadays is shit, lets try to apply this to comics.

    give near perfect reviews to average games, not for the game mechanics, presentation or plot, but because of certain political views in said games.
    This doesn't seem to be happening in comics and if it was, no one would care.

    Gaming sites have censor the comments and blocked people when they asked about the allegations of corruption.
    Again this appears not to be happening here or in some other comic website. IGN comic reviews are probably the most honest critics on the site. They regularly give big event titles poor reviews.

    On agust 28, more that 10 gaming websites launched a obviously coordinated flood of articles about how "gamers are over" and "gamers are dead"
    Again, I really do not see a parallel here.

    Still I am not sure what you want, Marvel comics is basically Tumblr in comic form. Its movies are loved there (despite being cis white power fantasies!) and comic wise Marvel is all about diversity now. Here we have the merging SJW ideology and the medium itself to such a degree unfound in the video game world.
    Want to read Wonder Woman stories, but don't know where to start? Check out my top 10 lists for Golden Age, Silver Age, Bronze Age and Modern Age Wonder Woman tales!

  15. #45
    Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MOOT View Post
    if they act like a disease a call them like a disease, but I understand your point. The thing is, I have no power or intent to screw up the hobbies of the SJWs. Gaming journalists that are sjw have done some awful things like :

    give near perfect reviews to average games, not for the game mechanics, presentation or plot, but because of certain political views in said games.

    Gaming sites have censor the comments and blocked people when they asked about the allegations of corruption.

    On agust 28, more that 10 gaming websites launched a obviously coordinated flood of articles about how "gamers are over" and "gamers are dead"
    Gosh, that does sound awful.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •