Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    I like the helmet. And Jamie McKelvie thought it was a good idea, and he's probably got the best fashion sense of all comic artists. I seriously want him to be the one who designs all costumes from now on. And it's not just because of Captain Marvel's uniform, either - the guy's just got a fantastic design sense.
    The faux-hawk was actually Quesada's contribution to the design... it was his idea to try and invoke the fin on the kree helmets with her hair.

Extraordinary Member

They should have gone bigger for this.

That way C.C. and Brian Reed both could have gotten to do a featurette for this since they wrote her last 2 series.

Yeah, I would have liked at least a Claremont five page backup or something.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    Woo hoo!

Though in all seriousness, you could argue that Captain Marvel #10 is her 104th. The Brian Reed series had it's "Giant Size Ms. Marvel" intro issue, plus an annual, plus two one-shots that looks like they aren't being included in the math. I guess it's 100 numbered issues, not counting miscellany.

... but anyway, it's an awesome milestone for any character to hit, regardless of the nitty gritty math details. Yay Carol!
    I know it isn't named as such, but you could argue that the Ms. Marvel bits from Marvel Superheroes 10-11 are essentially Ms. Marvel 24-25 as well. This is always the problem with adopting original numbering after a certain amount of time, you get into arguments over what counts.

Congrats to Carol! No matter how you got there, you got there. Hoping you get another 100 then another.

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Marvel math - it makes sense only to Marvel!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckler View Post
    Wow Carol, only took you 4 cancellations! Congrats, everyone clearly loves you! Hopefully you play with your cat some more in this spectacular anniversary issue! Maybe you'll knit Chewie a commemorative sweater even!
    It was only 3 cancellations, once her current run gets cancelled it will be 4.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    The faux-hawk was actually Quesada's contribution to the design... it was his idea to try and invoke the fin on the kree helmets with her hair.
    Ah. Right. I totally forgot that.

I still like it. And I still think all costume designs should be done by Jamie McKelvie.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochedalaix View Post
    It was only 3 cancellations, once her current run gets cancelled it will be 4.
    I wouldn't count her previous series as a cancellation, it was just relaunched. So really, it's only two cancellations.

I think this is neat It's not like any comic at Marvel these days gets to 100 consecutive, and Marvel is shameless with renumbering for basically all their characters, so why not Carol?