Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    You don't have to do a direct frame by frame adaptation.

You can play with how Mephisto looks. He
    Is the devil not Galactus

The important beats like
    The Dora's
    Achebe
    Ross
    Being bulletproof and walking up walls have been low budget for decades now.

That being said. I want movie BP and not Netflix BP. I want big screen Kirby-Romita BP and low budget Francavilla Luke Charles BP
    For a long time rule one of monster movies was: avoid showing the monster as long as possible. The Universal films were a weird exception to this.

Put Mephisto on Netflix and you will never actually see him.

All you'd get is dark lighting, lens effects and Tony Todd's voice or somebody like that.

Think how much the Exorcist movies managed to scare people by doing very little effects wise.

Once you show a giant red dude in a loincloth onscreen he ceases to be scary/impressive no matter what eles you try to do with the makeup or effects.

Which is kind of the problem with Marvel's more monsterous villains. There's only so much you can do with a Kurse.

Marvel cant allot 15+ minutes of screen time to Kurse ripping peeps in half onscreen to solidify his scary rep. Not in a pg13 movie.

Besides, Marvel movies need to use that screen time to develop the love interest or the comical sidekick or both.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    The mini origin story in CW definitely makes it so time isn't spent showing how they got their power. Especially how many villains are showing up. I hope 1 or more doesn't become Canon fodder but that's a very real possibility. We will see
    I think there is a good possibility that mbaku is the "intro to movie action set" villain. Similar to crossbones, giant stone guy in thor 2, jotunheim monster, strucker in aou, ect

Marvel likes to start there non "how he got his powers and training" movies like that

Mbaku is leading a rebellion in the jabari lands and tchalla, nskia, and okeye show up and smash it down with a mini boss fight between bp and man ape.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I think there is a good possibility that mbaku is the "intro to movie action set" villain. Similar to crossbones, giant stone guy in thor 2, jotunheim monster, strucker in aou, ect

Marvel likes to start there non "how he got his powers and training" movies like that

Mbaku is leading a rebellion in the jabari lands and tchalla, nskia, and okeye show up and smash it down with a mini boss fight between bp and man ape.
    Unfortuantely, I would have to agree that M'Baku being reduced to the role Cross Bones got is probably the most logical way of juggling 3 villains.

That's sort of a shame given the backstory M'Baku and T'Challa had as former best friends. But in a 2 hour movie with multiple villains, some short cuts need to be made I suppose.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Unfortuantely, I would have to agree that M'Baku being reduced to the role Cross Bones got is probably the most logical way of juggling 3 villains.

That's sort of a shame given the backstory M'Baku and T'Challa had as former best friends. But in a 2 hour movie with multiple villains, some short cuts need to be made I suppose.
    I've said this before: You make him a sequel villain, have him in jail for an abortive attempt to overthrow the royal family and play on their friendship in some scenes.

The mini origin story in CW definitely makes it so time isn't spent showing how they got their power. Especially how many villains are showing up. I hope 1 or more doesn't become Canon fodder but that's a very real possibility. We will see
    Bewteen the 3 of them (erik, mbaku, klaw) one or two can have limited roles as long as they dont die. Batroc/GSP had the chance of returning but the Civil War creative decision probably nixed that.. so he's just an unresolved plot point. Without CW, Crossbones prob isnt killed off as a plot device either. These bp villains dont have such backstage issues hanging over there head, so it can be a more organic set up and follow through.

That wouldnt protect them from future sequels, esp if they decide an ensemble avengers/illuminati cast for the 3rd bp movie is ideal, but they should be fine for this first film and sequel

Quote Originally Posted by MrHashasheen View Post
    I've said this before: You make him a sequel villain, have him in jail for an abortive attempt to overthrow the royal family and play on their friendship in some scenes.
    That would work. I'd throw in another villain as well. Maybe Achebe behind the scenes manipulating M'Baku.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHashasheen View Post
    Basically, crossbone him but instead of blowing up he goes to prison.

Gives the option of using him again if tgey want

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    For a long time rule one of monster movies was: avoid showing the monster as long as possible. The Universal films were a weird exception to this.

All you'd get is dark lighting, lens effects and Tony Todd's voice or somebody like that.

Think how much the Exorcist movies managed to scare people by doing very little effects wise.

Once you show a giant red dude in a loincloth onscreen he ceases to be scary/impressive no matter what eles you try to do with the makeup or effects.

Which is kind of the problem with Marvel's more monsterous villains. There's only so much you can do with a Kurse.

Marvel cant allot 15+ minutes of screen time to Kurse ripping peeps in half onscreen to solidify his scary rep. Not in a pg13 movie.

Besides, Marvel movies need to use that screen time to develop the love interest or the comical sidekick or both.
    Im insanely curious what tge do with Surtur.

I have a feeling he will be nothing but a "monster hela unleashes" towards end of movie though.

Kurse got insta cred for back handing mjolnir lol

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post

You could also play off Memphis to as a good liking charming guy in a suit. It's not uncommon to play off the devil as a human looking guy in disguise, that maybe only reveals his true self at the end.

As far as more monstrous villains are concerned, I think the way they handled the Destroyer in Thor is about right.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Im insanely curious what tge do with Surtur.

I have a feeling he will be nothing but a "monster hela unleashes" towards end of movie though.

Kurse got insta cred for back handing mjolnir lol
    Remember the flame demon Balrog from Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring? That's basically Surtur.

Attachment 41100

Really only Liss stories would fit in Netflix. Or How the fan made Black Panther vid on YouTube was done. But the suit Would have to be downplayed, it could work, it just wouldn't be the Microweave but whatever he wore on in Hell's kitchen. A T'Challa meets daredevil could be fun though
    Shockingly, Don Mac's Panther would do well on Netflix. Lot's of talking, moody and less on the budget. Show the Tech Jungle one time and that's it.
    Last edited by Marvell2100; 10-23-2016 at 02:26 PM.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Most of his runs, yes, but obviously not the Dinosaurs

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Most of his runs, yes, but obviously not the Dinosaurs
    One T-Rex. Just one.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    One T-Rex. Just one.
    Maybe you can get the Toronto Raptors mascot to do it

Phoenix Suns mascot for MBaku

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Honestly, I do think Priest's run could work on a TV budget. Maybe not the way Netflix spends their budget, but absolutely Agents of SHIELD.