Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If you're strong enough to beat T'Challa you're probably a super villain ... ie someone you don't want sitting on the throne. Which essentially is the big problem with the system right now.

It's rigged, but it basically needs to be.
    One author said it is.

One author said it isn't.

Killmonger is literally the one and only example or hint that the herb is poisonous. I don't know if he is a reliable narrator here.

Unless of course you think Uncle S'yan really hated Storm and wanted to poison her when he had the chance....
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

If you're strong enough to beat T'Challa you're probably a super villain ... ie someone you don't want sitting on the throne. Which essentially is the big problem with the system right now.

It's rigged, but it basically needs to be.
    You don't have to be super-villain to be strong enough to beat T'Challa. That notion is ridiculous.

But you can be an overt racist and a sexual predator and still get elected president.

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    They were still other black heroes taking up panel space in a Black Panther centric comic. It's doesn't really matter to whether they were actually in Wakanda. The points I've seen raised here in this thread shows that people are ignoring clear patterns that Coates is following that have been laid by previous writers. People are ignoring the things that Priest and Hudlin did that directly inform Coates' work. The idea that he is ignoring canon by dismissing established history is a complete and total lie. I just called out multiple points that were left by both Priest and Hudlin and picked up by Coates. Just because you don't like what he did with those plotlines, doesn't mean they weren't there to begin with. Its time to start being objective.
    Lol you said that Priest and Hudlin had other Black heroes come to unifyto defend Wakanda and now your changing your story to they showed up in a Black panther comic.. Uhh duh? No one said anything about other heroes not showing up in Wakanda. At least make sure your staying consistent with your argument. Never has Tchalla invited a group of Black heroes to defend Wakanda.. until Coates did in an underwhelming fashion. Even then no one would of had an issue had the threat actually been legitimate and, you know, they actually threw the Villains out rather then them escaping.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    One author said it is.

One author said it isn't.

Killmonger is literally the one and only example or hint that the herb is poisonous. I don't know if he is a reliable narrator here.

Unless of course you think Uncle S'yan really hated Storm and wanted to poison her when he had the chance....
    I like to think Killmonger stood before Bast and he said Erik was unworthy. But that is just my fan fiction.

BANNED

She wasn't invited. T'challa at no point invited another black hero to defend Wakanda.

Which story T'challa BRING IN Storm to help DEFEND WAKANDA?

This is what you said:

You keep telling people to "be objective" where here is your chance. Which issues and stories under Hudlin's pen did T'challing bring in Storm to defend Wakanda?
    See Wakanda and die comes to mind first.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    The challenge can be made once a year but there is no longer an herb involved.

And as we've seen, elections can be rigged and one elected moron can do a lot of damage in just a single year.
    As I said, no government is perfect.

But even taking that into account, I'll wager mist would prefer that to battling a meta human and taking a poisonous herb if you win.

And how do we know the herb is no longer involved? Last time we saw T'Challa lose the challenge was with Killmonger, who took the herb. Prior to that was T'Challa who also took the herb.

Fell for the trap card. Not written by Hudlin.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I like to think Killmonger stood before Bast and he said Erik was unworthy. But that is just my fan fiction.
    Hey, we have something in common...

http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...-is-toxic.html

Quote Originally Posted by MoS Blog
    Bast judged Killmonger unworthy of the title

- This is my personal favorite theory and likely the best fit.

We know the Panther powers have some component of the Panther God/Bast involved since way back in Gillis's mini series. This got adapted further by Hudlin and then even more by Hickman.

The HSH doesn't directly give you the powers, but Bast does. The HSH "connects" you to Bast, and you are then judged. Wakanda lore states that those who are unworthy are destroyed, but we saw Shuri deemed unworthy and lived. And, Bast works in mysterious ways and is never, ever straightforward. Whether its sparing Shuri, or seeing the future and doing nothing about it, or letting Doom take all the vibranium... Bast is a fickle, irritating God.

It is also important to note that Priest outright said that the HSH connects you to the Panther God. So even in Priest's continuity, the connection is that.

So, Killmonger was brought before Bast or had his spirit connected to Bast, Bast saw nothing by evil and vanity, deemed him unworthy of the Black Panther title, and put him in a coma. She didn't outright kill him as that would have permanently put an asterisk on T'challa's Black Panther career, her favored son.

The only flaw to this theory is that it wasn't shown on panel. Otherwise, it checks all the boxes, fits with the current mythos established by Hudlin, Mayberry, and Hickman. and makes the Killmonger mess as neat and tidy as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Fell for the trap card. Not written by Hudlin.

Written by Jason Aaron, not Hudlin
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 05-20-2018 at 02:55 PM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

When Storm was married to Tchalla and lived in Wakanda? The story where everyone living in Wakanda was called to arms to defend their homes? I don't recall anywhere in Hudlins run after the marriage that Storm was living anywhere other then Wakanda plus Hudlin didn't write it anyways.. this is a very weak argument

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    You don't have to be super-villain to be strong enough to beat T'Challa. That notion is ridiculous.

But you can be an overt racist and a sexual predator and still get elected president.
    Which Wakandans beside Killmonger and M'Baku can beat T'Challa in hand to hand combat? Probably his vibrmranium half brother who is also a super villain.

Maybe Shuri can eith her Griot powers now that I think about it.

But as far as president goes again ... in 4 years vote for someone else. In 8 he's gone no matter what. Bad presidents illustrate the strength of our system just as much as it illustrates the weak points.
    Last edited by XPac; 05-20-2018 at 02:57 PM.

As I said, no government is perfect.

But even taking that into account, I'll wager mist would prefer that to battling a meta human and taking a poisonous herb if you win.

And how do we know the herb is no longer involved? Last time we saw T'Challa lose the challenge was with Killmonger, who took the herb. Prior to that was T'Challa who also took the herb.
    No gov't is perfect but we are specifically talking about Wakanda and how it's monarchy has worked and been beneficial to Wakanda.

As far as the herb goes, you must be referring to MCU Panther because we haven't seen the heart-shaped herb for some time in the MU nor was their any mention of it.

And even in the MCU, the herb is pretty much destroyed.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    The resurrection chamber?

I don't see how that applies, as the Originators aren't treated as alien, and demonstrate no technological ability, in the flashbacks or the arc itself
    Well, they're treated as otherworldly. There's nothing in Priest's story that indicates they would have brought technology with them.

You mean the one page talk from the Lemurian dude talks about being there well before any human could stand upright? Or am I forgetting something more substantial?
    My recollection is that Ross talks about how the portal that allowed aliens to come to Wakanda likely predated the arrival of humans. That's the part I was talking about.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Well, they're treated as otherworldly. There's nothing in Priest's story that indicates they would have brought technology with them.

My recollection is that Ross talks about how the portal that allowed aliens to come to Wakanda likely predated the arrival of humans. That's the part I was talking about.
    Can you reference? So that way we are all seeing the full context?

Which Wakandans beside Killmonger and M'Baku can beat T'Challa in hand to hand combat? Probably his vibrmranium half brother who is also a super villain.

Maybe Shuri can eith her Griot powers now that I think about it.
    Well since no other Wakandans have challenged T'Challa that we know of, we'll never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    When Storm was married to Tchalla and lived in Wakanda? The story where everyone living in Wakanda was called to arms to defend their homes? I don't recall anywhere in Hudlins run after the marriage that Storm was living anywhere other then Wakanda plus Hudlin didn't write it anyways.. this is a very weak argument
    That's true. Storm wouldn't be considered a black hero from outside of Wakanda since she was married to T'Challa and living in Wakanda. That's pretty obvious.