Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Hey, we have something in common...

http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...-is-toxic.html

Written by Jason Aaron, not Hudlin
    Cool, I also have an fan fiction where that wasn't really Bast in Doomwar. It was a virtual intelligence meant to scare an confuse an intruder. Doom being competent scientists was able to figure it out.

The reveal of this would come during Secret Invasion. Black Ant and Taskmaster break into the vault to get the cube shard. TM says he knows this because he read it in Dooms files. Lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Lol you said that Priest and Hudlin had other Black heroes come to unifyto defend Wakanda and now your changing your story to they showed up in a Black panther comic.. Uhh duh? No one said anything about other heroes not showing up in Wakanda. At least make sure your staying consistent with your argument. Never has Tchalla invited a group of Black heroes to defend Wakanda.. until Coates did in an underwhelming fashion. Even then no one would of had an issue had the threat actually been legitimate and, you know, they actually threw the Villains out rather then them escaping.
    I never said Priest brought in other black heroes to save Wakanda. I never even said Hudlin did. Again I'm drawing parallels between things laid out by Hudlin and Priest that Coates picked up on. One of the many gripes that rightfully get thrown around is the idea of other heroes taking up valuable panel space in T'Challa's book. Hudlin is guilty of this so throwing that at Coates' as something wholly original to him is false. Throwing around the gripe that idea Wakanda settling on someone else's land is not something wholly original to Coates. Focusing on building T'Challa's supporting cast and making then into well fleshed characters within their own right is not something wholly original to Coates. These are the objective truths I'm talking about when these points of reference are omitted, it feels a lot like blatant misrepresentation of the facts at hand. That's my point. We're not discussing who did these things better and balanced it out more. That's all subjective. The objective truth is these things happened and anyone willing to read the issues in question will tell you you're not being objective. I'm not telling you not to feel your feelings. I'm asking you to look at the facts that I've presented and give my an honest answer. Why is Coates constantly said to ignore canon when his work is heavily based in it. Even right down to the X-men analogy with Priest having Storm compare BP to Magneto. You really don't see the connections I'm pointing out? Again, I'm not asking you how you FEEL about these points. I'm asking if you van be honest with yourself as to whether these things are there or not?

Can you reference? So that way we are all seeing the full context?
    I think he is referring to Black Panther, vol 3, #25. The issue Nikki died and Ross takes her to the ressurrection altar where their are aliens everywhere and then they get transported to some alien planet.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Can you reference? So that way we are all seeing the full context?
    Got it for you. I think these are the two being discussed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Fell for the trap card. Not written by Hudlin.
    Lolol I'll give you that. I'll have to reread all of Hudlin's run. The point still remains I never explicitly said Hudlin brought other heroes to Wakanda to save it. I acknowledged that Coates did. I did say that Coates picked up on the plot thread of brining in other heroes period. The fact remains that every issue after the marriage could be seen as Hudlin bringing in another her to share panel space and taking room away from T'Challa. That happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    No gov't is perfect but we are specifically talking about Wakanda and how it's monarchy has worked and been beneficial to Wakanda.

As far as the herb goes, you must be referring to MCU Panther because we haven't seen the heart-shaped herb for some time in the MU nor was their any mention of it.

And even in the MCU, the herb is pretty much destroyed.

The reason Wakanda and pretty much every other true monarchy has could is because unhappy people can't vote out existing government.

And that aside even if someone was happy with government, is it THAT hard to believe some still wouldn't want a say in government? That's just human nature.

As far as the herb.... I'm talking about the last challenge we saw where do done won and took the herb. Priests run with Erik. We haven't seen a successful challenge since, so I'm bot sure how you can conclude it's no longer involves in the challenge.

I'll say this though ...mcu shows why rigging the contest is a food idea.
    Last edited by XPac; 05-20-2018 at 03:17 PM.

Damnit, you beat me.

But, in reading that real quick, I remembered this panel...

Man, Priest could write.

As much as Priest wrote calm and collected, 10 steps ahead T'challa... he brought in emotion when it was warranted and it hit HARD in my opinion.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    I never said Priest brought in other black heroes to save Wakanda. I never even said Hudlin did. Again I'm drawing parallels between things laid out by Hudlin and Priest that Coates picked up on. One of the many gripes that rightfully get thrown around is the idea of other heroes taking up valuable panel space in T'Challa's book. Hudlin is guilty of this so throwing that at Coates' as something wholly original to him is false. Throwing around the gripe that idea Wakanda settling on someone else's land is not something wholly original to Coates. Focusing on building T'Challa's supporting cast and making then into well fleshed characters within their own right is not something wholly original to Coates. These are the objective truths I'm talking about when these points of reference are omitted, it feels a lot like blatant misrepresentation of the facts at hand. That's my point. We're not discussing who did these things better and balanced it out more. That's all subjective. The objective truth is these things happened and anyone willing to read the issues in question will tell you you're not being objective. I'm not telling you not to feel your feelings. I'm asking you to look at the facts that I've presented and give my an honest answer. Why is Coates constantly said to ignore canon when his work is heavily based in it. Even right down to the X-men analogy with Priest having Storm compare BP to Magneto. You really don't see the connections I'm pointing out? Again, I'm not asking you how you FEEL about these points. I'm asking if you van be honest with yourself as to whether these things are there or not?
    Neither Priest or Hudlin said they "took" the land from someone else. As in physically removing them from it. I complain that Coates makes BP a secondary character in favor of the MA and Shuri for season one. Then does multiple issues with him only appearing on one page in season two.

Priest will try to convince you that Ross is the start of his book, but I don't think anyone believes him. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The reason Wakanda and pretty much every other true monarchy has could is because unhappy people can't vote out existing government.

And that aside even if someone was happy with government, is it THAT hard to believe some still wouldn't want a say in government? That's just human nature.

As far as the herb.... I'm talking about the last challenge we saw where do done won and took the herb. Priests run with Erik. We haven't seen a successful challenge since, so I'm bot sure how you can conclude it's no longer involves in the challenge.
    Or the reason is that the majority of the people of Wakanda are quite happy with their government.

And we've seen in Wakanda that most tribes do keep their own traditional identities so it's not as though they are forced to believe in Bast or give up their tribal identity.

Can you prove that the herb is still a vital part of the challenge?

BANNED

Neither Priest or Hudlin said they "took" the land from someone else. As in physically removing them from it. I complain that Coates makes BP a secondary character in favor of the MA and Shuri for season one. Then does multiple issues with him only appearing on one page in season two.

Priest will try to convince you that Ross is the start of his book, but I don't think anyone believes him. Lol.
    I'm curious. How do you suppose that Lumarians had a thriving culture long before Wakanda was in fact Wakanda, but somehow T'Challa rules the land and humans have taken over the planet?

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    I'm curious. How do you suppose that Lumarians had a thriving culture long before Wakanda was in fact Wakanda, but somehow T'Challa rules the land and humans have taken over the planet?
    The Celestials. See Beware of Geeks timeline a few pages back.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Damnit, you beat me.

But, in reading that real quick, I remembered this panel...

Man, Priest could write.

As much as Priest wrote calm and collected, 10 steps ahead T'challa... he brought in emotion when it was warranted and it hit HARD in my opinion.
    But some would have you believe that Priest didn't write a humanized T'Challa.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Thanks. I appreciate you saving me from having to look up the specific issue and panels again.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Or the reason is that the majority of the people of Wakanda are quite happy with their government.

And we've seen in Wakanda that most tribes do keep their own traditional identities so it's not as though they are forced to believe in Bast or give up their tribal identity.

Can you prove that the herb is still a vital part of the challenge?

And I'm sure most are happy with T'Challa. But again, even those who are might also want the right to vote for their leadership and have a say in government. That's the aspect of it you are overlooking. What rationale person wouldn't?

BANNED

Yes, exactly this. Thanks a bunch. Clearly those are some heavy implications. And they open the door Coates' story. It's just so funny that Storm is around in this issue too helping T'Challa to protect all of the citizens of Wakanda. And I still maintain that this story has many of the elements required for the proper foundation of s2. I understand that most don't like it. But to dismiss it as completely meaningless in the grand scheme is a bit delusional.