Page 28 of 5186 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238781285281028 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Timeismoney View Post
    You see the different in which Jason wrote BP in OS, compared to when he was apart of the x office WATXM. Just Saying.
    I think a tighter editorial reign does wonders. From the X-issues I (John Byrned) read i don't think anyone knew what to do with Storm..post-marriage except to drive home the message it was somehow T'challa's fault for its collapse.

And what a detriment to both characters.

Instead of having them split amicably they literally fought for no reason. It made both characters look bad. Storm fought for a divorce but not for the thousands of Wakandans that drowned or were eaten by Namor's giant sea creatures.

Did she ever confront Namor? But that is water under the bridge (pun intended) Im ready to move on..maybe the whole marriage thing will vanish like Teenage Tony Stark.
    Last edited by ExcelsiorPrime; 05-10-2014 at 04:12 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Timeismoney View Post
    You see the different in which Jason wrote BP in OS, compared to when he was apart of the x office WATXM. Just Saying.
    I think the difference is pretty much clear but at the end of the day, Aaron didn't have to chump T'Challa out during and post AvX.

And then go on to possibly sneak sly messages into OS #1.....(read the exchange between Thor and Iron Man)

I actually found it quite amusing.

BANNED

Panther has taken care of Kraven trolls before...so no harm no foul.

Last edited by ExcelsiorPrime; 05-10-2014 at 05:43 PM.

Quick mod check: I know images are important in sharing appreciation for characters and to make observations. However, to keep load times speedy, I request that you please limit image sizes where possible. (For example, a cover image probably doesn't need to be big in order for people to see it/remember it/understand it; a page where you're trying to showcase dialogue would likely need to be larger than a cover.)

Thank you.

Fantastic Member

Well I have not read any black panther in years but I still have in my collection Jungle Action 1 - 24 were he appears in issue 5 -24 and Black Panther 1 to 15 were Kirby used to draw . They were not to bad .

Quote Originally Posted by John Keyt View Post
    Well I have not read any black panther in years but I still have in my collection Jungle Action 1 - 24 were he appears in issue 5 -24 and Black Panther 1 to 15 were Kirby used to draw . They were not to bad .
    Try to read the runs by Priest, Hudlin and Liss if you can. And welcome to the thread.

Is the Black Panther 2099 one shot by Kirkman any good?

I saw it at my LCS today.

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    I think a tighter editorial reign does wonders. From the X-issues I (John Byrned) read i don't think anyone knew what to do with Storm..post-marriage except to drive home the message it was somehow T'challa's fault for its collapse.

And what a detriment to both characters.

Instead of having them split amicably they literally fought for no reason. It made both characters look bad. Storm fought for a divorce but not for the thousands of Wakandans that drowned or were eaten by Namor's giant sea creatures.

Did she ever confront Namor? But that is water under the bridge (pun intended) Im ready to move on..maybe the whole marriage thing will vanish like Teenage Tony Stark.
    I hope it vanishes too. I actually hope it never gets brought up again like it hasn't been mentioned once in NA which I like.
    Last edited by UltimateTy; 05-10-2014 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post

I hope it vanishes too. I actually hope it never gets brought up again like it hasn't been mentioned once in NA which I like.
    spoilers:
    It's not T'Challa and the guy who is is a puppet
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphan View Post
    I'd rather have Magneto.

Magneto > Scott, who imo could fit, but doesn't bring much to the table at this point. He's not a genius, his tactics and stuff are not really needed and he's not the leader of mutant kind, so he lacks the influence there.

Magneto is a genius, he would fit right in.
    Oh yeah me too. I've said it before, Magneto fits PERFECTLY.

And I think having a villain (even if he is somewhat reformed) on the team would be excellent. Magneto I think would be much quicker with the "blow up planet" trigger than the others.

Hickman asked for Magneto correct? And was blocked by Bendis (who si barely using the character)??

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    Daredevil/Black Panther fist bump! Speaking of which would you guys read a Daredevil /Black Panther team up limited series by Mark Waid? I know I would.

(edit:mod check, gif removed to honor mod bandwidth limit requests when appropriate )

its marvels original sin that they haven't yet.

i smell stories of vengeance and justice… after this incursion and banned from wakanda business is cleared up panther is going to be looking for some light hearted adventure

im picturing a big mcduffie fantastic four type story with DD instead of storm… but those liss/francavilla kinda has me thinking panther patrolling san fran for a weekend could be fun
    Last edited by FriendRoss; 05-11-2014 at 06:02 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    Quick mod check: I know images are important in sharing appreciation for characters and to make observations. However, to keep load times speedy, I request that you please limit image sizes where possible. (For example, a cover image probably doesn't need to be big in order for people to see it/remember it/understand it; a page where you're trying to showcase dialogue would likely need to be larger than a cover.)

Thank you.
    okay. Will this have any bearing on the CBR Age of Marvels solicit page?

Those are image heavy and I wouldn't want to beak any new limits.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Hickman asked for Magneto correct? And was blocked by Bendis (who si barely using the character)??
    Bendis actually used Magneto a lot in Uncanny X-men, dedicating several issues to him (the last one directly led him on the path to his solo series). Magneto was vital to the series, and a big part of its formation, linked to S.H.I.E.L.D.'s entire involvement, Mystique in Madripoor, etc. You should read Uncanny X-men, it's fantastic; and Magneto is bad-ass in it.

Quote Originally Posted by FriendRoss View Post
    its marvels original sin that they haven't yet.

i smell stories of vengeance and justice… after this incursion and banned from wakanda business is cleared up panther is going to be looking for some light hearted adventure

im picturing a big mcduffie fantastic four type story with DD instead of storm… but those liss/francavilla kinda has me thinking panther patrolling san fran for a weekend could be fun
    It is kind of ridiculous BP hasn't appeared in any of DD's issues.

BP did do him a favor by looking over Hell's Kitchen.

The connection has been established. Does Waid just not care for the character maybe?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post

It has fun moments but it ends spoilers:
    worse than Doomwar, in my opinion.
    end of spoilers

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Oh yeah me too. I've said it before, Magneto fits PERFECTLY.

And I think having a villain (even if he is somewhat reformed) on the team would be excellent. Magneto I think would be much quicker with the "blow up planet" trigger than the others.

Hadn't heard about that. That's a shame if true. Though considering what Magneto's been up to lately, I can understand them needing to maintain complete control over his appearances. Glad he at least got to use him a little for that alternate reality Illuminati.