BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    That story took place in Niganda. Tchalla asked Tony to solve the problem the American government started as they were sponsoring Killmomger taking over Niganda. They sent Monica. As a funny note, Tchalla got a good post civil war shot in on Tony. Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    If this is some sort of an ad hominem argument, does that mean you don't have any scans, issue numbers, story arc names or...??? Seriously, just give me a hint and I will track it down myself and post it whether I'm right or wrong.

If this is in reference to the Back to Africa story and that is your example... you are actually mistaken. T'challa did not send for Monica... Tony sent her before T'challa could say yes or no. And also, if anything, T'chalal called Stark for help and Stark is very melanin challenged.

Either way,

I still await those scans or stories of Hudlin assembling any black heroes whatsoever to protect Wakanda.
    Ok. So I was wrong about Photon showing up in Wakanda. Hudlin still wrote another black hero showing in the pages of Black Panther playing the hero. She wasn't in Wakanda per se. You know who was tho? His wife and confidant. She was a black hero showing up to save Wakanda many times.

Id love to see all these pages of priest talkong about pre wakanda africa. I really hope we arent taking what i remember as one sentence and making it... this lol.

Tchalla did not break up one rape camp.

Not. One. Never ever brought up despite Ramondas direct knowledge of it

The gross failure is showing tchallas indifference.

The hero of the story did nothing heroic about. And his sister gatekeepered it. "Who cares if yall got raped, i died for wakanda"

Most advanced technology. Not people. They were just as flawed as everyone else

Name one time hudlin tchalla INVITED other black heroes to defend wakanda? Issue number or scan works. If you give me there story ill hunt it down.
    How many rape camps would you expect a nation's leader to break up? I'll wager Trump, Obama, Clinton and both Bush's combined have personally broke up as many human trafficking rings as BP. Likely none.

I'd respect him less if he decided to screw dealing with the revolution and focused on stopping rape camps instead. I think the criticism against him overlooks the fact that his priorities actually made sense. T'Challa can't deal with every crime in the nation.

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    Lol weren't you the same one that posted the scan of Zuri suggesting that T'Challa marry Photon? Or do I have you confused with another poster? Lol y'all make this too easy.
    I think your confusing the cage blade and voodoo team up. That was in new Orleans not Wakanda. At no point did any black heroes ever come together to defend Wakanda.. until Coates.. for an underwhelming Villain group that T'Challa should of solod and they somehow escaped which made T'Challa and co look weird

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    How many rape camps would you expect a nation's leader to break up? I'll wager Trump, Obama, Clinton and both Bush's combined have personally broke up as many human trafficking rings as BP. Likely none.

I'd respect him less if he decided to screw dealing with the revolution and focused on stopping rape camps instead. I think the criticism against him overlooks the fact that his priorities actually made sense. T'Challa can't deal with every crime in the nation.
    How many of those people have super powers and are physically capable of it? If the Dora know about it, he should. Also see McGregor. Rochelle had no problem going to small villages to handle problems.

You can literally post scans of every single thing in that first sentence. and that isn't even an exaggeration.

And there are intelligent monarchies in fiction. Fiction is the key word. In a MU full of weird shit, having one monarch having complete control that can mobilize and do things at an instance might not be a bad idea.

There is also the idea that Wakandan rulers are blessed and given approval by a God(s)

In reality, you eventually run into a family member that is completely inept at ruling and there is nothing the population can do about it. Of course, that happens in other types of government as well.
    The difference between a monarchy and more modernized governments though is if you end up with an inept ruler you actually can do something about it.

If you don't like Trump in a couple years you can vote for someone else. In a couple more years he's gone no matter what.

If Wakanda you either have to start a coup against the most powerful nation on earth, or you need to challenge a meta human and consume a poisonous herb. It's really not that shocking that some Wakandans might view elections as preferable.

The difference between a monarchy and more modernized governments though is if you end up with an inept ruler you actually can do something about it.

If you don't like Trump in a couple years you can vote for someone else. In a couple more years he's gone no matter what.

If Wakanda you either have to start a coup against the most powerful nation on earth, or you need to challenge a meta human and consume a poisonous herb. It's really not that shocking that some Wakandans might view elections as preferable.
    If you're good enough to beat an enhanced fighter, you probably don't need the herb anyway. Plus the only person who said it was poison was Erik. There is no real evidence as Parker was able to eat it.
    Evans tried the same, but his explanation was ambiguous.

Plus the elected tribal council can remove a leader of deemed necessary.

How many of those people have super powers and are physically capable of it? If the Dora know about it, he should. Also see McGregor. Rochelle had no problem going to small villages to handle problems.
    The fact that he has super powers makes it even more important that he stop the metahumsns of the People instead of dealing with the rape camps.

Again, he's one man. He cant be expected to deal with every crime in the nation regardless of whether he was super powers or not.

If he had literally nothing else going at the time maybe, but he was a little busy at the moment. Again, your criticism overlooks that his priorities actually made perfect sense.

Which of those three has super powers?

Which of those three were personally blessed by a living breathing God?

Which one of the three lives in a world of aliens, gods, magic metals, super villains, super humans, rage monsters, magic herbs, super soldiers, ect.

Which one of those three solves problems by showing up and punching them in a cat suit?

Which one of those three defends their country by showing up in the front lines and punching the threat in the face?

This. Is. Fiction.

In the MU, it is perfectly reasonable to expect a superhero king who flew to NY over a dead girl to find the treehouses and personally put a stop to them in a country the size of West Virigina.

T'challa never even sent the HZ or any other personal to deal with it. They never even acknowledged it.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

The challenge can be made once a year but there is no longer an herb involved.

And as we've seen, elections can be rigged and one elected moron can do a lot of damage in just a single year.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I think your confusing the cage blade and voodoo team up. That was in new Orleans not Wakanda. At no point did any black heroes ever come together to defend Wakanda.. until Coates.. for an underwhelming Villain group that T'Challa should of solod and they somehow escaped which made T'Challa and co look weird
    They were still other black heroes taking up panel space in a Black Panther centric comic. It's doesn't really matter to whether they were actually in Wakanda. The points I've seen raised here in this thread shows that people are ignoring clear patterns that Coates is following that have been laid by previous writers. People are ignoring the things that Priest and Hudlin did that directly inform Coates' work. The idea that he is ignoring canon by dismissing established history is a complete and total lie. I just called out multiple points that were left by both Priest and Hudlin and picked up by Coates. Just because you don't like what he did with those plotlines, doesn't mean they weren't there to begin with. Its time to start being objective.

Until the president, prime minster, elected ruler changes the rules to stay for life and/or holds "elections"

Which has happened. Many many many many times. Unless you think everyone in Russia loves Putin or that the "elected" leader of Venzuela is universally loved of course.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

If you're good enough to beat an enhanced fighter, you probably don't need the herb anyway. Plus the only person who said it was poison was Erik. There is no real evidence as Parker was able to eat it.
    Evans tried the same, but his explanation was ambiguous.
    If you're strong enough to beat T'Challa you're probably a super villain ... ie someone you don't want sitting on the throne. Which essentially is the big problem with the system right now.

It's rigged, but it basically needs to be.

Ok. So I was wrong about Photon showing up in Wakanda. Hudlin still wrote another black hero showing in the pages of Black Panther playing the hero. She wasn't in Wakanda per se. You know who was tho?
    She wasn't invited. T'challa at no point invited another black hero to defend Wakanda.

His wife and confidant. She was a black hero showing up to save Wakanda many times.
    Which story T'challa BRING IN Storm to help DEFEND WAKANDA?

This is what you said:

The idea is that Coates brought in many black heroes to defend Wakanda at BP's suggestion. That's another plot point that is pulled from Hudlin's work.

You keep telling people to "be objective" where here is your chance. Which issues and stories under Hudlin's pen did T'challing bring in Storm to defend Wakanda?

I don't need to reread those scans. They don't help you disprove the point I'm making. Yes, Coates establishes that the human are pilgrims on lands that are already settled by other sentient creatures. Yeah, they had already culture and humans learned from them. But that doesn't disagree with the throwaway discussion that T'Challa and Lord Ghuar share in BP #26. Priest established that those Lumarians had a culture all their own since before prehistoric Wakandan man could walk upright. That is directly referenced with the line about another species thriving before man made his mark on the land. It's true. Just because it's a plot point that you don like doesn't make it something that Coates pulled out of thin air.

It doesn't matter how you feel about whether the upgrade was small or not. My simple point is that there are in fact major plot points that were laid by previous Black Panther writers, the two most influential ones. And I keep reading people say that Coates is ignoring continuity. That is a lie. He's ignoring continuity that you disagree with. But there are clear elements laid by Coates that have been tackled by previous writers. The issues of rape camps in the pages of Black Panther isn't even something new to the mythos. The fact that there seems to be an attempt to gloss over these truths feels a lot like omission of facts. I don't do well with that.

Yes, that exactly the line and conversation thats being discussed. It's being discussed because it's relevant to the discussion about the Originators and their place in Wakanda's mythos. It's ok if you want to ignore the connections, but understand why you lose points for not being objective.
    Oh? Can you please provide the issue and scans of Rape camps pre-existing in Wakanda prior to Coates? I would like to see these so I can reference.

Otherwise as for the rest of your Post. Meh. Your ignoring the very blatant issue with Coates work and trying to pass it off that he is not ignoring continuity (his entire S 1& 2 ignore established continuity, how your can try and argue this is beyond me) and with your storm reference, again there is a big difference between a guest Character getting s slight boost, and said guest having an entire franchise belief system retconned and changed all for the sake of making her the hero of a story and series that is not her own.

But I get it. You like what Coates is doing for Storm so everything else be Damned in the BP Mythos so long as storm looks good

Until the president, prime minster, elected ruler changes the rules to stay for life and/or holds "elections"

Which has happened. Many many many many times. Unless you think everyone in Russia loves Putin or that the "elected" leader of Venzuela is universally loved of course.
    Sure. There's no such thing as a perfect system. But have you ever met anyone who would prefer not having any say in government or leadership?

Basically Wakandans want a voice in the government for the same reason you, me, everyone else on this board and everyone else on this planet might. It's just human nature even when you are happy with government.
    Last edited by XPac; 05-20-2018 at 02:47 PM.