Quote Originally Posted by Moose100 View Post
    Ok I knew I didnt have them straight. Lol. That should put them at or over 1 billion soon.
    Yep. Based off of the holds and estimates, the film will cross 500m domestic and 850mWW by the end of this weekend with a decent chance of crossing 900mWW by the time it opens in China on 03/09.

Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    Yep. Based off of the holds and estimates, the film will cross 500m domestic and 850mWW by the end of this weekend with a decent chance of crossing 900mWW by the time it opens in China on 03/09.
    It might do that before the next weekend.
    U just mad cuz I'm stylin' on ya'
    Militant Anti-Villain
    I'm out here looking for revenge!!
    Spit Dat Kurt Vonnegut...
    The Ghost Militant...
    Black Panther on one shoulder Nighthawk on the other!!!
    Cognitive Dissonance Disseminator

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Testing testing 1, 2, 3...

In light of the success of Black Panther at the box-office and some of Coates inspired things making it to the big screen how would you feel about another black intellectual writing the Black Panther comic...

Cornel West perhaps???

(wait for it... wait for it...)
    I just want a writer who knows the mythos & foundation, makes T'Challa the primary focus with secondary characters being secondary, knows & utilizes characters who should be around (Queen Divine Justice, Vibraxas), don't make the book "Black Panther with T'Challa somewhere in that one page there!", make additions that work (the Doras, Kimoyo, etc.), don't add mess that never took place in Wakanda like uhmidunno Wakandan rape camps (UGH!), and tell a good story that makes me want more.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    It was a good issue. Finally a real all out battle. This is how the battle in the first arc should have been. He didn't get any lines, but Kasper was there in his new outfit.
    Finally got around to checking out this issue. And it was a lot of fun.

The scale of the fight seemed appropriately epic, and Coates made good use of a lot of the supporting cast in the issue. The action was well handled, and the art compliment it in a way the big battle scene of the last season did not.

Overall I'd say this was my fave issue of Coates run so far.

Somewhat random, but the Marvel Legends Infinity War Wave 2 was revealed today and the Build-A-Figure (for those unfamiliar, the line comes with a piece of a figure with most of the figures in the wave that you combine into a new character) is Cull Obsidian aka Black Dwarf. So for those who have been longing to get that Black Panther vs. Black Dwarf battle on the page you can finally make it happen.

http://marveltoynews.com/marvel-lege...-obsidian-baf/

Somewhat random, but the Marvel Legends Infinity War Wave 2 was revealed today and the Build-A-Figure (for those unfamiliar, the line comes with a piece of a figure with most of the figures in the wave that you combine into a new character) is Cull Obsidian aka Black Dwarf. So for those who have been longing to get that Black Panther vs. Black Dwarf battle on the page you can finally make it happen.

Figures that Black Dwarf is the member of the Black Order that's already broken into pieces. It's like he's pre-defeated before you've even taken him out of the packaging.

This seems like a great time to push The Ultimates back out there.

Black Panther is playing like a heavyweight. Captain Marvel is about to take off likely with Spectrum in tow. America is about to be in a show. Now we just need a little love for Adam.

And of course, BP taking the lead.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Finally got around to checking out this issue. And it was a lot of fun.

The scale of the fight seemed appropriately epic, and Coates made good use of a lot of the supporting cast in the issue. The action was well handled, and the art compliment it in a way the big battle scene of the last season did not.

Overall I'd say this was my fave issue of Coates run so far.
    Agreed 100% it was a very well done issue
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I was checking those out earlier. I've already got 3 BPs, 2 Killmongers, 1 Okoye and 1 Vibra-Rhino.

I'm ready for them to release the BP Infinity War figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post

Black Panther is playing like a heavyweight. Captain Marvel is about to take off likely with Spectrum in tow. America is about to be in a show. Now we just need a little love for Adam.

Hopefully not. I'd rather Monica be a present day character.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

What is America going to be in?

I think the only downside about the Ultimates is that Carol and Black Panther are now on the Avengers. Not to say that they can't pull double duty... but if the Avengers are tackling a big cosmic threat this time around it's basically serving the niche the Ultimates had.

Still, the ULtimates were a lot of fun. I'd like to see them return. I still believe that just one Avengers team is too few.

Hold on, America is gonna be in a show? Which one?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Hopefully not. I'd rather Monica be a present day character.
    If she gets her powers she'll be immortal, so they can put her right in with current stories.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Sandy Kim of The Herder Witch talks about Black Panther.

https://twitter.com/skimcasual/statu...24582832443392

And from another writer, Rahawa Haile talks about watching the film from a first generation African-American perspective.

https://longreads.com/2018/02/22/how...o-one-another/

She's a bit critical of the character of Ross.
    Interesting to see the perspective of someone who is a non-black PoC.

As for the second article... I mean, I get the point she's going for... But like... should the film have had zero white actors unless they're villains? Personally, I wanted MORE Ross, but understanding what the cultural significance of the movie is, I understand why they didn't. Likely the same reason there was zero Jessica Jones in Luke Cage. Disappointing, but I get it.

Interestingly, she points out that T'Challa is on the defense most of the time. Maybe that's why I liked the first part of the movie so much - as she said, it was him being quite active.