Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    This is the MCU? I don't think we've seen enough of him to make any determinations. That being said, I'm not convinced I can think of 20. Tony Stark, Hank Pym, Bruce Banner, Shuri. Did they expand it to the TV side because I'd add Fitz and Simmons. I guess Selvig? Seriously, even if we just put him in the level of Doctor Strange (an intelligent professional as opposed to super genius), I feel we'd still be in the top 20.
    If you open it up to the TV shows, you probably can get a descent sized list. We get plenty of TV scientists on the various shows, from Fitz Simmons on Agents of SHIELD to Chases dad on Runaways. Not that this particular list necessarily went too deep into the TV side of things, but there's actually a lot to work with.

The problem is always gauging how smart one person is next to someone else. Does Chases dad inventing a machine which can look into the future make him smarter than Karl Malus, who created a means of turning Jessica Jones into a meta human? It's really impossible to say.

The only thing we can say with some certainty is that Shuri is the smartest person in the MCU, because we're told she is.

Default David Liss On Writing Black Panther

Good short interview with David Liss about his stint writing BP.

David Liss On Writing Black Panther

How did that go over with the fans?
    There are a few active comic book discussion boards and most writers stay away from them, but when I was writing Black Panther, I didn’t. I wanted to know what the fans thought and who the fans were. That’s when I discovered there was this group of really active and dedicated fans all over the world. They were from the Caribbean and Africa and all over the black diaspora. Initially, almost all of the hardcore fans were against it, because here was this figure of black empowerment who was suddenly depowered. But, later, a lot of those guys went on to speak very favorably about my run. I had all these conversations online where they said, “Marvel handed you a concept that was terrible, but we like what you did with it.” I always said, “Well, I really liked the concept, but thanks anyhow!”
    https://www.sacurrent.com/ArtSlut/ar...-marvel-comics

Excelsior!

Daoud

Quote Originally Posted by daoud View Post
    good short interview with david liss about his stint writing bp.

david liss on writing black panther

https://www.sacurrent.com/artslut/ar...-marvel-comics

excelsior!

Daoud
    That. Is. Awesome!
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daoud View Post

Excelsior!

Daoud

David Liss will always be that dude.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Maybe you should do another poll.
    He does have a valid point irrespective of how his last poll ended.

Excelsior!

Daoud
    Liss was awesome. I'll go to my grave saying that was the best BP run since Priest. It's a shame it couldn't get more of a fanbase. But it was fun while it lasted.

Excelsior!

Daoud
    he's definitely talking about this board. Remember when he hurt his arm and someone said it's because he was writing all that badassery?

Excelsior!

Daoud
    Liss took what many of us saw as a shitty premise and managed to win many fans over. He gave up his kingdom, power and tech but he never gave up who he was. Liss did a great job with that.

On the other hand, Coates got a T'Challa who was king again, had power and his tech with a premise to move forward and just frakked this isht up big time driving many fans away.

Give me Liss' T'Challa anyday over Coates Bland Panther.

As far as polls or lists go, I can make a list right now that says MCU Black Panther is the most badass dangerous character in the MCU based on CW and the BP movie.

Some will agree and some will disagree.

In the end, who gives a fuck. You'll still either like him or don't like him.

We've all said our piece one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    He does have a valid point irrespective of how his last poll ended.
    I respect his opinion; though I disagree, I just don't like the tactics. If his point is strong he shouldn't need to use a poll as an attempted to validate it.

I will give him credit for not resorting to disparaging the intelligence of any of the creators though.

All that said, I am being flippant as hell about it though, so I should probably reign it in.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by neohuey89 View Post
    he's definitely talking about this board. Remember when he hurt his arm and someone said it's because he was writing all that badassery?
    I remember many of the BP fans on this board had their letters printed in David Liss' BP run with a response from him. He also interacted with us on this board. His portrayal of BP and his willingness to listen won him much respect with fans in this forum.

Random and SPOILERS ahead but did anybody else notice that in Rise, the person that leaked that Wakandan information proclaimed himself “T’chaka’s Son” and next in line for the throne. T’challa suspects hunter but aside from that poorly written issue by Liss (one of the only ones IMO) Hunter’s never actually been shown to want the throne. I think they may be setting up a RE-introduction of Jakara OR there may be a Retcon to make KillMonger T’chaka’s son. But I think hunter as the culprit is just too obvious.
    After reading Priest's run on Black Panther, I can truly said I've learned nothing, but I remember everything!
    I'm back from the Djailia!
    Since D9 exists in the MU, T'challa is definitely an Alpha! (Don't Debate me)

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Amazing. Mcunos smart too by capitalizing on Tchalla, Wakanda, Okoye and Shuri

Give me this in the comics please. No excuse to not update the habit to look this badass.

Courtesy of Ture from HEF

Quote Originally Posted by mbeezy561 View Post
    Random and SPOILERS ahead but did anybody else notice that in Rise, the person that leaked that Wakandan information proclaimed himself “T’chaka’s Son” and next in line for the throne. T’challa suspects hunter but aside from that poorly written issue by Liss (one of the only ones IMO) Hunter’s never actually been shown to want the throne. I think they may be setting up a RE-introduction of Jakara OR there may be a Retcon to make KillMonger T’chaka’s son. But I think hunter as the culprit is just too obvious.
    I wouldn't think they would do such a huge retcon, but ya never know. Wouldn't be the first time we've seen movie synergy effect the comics (though it's not quite the movie either). And it's not the first time T'Challa has magically gotten a new sibling.
    Last edited by XPac; 04-05-2018 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mbeezy561 View Post
    Im not going to lie. I thought it might be Jakara too. Hunter was a misdirection. lol