Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
Prior to the CBR reboot, The BP Appreciation threads were more like chapters in a freaking book with each one leading into the next one seamlessly.

So much goodness was lost post reboot.
Those were the days. CBB

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
I can honestly say that after the continual chumping out T'Challa has been subjected to from Doomwar/AvX onwards, I now have ZERO interest in the proposed Black Panther solo book or movie supposedly coming out in 2018.

Coates proposed "revolution in Wakanda" angle is just tired and Chadwick Boseman is the last person I would envision playing T'Challa on the big screen.

Peace.
I'm going to give it a shot so I can see for myself what is going on with BP. If its more of the same then it's a pass. I'll give Coates the benefit of the doubt until he shows me otherwise. As far as the movie goes, they have to have a great script as well as a credible actor. So far Marvel's track record has been pretty good in that dept. I would give them a B-. Tying BP into Civil War will give him give him a serious and political tone which should carry over into the BP movie. Here's hoping that everyone can pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
I'm actually curious as to what Coates is going to bring to T'Challa. It's BP solo title so there's less of a chance of him being chumped for whatever story reason.

As far as the movie is concerned, I'll say what I said in a different thread about a different character I like...I'm cautiously optimistic, but it's Hollywood...
Agreed.