Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    I liked the last issue of Ultimates btw. That first half of the book where we saw how the team got together, I kinda wish that was somehow made into the first issue: maybe tack on some powerful but quick plot device villain at the end for some action and explosions, sprinkled with guest appearances by other notable heroes and there reaction to the team forming and kicking ass... and then instead have issues 2 and 3 be that same galactus arc. That probably would've been my ideal first 3 issues to really set the tone. Of course i probably would've changed issues 4, 5, 6 and 7 as well lol... just to fit the same tone, but that's another discussion.
    Well, unfortunately I think the last issue made it pretty clear that this team is commited to at least trying to solve problems in a non-violent fashion. It's a very commendable outlook ... but it creates a certain pace and tone that may not be to everyone's liking.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Again I want to shout out to realdealholy on his excellent post. even if nothing changed in regards to issue 1 itself having an issue 0 like he explained would of been phenomenal and really answered alot of questions for why things re the way They are. And it would built the emotional bond to new reader'sand why T'Challa is attempting resurrection which he has never done. It would be a slam dunk expo. Bravo Bravo realdealholy
    I think the reason T'challa is trying to bring Shuri back, is because she's not necessarily dead. At least not in the sense that T"chaka and S'yan were. If you look at the last word in the first issue it wasn't "Resurrection Failure" it was "Resuscitation Failure" . She may still be breathing or have a pulse, but essentially in a coma.
    After reading Priest's run on Black Panther, I can truly said I've learned nothing, but I remember everything!
    I'm back from the Djailia!
    Since D9 exists in the MU, T'challa is definitely an Alpha! (Don't Debate me)

Spectacular Member

Oh man, T'challa's got some big fight coming up. That looming threat of America Chavez, the fight against Blue Marvel, Coates, Civil War the one against Hulk in Totally Awsome Hulk #10. Best case scenarios are a bunch of Pyrrhics.

It's not looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by phumgano View Post
    Oh man, T'challa's got some big fight coming up. That looming threat of America Chavez, the fight against Blue Marvel, Coates, Civil War the one against Hulk in Totally Awsome Hulk #10. Best case scenarios are a bunch of Pyrrhics.

It's not looking good.
    Win, lose or draw I do find the idea of him getting in actual fights rather appealing. He's not doing a great deal of that under either Ewing or Coates. I could use a bit more action in my BP fix.

Quote Originally Posted by mbeezy561 View Post
    I think the reason T'challa is trying to bring Shuri back, is because she's not necessarily dead. At least not in the sense that T"chaka and S'yan were. If you look at the last word in the first issue it wasn't "Resurrection Failure" it was "Resuscitation Failure" . She may still be breathing or have a pulse, but essentially in a coma.
    Correct, and I mentioned something of that nature as well in my "wall of text" post. Thing is though, there's a lot of stuff going on right now that requires his immediate attention: Zenzi turning his people against him, the human trafficking ops, the Midnight Angel escaping with valuable gear, and Wakanda going through stuff in general. One would think those pressing matters among others would have priority over bringing Shuri back at the moment.

Adding a political element to Shuri's potential resuscitation could explain why T'Challa is so focused in bringing her back, to the point of being somewhat distracted. Under such circumstances, T'Challa making Shuri's return a priority not only makes a lot of sense, it also touches to his characterization as a person that is willing to do what needs to be done to win (or at the least, not lose). That it also fills an emotional void makes it a win/win in his eyes.

It's not looking good.
    Eh, I dont think it will be bad for T'Challa in the other stories. So far in Hulk he hasn't looked bad at all, and i doubt they are going to chump him out. Same with Ultimates, BM vs T'Challa will probably be a more a battle of ideas, and MAC, Well If Ewing is truly sticking to his guns about portraying T'Challa as CJP always prepared panther (which he said he was and that was his favorite version reading Priest work) then i can see her stopping everyone but him. CW other then the first issue with that god awful line hasn't been too terrible either, and he did get some on panel hits on Thanos, in CW and in Ultimates plus there was that cover too so i think he will be fine. Eventually In the Solo i think he will start kicking things up a notch.

It's not looking good.
    All off panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    All off panel.

BANNED

All off panel.

All off panel.

All off panel.

Lmao at you crazy Wakandans!

So I just read the most recent Ultimates issue and the T'challa love interest debate on this thread popped into my head when I saw Blue Marvel snogging Spectrum. I was just imaging some dudes who on here who were arguing for T'challa to be paired off with Monica looking like Ja Rule in the first Fast and the Furious movie.

I guess the only real options left are new Wakandan and new inhuman characters.
    My face went like THIS when I read that panel