Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    The Luke Cage show got the same criticism. "This show is racist because there's not enough white people!"
    Those critics should go watch re-runs of Friends then so they can be in their comfort zone.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yep. It's pretty stupid. It's funny when people moan about Miles and then say they are forcing diversity and their reasons, it's always the same. Like these folks go to meetings to spout the Same word for word garbage
    They only judge the product based on PREVIEWS.

Remember Sam Wilson with War Machine's funeral-all we heard it was a black ONLY funeral and Tony wasn't invited. All based on 2 preview pages. Yet when I pointed out and even listed all the nonblacks there-those folks suddenly had nothing to say.

Or they base it on certain youtubers and parrot away. And then when call to the carpet to explain-why they think that way or to provide examples-they can't.

How do you force diversity with Miles when he took over for Peter after he died? Peter and Miles don't even have the same POWERS.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

The Luke Cage show got the same criticism. "This show is racist because there's not enough white people!"
    I thought one of the more impressive things about the show was that I didn't even notice there weren't any white people until that restaurant manager showed up to made me realize it. The show was just that captivating. I suspect, for most people, this will ultimately not be an issue, although I'm sure the internet will continue to be shitty.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Incredible Member

That person doesn't support black creators himself. Somehow he thinks it makes sense to bash the script of the BP movie though it hasn't even been released yet and he has no idea what the plot is.
    Who is this person?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    Who is this person?
    I think their talking about shawn james here is blog http://shawnsjames.blogspot.com/

Incredible Member

Some of those people are being sarcastic because in their minds they're getting back at the people who criticize the lack of diversity in media.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I thought one of the more impressive things about the show was that I didn't even notice there weren't any white people until that restaurant manager showed up to made me realize it. The show was just that captivating. I suspect, for most people, this will ultimately not be an issue, although I'm sure the internet will continue to be shitty.
    As long as it makes sense, it shouldn't be an issue for MOST people (though obviously there will always be plenty of nut cases coming out of the wood work on social media complaining about something). If a movie takes places in Africa, it just makes sense to have a cast largely made up of people of African descent. Plenty of foreign films Japan or Hong Kong or whatever which make their way to the US likewise have casts largely made up of Asian descent, and for MOST it's not an issue because it just makes sense. There's absolutely nothing to rationally complain about.

This won't be an issue for the Black Panther movie. Yeah, 4 guys or twitter or whatever will complain about something, but the box office returns will more than disprove whatever nonsense they may be spouting online.

Invincible Member

Who is this person?
    I was referring to Shawn James. Here's one of several videos about the BP trailer. In this one he tries to defend himself against criticism by claiming that BP fans and people who want to see the film are emotional.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_i6clOGnXE

Invincible Member

Some of those people are being sarcastic because in their minds they're getting back at the people who criticize the lack of diversity in media.
    This is probably true.

I was referring to Shawn James. Here's one of several videos about the BP trailer. In this one he tries to defend himself against criticism by claiming that BP fans and people who want to see the film are emotional.
    If by emotional he means happy then yes. He sounds like the rest of the Unfans who want attention.

Ha ha oh man, that guys an idiot. He compares a trailer (which did a damn good job displaying the essence of Tchalla) of Bp to the Ironman movie and says Iron Man did a good job sticking to the source material, whereas he doesn't see that in the BP TRAILER.... Bast help him

This guy has issues lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Gotdayuuuuuuu!!!

I need to stop watching these trailers.

Giving too much away.

Shuri totally rocks. :cool"

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Yes! Man I can't wait. The more I see the more hyped up I get