Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Honestly I'm not sure T'Chaka would be that big of a role either though. Important, but not big. It's like casting for Uncle Ben in a Spider-Man movie... these guys aren't gonna have standard marvel 3 movie contracts.
    Yeah he's gonna show up to give some fatherly advice and then get shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Dum Dum Dugan View Post
    what issue was that?
    I believe it was one of those A versus X issues. I'll have to dig thru my stuff to find the exact issue.

[QUOTE=Realdealholy;1565366]As of late....Wakanda is her love interest. Which isn't a bad thing.

Plus, I'd prefer that her character is firmly established before she gets with someone. If she does get with someone, that someone would probably have to be as dedicated to Wakanda and as "traditional" as she is.

Hmmm if I had to choose a love interest for T"challa it'd must likely be Okoye. She's cold blooded and deadly just like T'challa, plus you wouldn't have to worry about her popping up in any other book. If I had to Choose a love interest for Shuri, it'd be James Rhodey even though the relationship couldn't go anywhere , It'd still make for interesting stories.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Honestly I'm not sure T'Chaka would be that big of a role either though. Important, but not big. It's like casting for Uncle Ben in a Spider-Man movie... these guys aren't gonna have standard marvel 3 movie contracts.
    They might want to use him for flashbacks. Probably scold T'Challa like they did in the New Avengers comic

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    They might want to use him for flashbacks. Probably scold T'Challa like they did in the New Avengers comic
    Good point. If T'Challa ends up with the King of the Dead powers, you can sort of do an OB1 Force Ghost type thing.

Sort of funny how we're going from talking about T'Challa with a light saber to T'Challa with a force ghost.
    Last edited by XPac; 10-26-2015 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so has Shuri ever had any romantic interests?
    I'd pair her up with Tom Foster, Bill Foster's(Goliath) nephew. He was made an honorary Wakandan during Hudlin's run I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by mbeezy561 View Post
    Hmmm if I had to choose a love interest for T"challa it'd must likely be Okoye. She's cold blooded and deadly just like T'challa, plus you wouldn't have to worry about her popping up in any other book. If I had to Choose a love interest for Shuri, it'd be James Rhodey even though the relationship couldn't go anywhere , It'd still make for interesting stories.
    Wouldn't Okoye for T'Challa. Would be different as she's actually Wakandan.

Rhodey for Shuri? I can't see that working (and definitely not lasting). Can see it as a fling though. You can build off of their interaction from DoomWar.
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 10-26-2015 at 09:37 AM.

Though I don't necessarily want Shuri and M'Baku to date or anything... I do sort of like the idea of a hero and villain having a sort of romantic relationship which they can't act upon before of their different stations in life or whatever.

And it would add another layer to M'Baku already being a close friend to T'Challa despite being enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I'd pair her up with Tom Foster, Bill Foster's(Goliath) nephew. He was made an honorary Wakandan during Hudlin's run I believe.
    Huh, didn't know that. That's a possibilty as well.

To be honest, I see her with a Wakandan, rather than a foreigner.
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 10-26-2015 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post

Rhodey for Shuri? I can't see that working (and definitely not lasting). Can see it as a fling though. You can build off of their interaction from DoomWar.
    Either Deadly Nightshade or Princess Zanda for T'Challa. Either would work very well.

Nightshade is a brilliant scientist and Zanda is ruler of her own country. The history is already there between T'Challa and each of them.

BANNED

As far as we know Rhodey and Carol are still together

Huh, didn't know that. That's a possibilty as well.

To be honest, I see her with a Wakandan, rather than a foreigner.
    Course, last time we saw Tom he was sitting in custody in the Raft after he had just attacked the Avengers. I'll wager they eventually let him go though. Given that he works with Damange Control they probably had him repair the building he helped to tear down in the first place.

Still, if no one else is using Tom he makes for as good as anyone else. And there are actually a lot less growing guys operating these days so Tom stands out a bit more. When he first came on the scene there was liek 50 of them all at one time running around.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    As far as we know Rhodey and Carol are still together
    The thing I like about that couple is that Carol is getting a movie and Rhodney already exists in the Cinematic Universe, so there's a chance we can see some of that in the big screen. So even though they're frankly not the most exicting comic book couple on the face of the earth, I hope they stick around.

Whatever happened to Vibraxus?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I think Shuri is a good bit older than Tom...I think Shuri was in her late 20's while Tom might have still been in his late teens/early 20's.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Whatever happened to Vibraxus?
    I don't think he's been seen since Priest's run. He was sort of in a relationship with Queen Divine Justice.