Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    With no Storm in the comics, and no possibility of Storm in the cinematic universe I think Monica is the obvious choice. Though I suppose there's still time for marvel to throw someone else in there if they really want to.

As far as Ross... honestly I think he's a character that's built for the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Those movies have humor woven into their dna and that frankly won't be T'Challa's strong suit. Having him provide that element and play off T'Challa in a sort of side kick/friend role basically writers itself for the movie. And the fact that he's a government agent means he can easily be used elsewhere in the MU... Agents of SHIELD for example or Captain America. He's probably the best member of T'Challa's supporting cast to go out and inter mingle with the rest of the MU.
    Perhaps I need to read the McGregor run in its entirety to get a better look at Monica Lynne. As a love interest, I'm just not feeling her.

I'm so-so with Ross as well. Don't mind him being in the movie. To what degree (outside of being part of the government / Shield) I'm still unsure.

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    Perhaps I need to read the McGregor run in its entirety to get a better look at Monica Lynne. As a love interest, I'm just not feeling her.

I'm so-so with Ross as well. Don't mind him being in the movie. To what degree (outside of being part of the government / Shield) I'm still unsure.
    I think part of the problem is that she's just a normal person. And that can seem kinda boring.

Comparing Monica to say Storm (the obvious other love interest) is literally like comparing Wonder Woman to Lois Lane. On paper Lois does seem pretty dull by comparison... selling an ordinary human being in a comic book world is really all in the writing. You need to fall in love with the character. Mary Jane is a perfect example... I'm sure new Spidey readers are wondering what's the big deal about her, but if you hung in that relationship through decades of marriage, it's easy to appreciate what she brought to the Spider-Man franchise. It wasn't a person Peter could fight side by side with (like say Black Cat). It was about the Peter Parker part of his life rather than the Spider-Man part (which for him was just as important).

And Monica did that with T'Challa in McGregors run. She was his Lois Lane or his Mary Jane. She didn't battle Doom with Monica... she went grocery shopping with him (which I thought was actually cool in its own way).

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    QDJ>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>So phie>>>>>>>>>> a blank splash page/ panel>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ross... Imo
    Lol. I agree on the Ross part. Wouldn't care if i never saw him again. If he does appear in the mcu, i'd prefer a very small role.. can even have his pants fall down or something as a tribute, and so be it.

As for Coates, whatever road he takes us in this political storyline, i hope his T'Challa has the feel and narration of See Wakanda and Die. That was a nigh perfect blend of Priest's gritty/mysterious/serious + Hudlin's 1st person/introspective/humanization of BP. That's just my preference tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    I think Coates either mentioned her on twitter or someone mentioned her to him and he said he'd check her out

He is doing research we know that much
    I better get on twitter and tell him how much I hate her then

I'd take 10 ross's instead and Im not a huge Ross fan .
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I think part of the problem is that she's just a normal person. And that can seem kinda boring.

Comparing Monica to say Storm (the obvious other love interest) is literally like comparing Wonder Woman to Lois Lane. On paper Lois does seem pretty dull by comparison... selling an ordinary human being in a comic book world is really all in the writing. You need to fall in love with the character. Mary Jane is a perfect example... I'm sure new Spidey readers are wondering what's the big deal about her, but if you hung in that relationship through decades of marriage, it's easy to appreciate what she brought to the Spider-Man franchise. It wasn't a person Peter could fight side by side with (like say Black Cat). It was about the Peter Parker part of his life rather than the Spider-Man part (which for him was just as important).

And Monica did that with T'Challa in McGregors run. She was his Lois Lane or his Mary Jane. She didn't battle Doom with Monica... she went grocery shopping with him (which I thought was actually cool in its own way).
    That's the thing though. Spidey and Superman having a Mary Jane or Lois Lane makes sense story wise. Outside of his secret identity, Peter has somewhat of a normal, everyday life. Clark (at the least) strives to have a normal, everyday life despite his background. Hence, them being with a "normal" person makes sense and is very believable.

T'Challa has no secret identity. Him being a Black Panther and a Monarch (whether King or otherwise) is literally part of him. Add his wealth, his duties, and even his overall demeanor, indicates that he isn't a "normal" person by any stretch of the imagination and doesn't strive to have a normal life, unlike Spidey and Supes. Hence why him being with Monica Lynne, even when well written, always felt strange to me.

But as I said before, maybe McGregor's interpretation of T'Challa and specifically Monica might be put together in a certain way that makes sense of the coupling.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I better get on twitter and tell him how much I hate her then

I'd take 10 ross's instead and Im not a huge Ross fan .

So, what would you do if QDJ does in fact show up in Coates' run?

Vomit in my mouth every time I see her speak on panel and pray Hunter puts a knife in her back.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Vomit in my mouth every time I see her speak on panel and pray Hunter puts a knife in her back.

One of the best uses of gifs ever lol.

There are just some characters I cannot stand and she is one of them

You don't see anyway that she can become a viable character other than death or dismemberment?

That's the thing though. Spidey and Superman having a Mary Jane or Lois Lane makes sense story wise. Outside of his secret identity, Peter has somewhat of a normal, everyday life. Clark (at the least) strives to have a normal, everyday life despite his background. Hence, them being with a "normal" person makes sense and is very believable.

T'Challa has no secret identity. Him being a Black Panther and a Monarch (whether King or otherwise) is literally part of him. Add his wealth, his duties, and even his overall demeanor, indicates that he isn't a "normal" person by any stretch of the imagination and doesn't strive to have a normal life, unlike Spidey and Supes. Hence why him being with Monica Lynne, even when well written, always felt strange to me.

But as I said before, maybe McGregor's interpretation of T'Challa and specifically Monica might be put together in a certain way that makes sense of the coupling.
    And in is case I think that's sort of the specific draw to it.

In almost every Disney Prince or Princess movie ever made, the Prince or Princess doesn't end up with another Prince or Princess. They end up with a "normal" person like you or me. And that constrast is what becomes the story. It's what brings them down to earth and makes a character like this relatable.

And in is case I think that's sort of the specific draw to it.

In almost every Disney Prince or Princess movie ever made, the Prince or Princess doesn't end up with another Prince or Princess. They end up with a "normal" person like you or me. And that constrast is what becomes the story. It's what brings them down to earth and makes a character like this relatable.
    Honestly, I'd rather him fall for an agent of SHIELD rather than get back with Monica Lynne. It would be a way more intriguing storyline. T'Challa gets involved with a spy working for the world's biggest espionage agency. They care about each other but can they trust each other. And you know both Wakanda and SHIELD would want to take advantage of that relationship.

I don't think there is anything else to get out of a Monica Lynne relationship.

Id buy two or three issues of each issue she appears in

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Honestly, I'd rather him fall for an agent of SHIELD rather than get back with Monica Lynne. It would be a way more intriguing storyline. T'Challa gets involved with a spy working for the world's biggest espionage agency. They care about each other but can they trust each other. And you know both Wakanda and SHIELD would want to take advantage of that relationship.

I don't think there is anything else to get out of a Monica Lynne relationship.
    I think for the movie at least it'll be very possible he falls in love with a SHIELD agent.

Movie Jane Foster wasn't really comic Jane Foster. They just slapped the name onto whatever female love interest happened to fit the story. My guess is they'll do the exact same thing with T'Challa. Find some role fits and just slap the name Monica Lynn on her. Because there's no real fan base to the character, they'll change her as they see fit.

I think for the movie at least it'll be very possible he falls in love with a SHIELD agent.

Movie Jane Foster wasn't really comic Jane Foster. They just slapped the name onto whatever female love interest happened to fit the story. My guess is they'll do the exact same thing with T'Challa. Find some role fits and just slap the name Monica Lynn on her. Because there's no real fan base to the character, they'll change her as they see fit.
    I don't even want them to use the name Monica Lynne. Just move away from that completely.

I can envision a scenario where Tilda Johnson is a genius level SHIELD agent sent to be a liason to Wakanda.