Page 111 of 5186 FirstFirst ... 11611011071081091101111121131141151211612116111111 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 77781

The sales of NA aren't falling because of T'Challa. He's only one person in an ensemble cast. Even if Hickman revealed his full KoD powers, that would be enough to stop falling sales. That's just the nature of the business. The title got derailed by Infinity(not Hickman's fault) which is taking the story that much longer to tell. Really the problem is the patience of readers. Are readers willing to followthe story through to the end? Do they need a quick fix to get them through? We are a fast food, tweeting, selfie cultural that doesn't have time to sit and read. We want what we want and we want it now.

I'll agree that there needs to be more action and some feats shown by everyone and not just BP. We're seeing some of it now. It now depends on whether or not most fans have the patience to see it through to the end.

Vic Vega did you just compare the rich history of Black Panther to Nightmask's hidden powers?

I'm going let you flog yourself and fall on your own sword and then use my as of yet to be determined King of The Dead resurrection powers so that you can come back to life and do that post all over again... Did I mention altering the time space continuum well yeah that to but it's a slow burn process that happens over 40 issues so be patient!

Marvell nod your head once if the wifey is looking over the shoulder at this post twice if she is not!

Arrangements can be made along with cover ups... Dude this is the Black Panther thread what happens in Wakanda stays in Wakanda!

Double O... Do you realize that you did not answer one of the 10 questions for Black Panther where if I did one for the others you would have paragraphs worth of answers and waited for 90 more to make it an even 100 questions!

What I am hearing is a lot of excuses for simply writing a character's powers definitely purely for sales, marketing and cosplaying factors!

I'm not asking for "bitten by a radioactive panther" but at least that would be something... Unlike the characters that share panel space with each other the reader should be let in on the joke with the main character just to follow along and have certain expectations!

This is getting to be as disappointing as Boba Fett's fate in The Return of The Jedi where after all the buildup for this awesome bounty hunter he plunged into the abyss pit with a girlie scream!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    The sales of NA aren't falling because of T'Challa. He's only one person in an ensemble cast. Even if Hickman revealed his full KoD powers, that would be enough to stop falling sales. That's just the nature of the business. The title got derailed by Infinity(not Hickman's fault) which is taking the story that much longer to tell. Really the problem is the patience of readers. Are readers willing to followthe story through to the end? Do they need a quick fix to get them through? We are a fast food, tweeting, selfie cultural that doesn't have time to sit and read. We want what we want and we want it now.

I'll agree that there needs to be more action and some feats shown by everyone and not just BP. We're seeing some of it now. It now depends on whether or not most fans have the patience to see it through to the end.
    I had a lot of patience.

That's no longer the case.

Brotha Flex, I have to take my hat off to you as you've been dropping consistent body blows as regards the plethora of excuses being made by some to explain the lack of KOTD clarity evident after 20+ issues of NA.

Thanks for keeping it real.
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 07-07-2014 at 01:13 PM.

Marvell the purpose of the New Avengers was to revisit the Illuminati with Black Panther leading them as their moral center!

I say as I did long ago that rebuilding Black Panther within an ensemble on Disney's watch was not such a great idea when the merchandises stores have cash registers cha-chinging every two seconds!

To not have a Black Panther rogues gallery built up to sell toys of his own branding has turned out to be waste of revenue!

Every time I go to mall I either peak into or walk into the Disney store to see what is trending before I hit Gamestop, The Apple Store or my son's favorite Foot Locker!

HECK I'm surprised that Disney has not even scooped up Shuri as toy option for little girls... They slipping on that one but to not have Black Panther represented anywhere is cray cray!

It all starts with the seed called the comic book and currently Black Panther is still technically in an uncreative limbo that makes him a hard sell and with the New Avengers comic sales plummeting that means the air is seeping out of the ballon and people are leaving whether it because of him or in spite of him!

Batman is doing 100,000 plus steadily as a solo comic and even though he is a lucrative money machine every time they reboot him they make a legitimate effort to keep that gravy train rolling and not pausing for station identification!

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Marvell nod your head once if the wifey is looking over the shoulder at this post twice if she is not!
    She's got powers beyond mere mortals. It's like she knows what I'm doing even when she's not around.

Marvell the purpose of the New Avengers was to revisit the Illuminati with Black Panther leading them as their moral center!

I say as I did long ago that rebuilding Black Panther within an ensemble on Disney's watch was not such a great idea when the merchandises stores have cash registers cha-chinging every two seconds!

To not have a Black Panther rogues gallery built up to sell toys of his own branding has turned out to be waste of revenue!

Every time I go to mall I either peak into or walk into the Disney store to see what is trending before I hit Gamestop, The Apple Store or my son's favorite Foot Locker!

HECK I'm surprised that Disney has not even scooped up Shuri as toy option for little girls... They slipping on that one but to not have Black Panther represented anywhere is cray cray!

It all starts with the seed called the comic book and currently Black Panther is still technically in an uncreative limbo that makes him a hard sell and with the New Avengers comic sales plummeting that means the air is seeping out of the ballon and people are leaving whether it because of him or in spite of him!

Batman is doing 100,000 plus steadily as a solo comic and even though he is a lucrative money machine every time they reboot him they make a legitimate effort to keep that gravy train rolling and not pausing for station identification!
    Marvel's mistake was not having a solo BP title to go along with New Avengers. That way we could have gotten more of the BP perspective we need while still seeing him do his thing in NA. If he's that vital to NA, then he needs a solo so that we continue to see things from his perspective. There are no subplots going on with BP other than the Namor business and that has been hanging for some time. There is no BP supporting cast in which to reflect upon. There is no BP rogues gallery that are laying seeds on how to bring down the KoD. All of this should be happening in a Panther solo title.

Batman's success isn't dependent on Justice League. But right now, T'Challa is dependent on NA because that's the only title we get to see him in. They probably should have launched a BP solo during the 2nd wave of Marvel Now.

@BCB. I feel you dude. It seems that all BP fans have done is wait for the next great title or writer. Until Marvel fully commits to have a successful BP title, none of us will be satisfied. At this point, I don't know if that will ever happen. Right now, I'm just indifferent to it all and that's a terrible thing to feel.

Extraordinary Member

Batman's sucess isn't dependent on the Justice League, its the other way around.

Because Batman is insanely popular.

Geez.

This isnt hard guys.

I probably am more annoyed that anybody here at how slow NA is but what is the alternative. A solo book? In this market?

That is as unrealistic as all hell when characters like Iron Man and Thor can barely maintain sales above 35K.

Other than thowing money at Warren Ellis (which doesn't even get a year of work out of him now) what do you expect Marvel to do?

Listen to the most recent Apperance of Hickman on the word ballon podcast like a month ago

He was upfront about making some mistakes with stuff being to big and heady

I've enjoyed it. But I've heard marvel people soft shoeing infinity...so there is something there they are not happy with. They indicate sales where fine and the book made money.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Other than thowing money at Warren Ellis (which doesn't even get a year of work out of him now) what do you expect Marvel to do?
    I want Marvel to stop waiting. Stop trying to rely on the 32 page comic book that won't get stock in most stores because store owners don't want to sell it and fans who won't touch it because a black guy is on the cover.

How about a 96-120 page trade of a complete BP story that addresses everything folks have asked about. You do 2 a year at $14.99 and be done with it. You now have more options to sell the book outside of the comic book store like Archie and even the IDW cartoon Network/Kaboom books do. I've seen Regular Show, Peanuts and other in trades everywhere.

The issue is not everyone would be open in selling said set of figures. Despite the fact minority figures do the one thing their white counterparts tend not to do-SELL OUT. It's a well know fact among toy collectors to always BUY the POC in any toy line as they are the hardest ones to get. Because they are under-stocked and shipped 5 POC for every 100 figures in any given box.

Why do you think we see so many POC left out of toyline first series? Like Falcon? You got folks who only want HIM from that movie toy line. Miles Morales-let a figure of him being made after he appears in animated form and talks-Peter Parker who? Michael B Jordan as Johnny Storm? Please. Why every attempt to shoot down a Static figure? Look at how much his Subway and even JLU goes for-I lucked out in getting it for under 10 bucks.

And lets face you got a faction of folks who do not want white kids playing with black toys nor do they want a black toy line to outsell the "Icons".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Marvel's mistake was not having a solo BP title to go along with New Avengers. That way we could have gotten more of the BP perspective we need while still seeing him do his thing in NA. If he's that vital to NA, then he needs a solo so that we continue to see things from his perspective. There are no subplots going on with BP other than the Namor business and that has been hanging for some time. There is no BP supporting cast in which to reflect upon. There is no BP rogues gallery that are laying seeds on how to bring down the KoD. All of this should be happening in a Panther solo title.

Batman's success isn't dependent on Justice League. But right now, T'Challa is dependent on NA because that's the only title we get to see him in. They probably should have launched a BP solo during the 2nd wave of Marvel Now.

@BCB. I feel you dude. It seems that all BP fans have done is wait for the next great title or writer. Until Marvel fully commits to have a successful BP title, none of us will be satisfied. At this point, I don't know if that will ever happen. Right now, I'm just indifferent to it all and that's a terrible thing to feel.
    Brotha Marvell2100,

To be quite honest, I believe that the lat BP monthly ongoing penned by David Liss should never have been cancelled in the firt place epecially due to the fact that Mr Liss had more or less incorporated Shuri and Wakanda into the proceedings as well.

I could've seen Hickman and Liss working really well together leading on into Hickman's New Avengers and Infinity event but unfortunately, Marvel's need to facilitate the annulment via AvX probably necessitated the cancellation of David Liss's much more positive and constructive take on Wakanda.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Would anyone be adverse to T'challa dating a Latin or spanish female hero?

I think it would make good marketing sense

On one hand, it wouldn't bother me. One the other, it would remind me of what you occasionally see in Hollywood. Where they'll have a black male lead, but don't want to give him a black girlfriend because that would make it a "black" film and they won't give him a white girl cuz that would be too controversial. So, they try to invent a middle ground and give him a visably latina or asian girl.

I want him to date a Dora or a new character.

Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar

Someone in the last few pages mentioned Mephisto. I would love to see him against him in his newest state. What better spiritual foil for Tchalla could you have?
    U just mad cuz I'm stylin' on ya'
    Militant Anti-Villain
    I'm out here looking for revenge!!
    Spit Dat Kurt Vonnegut...
    The Ghost Militant...
    Black Panther on one shoulder Nighthawk on the other!!!
    Cognitive Dissonance Disseminator

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Brotha Marvell2100,

To be quite honest, I believe that the lat BP monthly ongoing penned by David Liss should never have been cancelled in the firt place epecially due to the fact that Mr Liss had more or less incorporated Shuri and Wakanda into the proceedings as well.

I could've seen Hickman and Liss working really well together leading on into Hickman's New Avengers and Infinity event but unfortunately, Marvel's need to facilitate the annulment via AvX probably necessitated the cancellation of David Liss's much more positive and constructive take on Wakanda.
    Liss's book was canceled because of low sales why wouldn't it have gotten canceled?

Flex why do you keep bring up NA sales when you don't read/buy the book lol
    We need better comics

I do think it's important to remember that Black Panther isn't Batman. Heck, guys like Thor, Iron Man, Captain America and Wolverine aren't Batman and those are characters with multiple movies and decades worth of on-going monthly solo titles under their belts.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see a solo Black Panther title. And I'll wager they will try again sooner or later. But realistically, it would probably be lucky to last 6 issues. That's just the way the present market works. A solo title would be nice... but really Black Panthers life line is a book like New Avengers, which won't be cancelled.
    Last edited by XPac; 07-07-2014 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Panther View Post
    I have a few questions about the King of the Dead thing...
    1) Does he have the opportunity to commune with the previous BP's that he fed to Mephisto? I have been wondering this since he first got the title. Please clarify something.
    2) Does Mephisto absorb/consume souls, collect souls for enslavement or what. Because it appears to me that BP gave him an all you can eat banquet. Unless of course it is not canon or has been retconned. If not this could be an arch unto itself to liberate the souls of the previous BP's.
    3) Since Killmonger, Ross, and Cole have been BP's at one point or another can he or will he eventually be able to commune with them also? Because pulling Erik's skillset alone would up his powerset.
    I think Mephisto couldnt absorb the soul because they belonged to the panther god, thus he never got control of them.

Kill monger may refuse and Cole isnt dead, Liss was gonna mk him the American panther