Page 155 of 5186 FirstFirst ... 551051451511521531541551561571581591652052556551155 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 77781

UltimateTy there's no crying in comic books...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWoD2sQ9LiU

The problem here is maybe (just maybe) one should not have written him having to kill billions of people in the first place to avoid the crybaby syndrome... This is similar to Doomwar and Hell's Kitchen where you wonder why of all the multiple possibilities of stories one would keep choosing those that chump out a character continually!

Let's see here... Drastic decisions that burst you into tears versus fleshing out the rogues gallery and selling toys while Disney has the merchandise stores to do so wholesale!

Hmmmm... Should we go after the money or the Slow Burn character development that keeps Flex who has loads of disposable income from buying the book?

I don't have to buy the books the discussions and the scans alone keep me well informed and also keeps me consistent in that I told you what my own personal demographics are and why I withhold funding... It's up to your sales and marketing department to decide if you want Flex and his thousands of relatives in South Africa to promote this book or not!

If I told you I boycotted Comic-con after going there for five straight years over the lack of Black Panther merchandise even with free tickets offered to me each year that shows how serious I am about it... You know how quickly Comic-con sells out and how hard it is to get tickets and I said adios real quick and have not looked back three years and counting!

Now let's stop crying and get back to fleshing out the Black Panther's rogues gallery with this guy as Achebe... Look at me... Look at me... There's no crying in comic books!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjfMVqL344Y

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sonik View Post
    I admit I had my reservations about the premise of Most Dangerous Man Alive (Abandoning wakanda was the catalyst for Panther's Rage arguably the most arduous period of his life), in the end T'challa was in a pretty good spot in terms of characterization

Attachment 7261
    Most Dangerous Man Alive was where David Liss had started to come into his own as a Black Panther scribe so you'll get no complaints from me there.

It was the Man Without Fear arc that I had a serios problem with.

I want T'Challa to be a real king again, taking no shorts and no prisoners.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by StormXPantherQueenSaga View Post
    I am very miff on the whole T'challa situation.
    T'Challa has always been shown to make the hard choice.
    Even when no one else would.
    despite his own feelings he's always done what need to be done.
    doesn't matter if it would make him look like a tyrant, call him a murderer , what was needed to be done got done

so this issue has me cringing very hard.
    almost like a very bad flavor in my mouth that i kinda want to spit out
    The T'Challa i know would have said nothing nor volunteer ,if he was not going to pull the trigger.
    If he said he was going to do it, it would have been done, and he would have lived with the consequence.

for the lack of a better word ,this issue of NA21 was a bitchout T'Challa.
    I don't like him, plz get him out of my face.
    It's funny how Hickman had T'Challa's battle with Black Dwarf off panel but had no problem displaying the same character crying like a punk on panel.

And cats are wondering why I've totally lost faith in Hickman's supposed commitment to doing right by T'Challa's character.

We kept on making excuses for Maberry too, believing everything he said he was going to do in Doomwar almost up until the end of that event when it was proven that he wasn't going to deliver the story he'd decieved heads into believing he would.

All the excuses of editorial interference were proffered by Maberry defenders back then until it was revealed that there was ZERO editorial interference on Doomwar as Maberry in his own words, confirmed that he'd been given free reign to craft a story centered around Dr Doom with T'Challa, Ororo and Shuri playing backup feature in a book that should have been all about T'Challa getting revenge on Doom for bringing destruction to Wakanda, humiliating his wife and killing Uncle Syan.

Those were decisions that Maberry made himself and as we can see today, the shadow that Maberry cast over the BP mythos is quite long indeed.

Now, post AvX, the same excuses are being made in favour of Jonathan Hickman all because he portrayed T'Challa well in NA#1.

The fact that T'Challa swept the deaths of three of Wakanda's brightest students under the carpet by not revealing same to his sister was one of the earliest indicators of Hickman scripted character failures that should have given us a clearer idea as to what was to come but unfortunately, FLEX was one of the only posters who accurately pointed this out at the time whilst others shouted him down and referred to the slain Wakandan youths as being mere faceless cannon-fodder.

Despite this, most of us looked forward to seeing what this KOTD business was all about only to read a full TWENTY ONE frak'ing issues of the book with no bloody explanation as to what T'Challa's actual abilities are other than to see him stalemated by a Batman analogue and then crying like a beeotch.

If this is Hickman's idea of compelling character building then he might as well kill T'Challa's character off, decimate Wakanda once again and go on about his business.

I don't settle for scraps.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I want T'Challa to be a real king again, taking no shorts and no prisoners.
    I have no problem with the current ruler of Wakanda who actually stands with her people and does what she says she's going to do.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    The T'challa you know never had decide whether or not to kill billions of people. He has never had to make a choice like that.

So his reaction here is not surprising especially for a superhero.

looks like Flex is bringing up sales for a book he's not reading or buying again *sighs*
    Again, I'm good with T'challa not committing planetary genocide and killing off billions of innocent people, like he has the right to make the decision. He would have never lived that down. You are right, T'challa we know has never been faced with a situation this dire, so i'm not sure why folks continue to bring it up. It can go either way. Hickman drops the ball on the pay off or not. The story isn't over and nothing at this point is damaging--than anything else that has occurred in the characters history. If he doesn't deliver then it will be damaging. But that is no different than any story with there is a lack of pay off.

If you are reader and you can't take a story like this, then maybe it's time to move on from Marvel comics. This is their style, see stuff like "Born Again"--they will always go back to deconstructing a character. All main characters get deconstructed. Replaced/depowered over and over, rinse and repeat. Maybe D.C or Indy is a better fit. :shrugs:
    SO LET THIS BE A LESSON. LEARN. YOUR. PLACE. - Prince Freeman

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    I have no problem with the current ruler of Wakanda who actually stands with her people and does what she says she's going to do.
    Hickman is also the one writing her. So he's doing something right in your eyes.

I like what he's doing with both characters. T'challa is in a situation that calls for out of character moments because of the scope. it's a high cosmic threat that really none of these men should even be involved in. They are out of their league. Hickman seems to be trying to "fix" some complaints about T'challa that have held him back in nonfans eyes as far as emotion and flaws go. Did it need fixed in our eyes? ofcourse not, but I can see why he's doing it since T'challa is on the biggest stage comics wise that he's ever been and front and center of THE MOST IMPORTANT book/issue in marvel. That's nothing we as fans of the Wakandan mythos can complain about given our past gripes. It's the exposure we've wanted. We've gotten thanos IN Wakanda, the Necropolis (adds depth to wakanda), exposure to past panthers (that alone is worth the KOTD power up imo and I doubt they'll stay gone). And now the best rivalry in comics with Namor and T'challa.

I personally couldn't be happier.

and Flex 40,000 > the 18,000 that a non connected solo was pulling.
    Last edited by Ekie; 08-03-2014 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Hickman is also the one writing her. So he's doing something right in your eyes.

I like what he's doing with both characters. T'challa is in a situation that calls for out of character moments because of the scope. it's a high cosmic threat that really none of these men should even be involved in. They are out of their league. Hickman seems to be trying to "fix" some complaints about T'challa that have held him back in nonfans eyes as far as emotion and flaws go. Did it need fixed in our eyes? ofcourse not, but I can see why he's doing it since T'challa is on the biggest stage comics wise that he's ever been and front and center of THE MOST IMPORTANT book/issue in marvel. That's nothing we as fans of the Wakandan mythos cant complain about. It's the exposure we've wanted. We've gotten thanos IN Wakanda, the Necropolis (adds depth to wakanda), exposure to past panthers (that alone is worth the KOTD power up imo and I doubt they'll stay gone). And now the best rivalry in comics with Namor and T'challa.

I personally couldn't be happier.

and Flex 40,000 > the 18,000 that a non connected solo was pulling.

Agreed. T'challa running around curb stomping everything and not facing a threat that really challenges him would be boring for the majority of fans. It doesn't leave any shot for a big pay off. Sure there are some fans who like what I just mentioned, but to most fans it's not really something that is good. I like my hero challenged and I don't mind deconstructing as long as there is a good pay off and he's rebuilt.

Everything you mentioned is spot on. Wakanda is finally getting the same sort of use as places like Asgard. Hickman could have easily went default NYC or Atlantis, or something. They will not all be positive.

Is anyone even asking the right questions? What if the incursions isn't about survival? Remember Bast said the salvation of your people is his task. Killing a planet of innocent people would never give salvation.

And no one else is checking for Shuri. Hickman is THE ONLY WRITER using her at all. Most others are not using her and there is NOTHING stopping them.

Well that's not really true. Or at least not necessarily. Assuming he wasn't bluffing, which is hard to judge the panther of vol3 walked a dangerously fine line considering Storm's fears of him "becoming just like Magnus.". The situation becomes similar but has a profound difference in Logistics

*edit for illegible pic

Last edited by Sonik; 08-03-2014 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonik View Post
    Well that's not really true. Or at least not necessarily. Assuming he wasn't bluffing, which is hard to judge the panther of vol3 walked a dangerously fine line considering Storm's fears of him "becoming just like Magnus.". The situation becomes similar but has a profound difference in Logistics

Attachment 7273
    It's hard to tell now, but the whole "T'chaka's Mercy" part of the story could pave the way back to T'challa walking that line again. I could see him being haunted by T'chaka's words in tandem with Namor's actions. "Time runs out" will give some insight on his direction.

Regardless, one way or another...

Hickman is going to ruin T'challa for good or have him rise to a place he hasn't been before.

Definitely at a cross roads with T'challa. We will see how much Hickman likes the character.

Unless Hickman is all talk in interviews and on panel... I think t'challa is about to rise to a place we haven't seen him before. I have faith, probably too much, that by the time Hickman is done, T'challa is going to be one of THE premier heroes in the MCU.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I'm glad T'Challa didn't destroy an inhabited planet. That would have been nothing to cheer about. While it may have to be done in the future and it comes down to a choice between our Earth and another, I don't want him to be the one who tarnishes his soul with that decision.

I think this needs reposted. Hickman is playing a very, very long game here. There is literally no reason for him to drop hints like this WAY back in his F4/FF run if he wasn't planning on delivering. Dude was laying the seeds for his Avengers run years ago..

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

That day is now.

(and if Bast wanted T'challa to pull the trigger... she would have just went to Shuri instead. Bast knows T'challa is different. He was chosen because he WOULDN'T pull the trigger)

I just realized, why was Beast suddenly uncomfortable with pushing the button? Didn't he already take out an entire world back in Astonishing X-Men?