Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If they knew the opponents they were facing, they probably would have had it on beforehand. But they didn't, but at least weread prepared for the possibility.

I think the point being he was ready for the possibility.
    That's why you have it on because you don't know what you're going to face. He should have learned that from Fautus and Zenzi by now. That's called preparing beforehand. If Zenzi's powers are empathic then they are psionic in nature. How else would they affect his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    I was kinda with them on the first page. Second page, I was cringing, that came with a very uncomfortable lol. I knew they missed the point just by talking to you guys. By the end I was rolling my eyes so fuckin hard. They tried that!
    That just shows you that the author of the article doesn't understand the issues that many BP fans have with Coates. He thinks we're all action junkies looking for a quick fix. We want stories of Afro-futurism with an African nation with a proud heritage and the tech and might to do great things. Instead we get Third World country and a third rate BP.

Priest had T'Challa involved in many socio-political stories where he had to out think his opponent and not just punch them out. Coates hasn't done either of those things.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    That's why you have it on because you don't know what you're going to face. He should have learned that from Fautus and Zenzi by now. That's called preparing beforehand. If Zenzi's powers are empathic then they are psionic in nature. How else would they affect his mind.
    Again, T'Challa seemed to conclude her powers weren't telepathic after confronting her. So whatever it is, telepathic defenses don't seem to work.

Again, T'Challa seemed to conclude her powers weren't telepathic after confronting her. So whatever it is, telepathic defenses don't seem to work.
    Then Coates should have defined how her powers work. If it isn't psionic in nature then it's pheromone-based which T'Challa's heightened senses would have detected. This lack of effort on Coates part of defining the abilities of the characters he's introducing only hurts whatever it is he's trying to do. No, I take it back. It only hurts T'Challa because now you've taken one of T'Challa's greatest abilities and practically made it worthless.

Incredible Member

Then they're useless in the end if they are going to last only a short period of time.
    Is a cell phone useless because the battery dies from using it to make calls or is the Enterprise worthless because it's shields can't take too many direct hits? If it was a protracted battle they may have been in trouble but they made short work of the Anasi Men after.

Unrelated but I was really liking the monster designs but something was off with the Anasi Men idk I was thinking more Man-Spider I guess

Quote Originally Posted by C_haos View Post
    Is a cell phone useless because the battery dies from using it to make calls or is the Enterprise worthless because it's shields can't take too many direct hits? If it was a protracted battle they may have been in trouble but they made short work of the Anasi Men after.

Unrelated but I was really liking the monster designs but something was off with the Anasi Men idk I was thinking more Man-Spider I guess
    If you can't make any more calls and the enemy is still attacking then yes it's useless.

Then Coates should have defined how her powers work. If it isn't psionic in nature then it's pheromone-based which T'Challa's heightened senses would have detected. This lack of effort on Coates part of defining the abilities of the characters he's introducing only hurts whatever it is he's trying to do. No, I take it back. It only hurts T'Challa because now you've taken one of T'Challa's greatest abilities and practically made it worthless.
    He left it vague so the we couldn't reason that the rebellion was mind control which would allow us to dismiss it.

Unless it is chemicals the only way her powers work is psionic. Like Deanna Troi except Zenzi can applify the emotion. The tech should make you like Data with her unable to influence you.

BANNED

I don't necessarily think that Wakamda needs to settle Amy scores with the X-men at this point. The only X-men really responsible for that was Namor, who really isn't an X-men anymore. And Wakanda did destroy Atlantis already.

I don't there's anything left to be gained by more fighting at this point.
    That's your opinion.

To date, Emma Frosts hand in Namor's genocidal attack on Wakanda has never been addressed.

Coates is so enamoured of foisting X-men tropes onto the BP mythos so maybe he can take a look at that particular story beat.

T'Challa is one of the only characters in the MU who's expected to turn the other cheek and even thank his enemies for teaching him a lesson.

No other character is expected to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    He left it vague so the we couldn't reason that the rebellion was mind control which would allow us to dismiss it.

Unless it is chemicals the only way her powers work is psionic. Like Deanna Troi except Zenzi can applify the emotion. The tech should make you like Data with her unable to influence you.
    That would make his house of cards of a comic book just fall apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    That's your opinion.

To date, Emma Frosts hand in Namor's genocidal attack on Wakanda has never been addressed.

Coates is so enamoured of foisting X-men tropes onto the BP mythos so maybe he can take a look at that particular story beat.

T'Challa is one of the only characters in the MU who's expected to turn the other cheek and even thank his enemies for teaching him a lesson.

No other character is expected to do that.
    No payback for T'Challa my bro.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I'm glad for Storm that Coates writes her well. I hope that is a trend that continues not just for Storm and not just here but by other writer in other titles. But let's not forget that Hudlin wrote them well also only to have other writes troll the characters and the marriage. If it isn't written consistently across the board then it really doesn't matter how well Coates does with their relationship because other writers will sabotage the whole thing. It just undermines what he's trying to do to repair their relationship. Once Coates is gone(very soon I hope), where does that leave them? What writer is going to treat their relationship with respect?

As far as being prepared for the psionic attack, why would you have to turn your tech on? Shouldn't it be SOP that the tech is always on so that you have your defenses up? If you have to activate it after the attack, then you might not be lucky enough to survive as we saw many HZ didn't.

Again, that's just poor writing and not understanding why and what makes T'Challa is a prep/strategist master.
    I'm hopeful that since marvel gave him the green light to write her, others will eventually follow suit.

I'm not aware he even had such equipment so I think this was Coates way of highlightinghis ability to of having an answer to all types of scenarios. but I get ur point.

No payback for T'Challa my bro.
    I think Wakanda destroying Atlantis was supposed to be payback for the Atlanteans. But as far as the X-men go, yeah that's probably water under the bridge. NAmor not an X-men anymore. Neither is Emma, if anyone even knows she's in any way involved. So attacking the X-men really is pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I'm hopeful that since marvel gave him the green light to write her, others will eventually follow suit.

I'm not aware he even had such equipment so I think this was Coates way of highlightinghis ability to of having an answer to all types of scenarios. but I get ur point.
    I sincerely hope that Storm gets better treatment. As one of only a handful of Black female superheroes from the big two, it's important that she be handled well, same for Black male characters and all minorities.

And it goes without saying that representation is needed in creative and editorial.

If Coates' answer is to show T'Challa's ability to prep for any situation then he failed because he the tech wasn't used until after the attack. If you have tech that protects you from psionic attack, why wasn't it on before BP and the HZ went to search for the villagers? If the tech is standard gear then it should have been on. If it isn't standard gear then why did T'Challa and the HZ have it with them if they weren't expecting some sort of psychic attack? If we're being objective here it doesn't make sense.

That would make his house of cards of a comic book just fall apart.
    Yet he had done that with Tetu, and Zenzi. They have these vague powersets that don't have a definitive limit (but in a bad way, Zenzi hulking out goons came left field,
    or Tetu needing a full ten seconds to use his power in Which Tchalla should of dropped him in 20 different ways in that time frame) and then he ass pulls their powers when the story deems it, or Worse, he weakens Tchalla to make them seem more dangerous then they actually are.

Tetus roots, Zenzi overpowering him due to her power effecting the heart rather then the mind, BUT in BP wow her power looked more like mind control when she killed the Nigandan soldiers that were going to execute her, and the thugs, YET in BP Crew, they said it looked like the people were possessed...

So three different powers that change depending on the story, again in a bad way. And the fenris twins being able to overload the habit that has withstood blows from Phoenix powered Namor, and stardust... They actually bust the habit with 3 goons with laser guns... And people wonder why BP fans are sick of Coates chumping.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yet he had done that with Tetu, and Zenzi. They have these vague powersets that don't have a definitive limit (but in a bad way, Zenzi hulking out goons came left field,
    or Tetu needing a full ten seconds to use his power in Which Tchalla should of dropped him in 20 different ways in that time frame) and then he ass pulls their powers when the story deems it, or Worse, he weakens Tchalla to make them seem more dangerous then they actually are.

Tetus roots, Zenzi overpowering him due to her power effecting the heart rather then the mind, BUT in BP wow her power looked more like mind control when she killed the Nigandan soldiers that were going to execute her, and the thugs, YET in BP Crew, they said it looked like the people were possessed...

So three different powers that change depending on the story, again in a bad way. And the fenris twins being able to overload the habit that has withstood blows from Phoenix powered Namor, and stardust... They actually bust the habit with 3 goons with laser guns... And people wonder why BP fans are sick of Coates chumping.
    We just griping bro cause there aint no wham! bap! boom! in the book.

Coates' story is just too deep for us.