Spectacular Member

Someone throw in in Emma Frost, Monet St Croix and Kitty into the next pool of names for me incase I miss the next love interest discussion.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phumgano View Post
    Someone throw in in Emma Frost, Monet St Croix and Kitty into the next pool of names for me incase I miss the next love interest discussion.
    Go one better and throw in Jean Grey. What in the whole fuck?

Quote Originally Posted by phumgano View Post
    In a word. Y U C K

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I wouldn't say they were jobbed per say... but by Secret Wars they were beaten pretty quickly and in some instances completely off panel. I won't say they're not still formitable, but any aura they might have initially had is pretty much gone.

In part I think it's a case of the characters creators not being around to really protect them. But even Hickman basically had COrvus and Proxima beaten and captured off panel in Secret Wars.

But there's still time to build them back up again I suppose. Hopefully they do because they were a fun group.
    That was an Issue of Hickman running out of time and rushed the whole thing because there was too much backround noise, the whole black cabal was jobbed, Thanos included.

Avengers no surrender however is bringing them back so there is a chance that they can be built up to a formidable threat again.

Does anyone know if the new Avengers series is going to have a beer roster? Preferably one similar to JAs 1 Mil bc Avengers? Or was that just thrown out for shits and giggles

Also, in the spirit of Halloween I decided to make a Black Panther themed pumpkin

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Also, in the spirit of Halloween I decided to make a Black Panther themed pumpkin

I love it! You should make more.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    For starters? I think she should apologize for putting the X-Men before her marriage, most notably, Cyclops. I remember someone posting a scan where Storm tells T'Challa not to "blame Scott." That sounds to me like BP already felt like her loyalty to him was secondary to her loyalties to Scott. Her characterization during that period certainly supports that thinking. Storm chose Cyclops at every turn. The fact that she chose to follow Cyclops or Wolverine and not form her own faction was very problematic. To say the least. It could be viewed that she chose to run back to the X-men to be closer to Scott. I'm just saying... what did the X-Men really have to offer her other than being Cyclops' lackey or Emma's whipping toy? So she left her husband's side to be around people that didn't respect him or her decision to marry him. This all happens in the pages of Astonishing, the book where she makes her "triumphant" return to the X-fold under Warren Ellis. This is the same writer that had her flirting with Cyclops in the kitchen while wearing nothing but a towel. And he also has Wolverine calling Storm and her husband terrible people because "all African heads of state are all the same." And this was set before we get anywhere close to AvX. As we get closer that disaster of an event, we have Storm constantly choosing Cyclops again. She chose his side in schism. She chose to stay with him in Gillen's X-tinction team. It's even weirder because she says she wanted to go with Wolverine, but she chose Cyclops anyway? She may have said she was angry with Scott or disapproved of his actions. But by her own actions she showed way, way, way more loyalty to him than she did her own husband. If we really analyze her behavior, her affair with Wolverine was as much about Cyclops as it was about T'Challa. Cause, peep game, when AvX finally hit she chose the X-Men (Cyclops by default) over BP AGAIN. I honestly feel she was broken hearted that BP annulled their marriage. But I think that she was even more hurt that her decisions could be interpreted as her being in love with Scott more than her husband. Her coming to that realization, I feel, is the root cause for her distaste for Cyclops. She sees him and she's reminded that she showed him the loyalty a wife shows her husband. Storm was very much a factor in the annulment of her marriage.
    1. Put Cyclops before the marriage? No, no. That was the whole thing behind Xmen World Aparts, her choosing the Xmen or Tchalla/ Wakanda:

She explained that she doesn't have to choose between either because she will protect those who she loves. So this goes against that argument she chose Cyclops at every turn because he felt as though she was choosing Wakanda over the xmen.

2. Making commentary about African heads of state though bad, I'm certain Wakanda wasn't grouped in those countries known for corruption seeing it's the world's most technological advanced nation. And Cyclops was with Emma at that time. "Flirting", though wrong, was not something he was aware of and why apologize for something he never knew occurred? also I never read that xmen because it was very bizarre and almost read like it wasn't canon, so I would need to see the scans to see what the context was behind the "flirting". that said, she was aware of the chamber he made specifically to imprison her. she was the recipient of the verbal abuse when she chose to do things that he asked her not to do like follow him to hells kitchen. those are things that require an apology and not the things you mentioned, which btw he was not even aware occurred.

3. When did storm not stand by bp side other than avx? As storm pointed out in WAP:

she wasn't an exclusive resident of wakanda and she should have never been expected to be solely with Wakanda, especially if her friends were in danger. so her deciding to help the xmen when they needed her shouldn't have been an issue.

4. I'm not seeing all these times Storm chose Cyclops over BP. She was there to help him when he almost died, she was there when the planet got invaded by skrulls, she was there for him when they traveled different dimensions with the golden frogs, she was there to council Shuri when she didn't think she was capable of taking the BP mantle, she was there when Wakanda was experiencing an awful drought, there for him doing doomwar, there for him during the superhuman registration act, there for him even when he asked her not to be when he was in hells kitchen, and it goes on and on. In fact many on the xside argued she wasn't there when mutants needed her such as when mutants were depowered. it seems she was being held to unrealistic standard in which she would fail no matter what she did.

5. I love you BB but i don't agree she was more loyal to Cyclops than her own husband. She worked between both being a queen and xmen but she was always there when tchalla need her, and in some of those instances her being there saved his life. her choosing to help the xmen during avx was not her choosing Cyclops over tchalla but it was her being where she felt she could be the most help. the truth remains the xmen were more experienced with the Phoenix and the avengers (including tchalla) efforts resulted in the Phoenix 5 which led to more problems had they simply attempted to work with the xmen instead of the surprise attack on utopia, which he did without letting his wife know. so all in all I disagree with the sentiment she owes him an apology because she chose to be with the xmen sometimes during the time they were married. she has no limits she can do it all, and she did.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-23-2017 at 10:13 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

That is very cute!! good job!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    Go one better and throw in Jean Grey. What in the whole fuck?
    How could I forget her?

Actually, you know what, throw in Magik, Psylocke and Rogue too. T'challa could actually touch Rogue if he does that thing that he did to Ororo in AVX. That one event where Ororo and T'challa were acting in character.

(I'm running out of X-woman here, I'm going to need some help in a bit. Is Magik even 21?)

BANNED

Cyclops calling Ororo's loyalty to the X-men into question in relation to her being Queen of Wakanda, was just another sly dig at her marriage and relationship to Wakanda by another X-writer furthermore illustrated why I would prefer the X-books and their insipid drama as far away from the BP mythos as possible.

A sensible writer would have used Worlds Apart as an opportunity to make the X-verse less insular as well as in the process opened up more avenues for entertaining stories featuring the X-Men and T'Challa working together harmoniously.

Instead it was divisive business as usual which seems to be the staple whenever the X-verse collides with the rest of the shared universe MU.
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 10-23-2017 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I like my idea better. LOL But I would have no problem if yours happens instead. Though I do think the best kind of villain is one you kinda agree with, so we agree there. I'm just of the mind Klaw will be betray Erik not the other way around.

It all boils down to who signed up for what kind of contract though. Right now my Google-fu isn't turning up anything for either actor (Jordan or Serkis) so its hard to say.

But half the fun is speculating on what will happen. Shows the buzz is great. May the best idea win my friend.
    Ha ha cool. Yeah, it's great speculating but one thing I do know. This film is going to be lit. The amount of interest I'm seeing from different countries/communities is amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Cyclops calling Ororo's loyalty into question guess to her being Queen of Wakanda, was just another sly dug at her marriage and relationship to Wakanda by another X-writer furthermore illustrating why I would prefer the X-books and their insipid drama as far away from the BP mythos as possible.
    this narrative the xoffices never showed black panther love is false:

also by the end of the world apart story both Cyclops and tchalla were joking and laughing with each other.

Nice EZ!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Cyclops calling Ororo's loyalty to the X-men into question in relation to her being Queen of Wakanda, was just another sly dig at her marriage and relationship to Wakanda by another X-writer furthermore illustrated why I would prefer the X-books and their insipid drama as far away from the BP mythos as possible.

A sensible writer would have used Worlds Apart as an opportunity to make the X-verse less insular as well as in the process opened up more avenues for entertaining stories featuring the X-Men and T'Challa working together harmoniously.

Instead it was divisive business as usual which seems to be the staple whenever the X-verse collides with the rest of the shared universe MU.

This

It’s why I don’t like the revelation of Cable/Fabio as a cast member in Miles’s comic and Young Cyclops in Champions. Folks have been praising that Iceman mentioned he liked the new Champions twice now and all that means is the x-writers are getting the shovel ready

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    this narrative the xoffices never showed black panther love is false:

also by the end of the world apart story both Cyclops and tchalla were joking and laughing with each other.
    You're of course entitled to your opinion but at the end of the day, a few posted panels does not make up for the multitudinous level of shade thrown towards T'Challa and Ororo's marriage by the X-Office.

Reginald Hudlin at least, had the common decency to have both Namor and Logan actively involved in T'Challa's bachelor party/stag do in a manner that was both classy and respectful to all characters involved.

Contrast that against the aforementioned X-Office using both Namor and Logan to chump T'Challa out during Age of X, AvX and the aftermath of AvX.

Nothing remotely false about that at all.

Peace.