Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Personally I'm not a fan because it came out of nowhere lol but it could be added. I would just be careful about added too much gear to him maybe it could function that he can use it when he uses the KotD power to keep those unique
    What if we brought back Mayberrys' protection tattoos as a fail-safe against magic by turning it into a cuneiform that protected himself and WK tech(prowlers and battleships). It would be a combo of tech and magic.

I dont mind the spear, but it would be cool if it was able to transform into daggers, swords, shields, and a crossbow.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    What if we brought back Mayberrys' protection tattoos as a fail-safe against magic by turning it into a cuneiform that protected himself and WK tech(prowlers and battleships). It would be a combo of tech and magic.

I dont mind the spear, but it would be cool if it was able to transform into daggers, swords, shields, and a crossbow.
    I guess the spear works, because it gives him a magial option. T'Challa seems to rely on tech more than magic 90% of the time, so it's a nice reminder that magic is a card he can occasionally play as well.

I guess I saw it as more so it's not just readily available and gives him a "new attack" when he entered the KotD form and keeps his arsenal from getting too big

I guess I saw it as more so it's not just readily available and gives him a "new attack" when he entered the KotD form and keeps his arsenal from getting too big
    His arsenal never gets too big because most BP writers, Coates included, largely ignores the gear the previous writer introduced.

Though I like the idea of him having at least one magical piece of gear in principal, I do agree that he needs to develop standard gear rather than writers constantly piling on new stuff and pushing the previous stuff by the wayside. It's unfortunate that BP writers can't seem to quite get on the same page about this sort of thing with the character.

I was thinking as a last resort. His Super Saiyan or Gear 4. He wouldn't be able to use it long because it would drain his stamina.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'm surprised that M'Baku and Killmonger haven't thrown down, given their diametrically opposing views. Killmonger wants to westernize and modernize Wakanda, while M'Baku wants to reject technology and return to the old ways. Them together in a story would be interesting.
    I think the only time they all shared panel time together is in Priest run

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    His arsenal never gets too big because most BP writers, Coates included, largely ignores the gear the previous writer introduced.

Though I like the idea of him having at least one magical piece of gear in principal, I do agree that he needs to develop standard gear rather than writers constantly piling on new stuff and pushing the previous stuff by the wayside. It's unfortunate that BP writers can't seem to quite get on the same page about this sort of thing with the character.
    I view it as BP always upgrading his gear becoming more effective. I feel like other than the suit everything else is changeable

BANNED

T'Challa much like 99.9% of weaponed characters within the MU needs his own unique signature weapons that are specific to his personal mythos.

It's really that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by C_haos View Post
    I view it as BP always upgrading his gear becoming more effective. I feel like other than the suit everything else is changeable
    I think it's a problem of proper branding more than anything else.

If you want little kids to buy energy daggers at Walmart on Halloween, he needs to constantly use energy daggers in the comics. They won't bother making thrice blessed armor action figures if it hasn't appeared for like a decade and a half in the comics. Some degree of evolution in his gear is understandable, but ultimately if nothing is fixed he doesn't get any traction.

Priests gear IMO should have just stayed as is. Yeah, add some tweaks or whatever but you don't need to reinvent the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    T'Challa much like 99.9% of weaponed characters within the MU needs his own unique signature weapons that are specific to his personal mythos.

It's really that simple.
    Hudlin gave him the Ebony Blade for a minute..

Honestly for BP I think his mind is the weapon and that’s been pretty consistent across all of his solo runs except unfortunately the latest...

I was thinking as a last resort. His Super Saiyan or Gear 4. He wouldn't be able to use it long because it would drain his stamina.
    That is what I was getting at in an earlier post. KotD is a power he can use not to summon an army of previous BPs like some RoTK knockoff, but actually empowers himself,
    it's something that requires prep to do and it's physically, mentally and spiritually draining. As he uses the KotD power he has access to the spirit spear. Otherwise his uses his standard tech I also mentioned in an earlier post, when combatting opponents

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggiyy View Post
    Hudlin gave him the Ebony Blade for a minute..

Honestly for BP I think his mind is the weapon and that’s been pretty consistent across all of his solo runs except unfortunately the latest...
    That's what I didn't like about him getting the ebony blade. He used someone else's signature weapon. He needed his own stuff.

His mind is his weapon, but his gear should be a reflection of that.

Spider-Man with BP on the cover comes out this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post

It's really that simple.
    Priest did it.

Even Maberry.

Nothing ever carries over.

Here's another idea I would have for a Black Panther series again deepening more into the Africaness of Wakanda/Black Panther mythos. This time I would focus on African gods which Marvel hardly gives any promotion to(and Marvel has many African gods). I know I did mention African gods from Egypt like Seth but this time NON-Egyptian gods. Like I said in my prior post I would have the African Union set in Wakanda and Wakanda being the superpower of Africa.

Because of that(don't know if this would be controversial) many around the continent convert to worshiping the Panther God Bast(especially after she defeated Seth) because they believe by worshiping her that they and their country will gain the same prosperity as Wakanda. This sets a big foreshadow of threats to come. Why? Because it angers the other gods of the continent who already lost much of their influence. But most of all it angers Ogun the Orisha god of WAR.

This would be a small arc. Because its just to develop the African gods and show how powerful they are. I would make Ogun the Black Panther's biggest villian. He would be like Black Panther's Surtur or Darkseid. I would have T'Challa and the people of Wakanda battle his avatars. T'Challa would fight one of his avatars who is angered with the great influence Wakanda has on Africa. This avatar T'Challa fights would be powerful but not superpowerful that T'Challa can not defeat him because T'Challa would manage to in the end.

After that avatar is defeated, Ogun plans to crush Wakanda itself and become the only god of Africa but soon the rest of the world. Would I would do is introduce THOR(I know it may be over the top) and Dr Strange because they claim Ogun would be unsettling the natural balance of things. Bast would jump in too(like she did against Seth), however she would rally the other African gods behind her to defeat Ogun. While Ogun and the other gods battle it out(their fight effecting multiple realities), T'Challa and Dr Strange plan on using some type of magic that would trap Ogun for good before its too late. They use the plan with the aid of Thor, Bast and the other gods and it works. Everything is restored. However, Dr Strange warns to T'Challa that there are still some more rogue gods and that they will have to be prepared for future threats.

Again I know this is over the top a bit, but I feel this would greatly expand the Black Panther religious mythos(especially by having Thor and Strange appear) and develop the African gods in Marvel.