Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I'm not just talking about this one instance. There are alot of things you downplay to "basically 3 people on the internet" and whether it's addressing haters or fans who have legitimate issue's with a certain writer's portrayal of characters you are very quick to downplay
    There are certain issues I would consider legitimate concerns ... this just isn't one of them.

Again, it's people who haven't even seen the movie making the assumption the movie is overly political based on what ... the trailer? Yeah, it's criticism I frankly don't consider all that legitimate so I'll downplay it. Not trying to be mean about it or anything, just saying ....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    There are certain issues I would consider legitimate concerns ... this just isn't one of them.

Again, it's people who haven't even seen the movie making the assumption the movie is overly political based on what ... the trailer? Yeah, it's criticism I frankly don't consider all that legitimate so I'll downplay it. Not trying to be mean about it or anything, just saying ....

You’re downplaying people using coded words to cover up their bs logic and just straight up racism, do that long enough and suddenly you’re saying things like “is it ok to punch a nazi?”........oh wait people have said that

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    You’re downplaying people using coded words to cover up their bs logic and just straight up racism, do that long enough and suddenly you’re saying things like “is it ok to punch a nazi?”........oh wait people have said that
    The fact that it's bs logic is pretty much why I'm downplaying it. Like I said, it's just a bunch of guys on twitter or whatever baiting.

Unless their numbers are to the degree that it threatens the success of the movie, there's not a whole for me therwas to actually care about.

I was looking at the jewelry line https://www.douriean.com/blackpantherjewelry and I think we can translate the Wakandan Script. It looks like the jewelry is engraved with "Wakanda Forever." Looking at the mask now.

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    I was looking at the jewelry line https://www.douriean.com/blackpantherjewelry and I think we can translate the Wakandan Script. It looks like the jewelry is engraved with "Wakanda Forever." Looking at the mask now.
    $166 for the panther mask hat?

This *&^$ looks tough.

BANNED

The fact that it's bs logic is pretty much why I'm downplaying it. Like I said, it's just a bunch of guys on twitter or whatever baiting.

Unless their numbers are to the degree that it threatens the success of the movie, there's not a whole for me therwas to actually care about.

Re-read the last part of what I said as you continue to downplay this, you reap what you sow

Time to find the other standees and posters. I have half of the alphabet now but most of the vowels now.
    Attachment 60079

Update with the throne words:
    Attachment 60081
    Last edited by robreedwrites; 12-29-2017 at 04:21 PM.

People downplayed Trump and look what they got. It's more than just 3-4 people on the internet.

Time to find the other standees and posters. I have half of the alphabet now but most of the vowels now.
    Attachment 60079
    That looks sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I'm not just talking about this one instance. There are alot of things you downplay to "basically 3 people on the internet" and whether it's addressing haters or fans who have legitimate issue's with a certain writer's portrayal of characters you are very quick to downplay

Knowledge....
    Last edited by 4sake Baned; 12-29-2017 at 05:08 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I've seen a lot of complaints about the Sunspot casting on the New Mutants thread.
    I have seen it too here and on other websites.

Yet it gets defended and the complainers get attacked with "why do you care about his skin tone so much? It's really about the ACTOR."

Generally lead by folks who have gone HAM over Michael B Jordan in Fantastic Four. John Boyea in Star Wars until Finn became a JOKE.

Folks who can do the racism gymnastics to cherry pick rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    $166 for the panther mask hat?

453 for that necklace... It looks lit though.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I have seen it too here and on other websites.

Yet it gets defended and the complainers get attacked with "why do you care about his skin tone so much? It's really about the ACTOR."

Generally lead by folks who have gone HAM over Michael B Jordan in Fantastic Four. John Boyea in Star Wars until Finn became a JOKE.

Folks who can do the racism gymnastics to cherry pick rage.
    Hmmm... so the people defending Sunspot are also the ones attacking Jordans Human Torch? Weird. I wonder if the people defending Jordan are also the ones attacking Sunspot.

Ultimately though, in MOST cases I do think race spending characters from one medium to another usually doesn't make a difference. Obviously there are exceptions... we can't have an Asian Black Panther for example. But stuff like a black Heimdal or an Asian Colleen Wing seemed pretty harmless. Heck, in Colleens case it was probably an improvement. Jordan was probably the best part of the FF movie. For marvel in particular, I think the casting people know what they are doing. We'll see if that applies to Fox.

Invincible Member

Hmmm... so the people defending Sunspot are also the ones attacking Jordans Human Torch? Weird. I wonder if the people defending Jordan are also the ones attacking Sunspot.

Ultimately though, in MOST cases I do think race spending characters from one medium to another usually doesn't make a difference. Obviously there are exceptions... we can't have an Asian Black Panther for example. But stuff like a black Heimdal or an Asian Colleen Wing seemed pretty harmless. Heck, in Colleens case it was probably an improvement. Jordan was probably the best part of the FF movie. For marvel in particular, I think the casting people know what they are doing. We'll see if that applies to Fox.
    Colleen is actually supposed to be part Japanese, but some artists weren't always able to pull it off so a number of people ( my younger self included) thought that she was just white.