Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    Happy New Year Everyone!

Has anybody purchased or read the Black Panther The Ultimate Guide book? I was looking through it the other day at the comic store. I was originally going to purchase it, but after reading through it, it appears to lean very heavy on the Coates run (mentions the nonsense about Wakanda stealing the land from Niganda). I was disappointed.

Interested to hear others thoughts on the book. Has anyone who is not a fan of Coates run purchased the book and enjoyed it?
    Your comic store got it early? Its not supposed to come out until tomorrow. The complete publication history is out at Barnes and Noble.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Your comic store got it early? Its not supposed to come out until tomorrow. The complete publication history is out at Barnes and Noble.
    Yeah, I was surprised to see it.They also had the complete Liss run and panther's quest tpb.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    That must be what I saw in B&N

Ultimate Member

How the hell is it that Okoye's been missing so damn long, when the Doras have exploded like locusts?

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

Nice finds. I'm excited for this film and I look forward to its release.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Glad to see that there's a lot of merchandise coming out with BP.

Black Panther winning...

Well...Nation Under Our Feet is mentioned. Coates version of Shuri is chiefly on display. Changamire has a whole section deveoted to him, more than Ross & S'yan. Everyone should read it for themselves first. This was my take when I read through it.
    Lol that's terrible. People need to get off Coates coolaid. They are making him something he's not

Well...Nation Under Our Feet is mentioned. Coates version of Shuri is chiefly on display. Changamire has a whole section deveoted to him, more than Ross & S'yan. Everyone should read it for themselves first. This was my take when I read through it.
    Well I know for sure I’m not getting that guide now. Especially since Changamire’s stupid ass now has a section to himself. Ugh.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Not having read it, I suspect the book would support the current run because it's the current run. Ideally I think they would want people who read the guide book to them go out and read the solo book. And a guide book getting people up to speed with the current run would facilitate that. Not saying older stuff should be ignored or anything like that ... just saying there are obvious reasons they would want to generate interest in the current run. That's just common sense.

Ultimate Member

I finally got my first movie figures! Nakia and Namor (just for the build a figure parts).

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Not having read it, I suspect the book would support the current run because it's the current run. Ideally I think they would want people who read the guide book to them go out and read the solo book. And a guide book getting people up to speed with the current run would facilitate that. Not saying older stuff should be ignored or anything like that ... just saying there are obvious reasons they would want to generate interest in the current run. That's just common sense.
    The guide is to talk about everything BP, not turn it into an ad for the current run. It's also supposed to get people interested in previous runs to

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    The guide is to talk about everything BP, not turn it into an ad for the current run. It's also supposed to get people interested in previous runs to
    Sure. Like I said, I'm not saying the older stuff should be ignored. And if the guide did in fact ignore the previous runs that certainly would suck. But again there are obvious reasons to want to promote the current run. Again that's just common sense.
    Last edited by XPac; 01-01-2018 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Sure. Like I said, I'm not saying the older stuff should be ignored. And if the guide did in fact ignore the previous runs that certainly would suck. But again there are obvious reasons to want to promote the current run. Again that's just common sense.
    It's not a promo book, it's a guide to everything BP. In fact Coates stuff should be on the smaller spectrum because priest and hudlin did the majority of the heavy lifting

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I guess with sales falling like they are, they're trying to draw interest in Coates.

But like you said, if it's supposed to be the ultimate guide to BP, then it's supposed to encompass all BP writers and not just the flavor of the month.