Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Cosigns. writers can tell us more about the arcs that they have created themselves personally. But as fans of the characters in Tire runs writers can tell us more about the arcs that they have created themselves personally. But as fans of the characters entire history, they don't know more. Especially true in the case coats.

Are you gonna proclaim Coats knows more about Captain America then y fan suddenly?
    This post doesn't even make sense. How does anything you've said here relate to my point about Priest?

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Testing testing 1, 2, 3...

In light of the success of Black Panther at the box-office and some of Coates inspired things making it to the big screen how would you feel about another black intellectual writing the Black Panther comic...

Cornel West perhaps???

(wait for it... wait for it...)
    LMAO! I'll throw money at that even if it was ****. The idea of it alone just makes happy.

In light of the success of Black Panther at the box-office and some of Coates inspired things making it to the big screen how would you feel about another black intellectual writing the Black Panther comic...

Cornel West perhaps???

Dick Gregory if he were still alive.

William Jones. He founded afrofuturisam network
    Last edited by Cville; 02-28-2018 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harsh Lesson View Post
    This post doesn't even make sense. How does anything you've said here relate to my point about Priest?
    I thought Ekie's question was both clear and fair.

It seemed that your argument was that Priest's opinion on Coates' run held more weight than a fan's because Priest had written the character. Ekie's counterargument was that Priest's opinion on his own run would hold more weight than a fan's because he wrote it, but that the same weight wouldn't extend over runs that Priest had no say in. He then asked, since Coates is writing a Cap run this year, does his opinion on prior runs now hold more weight than fans of those runs in your opinion?

Cornel West perhaps???

He'd do a much better job than TNC imo...

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    I thought Ekie's question was both clear and fair.

It seemed that your argument was that Priest's opinion on Coates' run held more weight than a fan's because Priest had written the character. Ekie's counterargument was that Priest's opinion on his own run would hold more weight than a fan's because he wrote it, but that the same weight wouldn't extend over runs that Priest had no say in. He then asked, since Coates is writing a Cap run this year, does his opinion on prior runs now hold more weight than fans of those runs in your opinion?
    The point of contention: Whether or not Coates has a proper grasp of BP.

Evidence that he does: Priest, one of the most prominent contributors to the BP mythos, affirms that he does.

Evidence that he doesn’t? There is none. Just the random opinions of random people, which ultimately, do not weigh as heavily as the opinions of the aforementioned Priest.

The Legend of Muddy Boots continues...

Harsh Lesson since you are ever so defensive of Coates do you think Cornel West would make a better writer on Black Panther?

Cornel seems like a very well versed man on world politics and whatnot...

how many black/white Trade Paperbacks exist of Panther material? There should hopefully be several volumes at this point.

The point of contention: Whether or not Coates has a proper grasp of BP.

Evidence that he does: Priest, one of the most prominent contributors to the BP mythos, affirms that he does.

Evidence that he doesn’t? There is none. Just the random opinions of random people, which ultimately, do not weigh as heavily as the opinions of the aforementioned Priest.
    So going off of that - would you then say that if Coates, who (if by nothing other than his stature in popular culture) will be one of the most prominent contributors to Captain America, judged a previous author's work as having a good/bad/whatever grasp on Captain America, would that hold more weight for you than a fan's opinion of the rum in question?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    how many black/white Trade Paperbacks exist of Panther material? There should hopefully be several volumes at this point.
    To my knowledge, there's just the old Essential volume and the Color Your Own Black Panther, which is mainly covers.

So going off of that - would you then say that if Coates, who (if by nothing other than his stature in popular culture) will be one of the most prominent contributors to Captain America, judged a previous author's work as having a good/bad/whatever grasp on Captain America, would that hold more weight for you than a fan's opinion of the rum in question?
    How does this straw-man address my point at all? How can I speak to hypotheticals that haven't happened yet? I.e., Coates hasn't even begun to write Cap. Who's to say whether he has a proper grasp on the character? On the other hand, Coates has been on BP for a while now. There's an ample sample size to draw conclusions from, and Priest has done so. He believes Coates does, in fact, capture the essence of the character. And, in that context, his opinion weighs heavier than anyone on this board.

Though I agree with the idea that Priest opinion isn't gospel, I actually put a lot of weight into his opinion of the character. I honestly believe that Priest is responsible for defining the character in modern times. Again, doesn't make his opinion gospel ... But I'm not sure there is any one person at this point whose general opinion of the character I would value more than his.

The Cap equivalent of him I guess would be Gruenwald. If he were around to read Coates Cap book and gave it the thumbs up, that would count for a lot in my book.

How does this straw-man address my point at all? How can I speak to hypotheticals that haven't happened yet? I.e., Coates hasn't even begun to write Cap. Who's to say whether he has a proper grasp on the character? On the other hand, Coates has been on BP for a while now. There's an ample sample size to draw conclusions from, and Priest has done so. He believes Coates does, in fact, capture the essence of the character. And, in that context, his opinion weighs heavier than anyone on this board.
    I'm just genuinely curious if you think it applies retroactively or not. For example, does Hudlin's opinion on Priest's run hold more weight for you than a fan's?

Wouldn't it be cool if Coates posted here and mingled with the fam...

According to Coates "History Is A Harsh Taskmaster"

https://thekojonnamdishow.org/shows/...-nehisi-coates

HARSH???

Taskmaster???

Wait a minute...

Wouldn't it be cool if Coates posted here and mingled with the fam...

According to Coates "History Is A Harsh Taskmaster"

https://thekojonnamdishow.org/shows/...-nehisi-coates

HARSH???

Taskmaster???

Wait a minute...
    Hmmmm..... Diabolical!!!!!!