Seriously, the only white people with lines are a secondary villain, the comic relief sidekick, and extras in a city we barely spend any time in. The white people in this movie occupied the role of black people in every other movie.

Oh, and I guess Stan Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    Somewhat random, but the Marvel Legends Infinity War Wave 2 was revealed today and the Build-A-Figure (for those unfamiliar, the line comes with a piece of a figure with most of the figures in the wave that you combine into a new character) is Cull Obsidian aka Black Dwarf. So for those who have been longing to get that Black Panther vs. Black Dwarf battle on the page you can finally make it happen.

http://marveltoynews.com/marvel-lege...-obsidian-baf/
    Oh, and I will definitely be getting the Build-A-Figures to put Thanos together.

Last hint... Did you ever notice that you never see Harsh Lesson and Harsh "Taskmaster" in the same place at the same dayum time!

Anyway... Just downloaded animated Black Panther emojis for the iPhone so I am texting everybody and they momma like cray cray!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/marv...340511186?mt=8

If Black Panther had a Wakandan Wine I would be drunk right now and I don't even drank! (I spelled it 'DRANK' on purpose so don't be spellchecking me... hiccup)

What would it be like to fly a mind controlled Wakandan Class fighter jet while inebriated...

Stormtrooper: "Sir, do you know why I pulled you over?"

Flex Hectic: "Deez aren't the bald headed chicks you looking for!"

General Okoye: "I'm sorry officer he had too much to drink I'll fly us home from here thanks."

Flex Hectic: "Wrong universe FOOL!"

Stormtrooper: "Disney just merged everybody so I'm writing you a ticket anyway... It'd be a dayum shame if I had to leave a garrison in Wakanda have a nice day sir!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    What is America going to be in?
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Hold on, America is gonna be in a show? Which one?
    Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Last hint... Did you ever notice that you never see Harsh Lesson and Harsh "Taskmaster" in the same place at the same dayum time!

Anyway... Just downloaded animated Black Panther emojis for the iPhone so I am texting everybody and they momma like cray cray!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/marv...340511186?mt=8

If Black Panther had a Wakandan Wine I would be drunk right now and I don't even drank! (I spelled it 'DRANK' on purpose so don't be spellchecking me... hiccup)

What would it be like to fly a mind controlled Wakandan Class fighter jet while inebriated...

Stormtrooper: "Sir, do you know why I pulled you over?"

Flex Hectic: "Deez aren't the bald headed chicks you looking for!"

General Okoye: "I'm sorry officer he had too much to drink I'll fly us home from here thanks."

Flex Hectic: "Wrong universe FOOL!"

Stormtrooper: "Disney just merged everybody so I'm writing you a ticket anyway... It'd be a dayum shame if I had to leave a garrison in Wakanda have a nice day sir!"
    Speaking of Stormtroopers, you gotta wonder if Kathleen Kennedy is looking at BP’s numbers and going like “damn maybe we should’ve made Finn a Jedi”.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Random thought I had earlier what are the odds that Coates' Cap is similar to his Black Panther? You know like Steve appearing for a panel or two or doing nothing of note. Is that what it would take for people to see that he just isn't a good comic writer?
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SKJoker View Post
    Interesting to see the perspective of someone who is a non-black PoC.

As for the second article... I mean, I get the point she's going for... But like... should the film have had zero white actors unless they're villains? Personally, I wanted MORE Ross, but understanding what the cultural significance of the movie is, I understand why they didn't. Likely the same reason there was zero Jessica Jones in Luke Cage. Disappointing, but I get it.
    Well we have had so many movies exclude us and get away with it.

And we get comments like "it's THEIR movie or tv show and they can do whatever they want."

Yet when the shoe is on the other foot-we are suppose to be diverse and include them.

In other words Spider-Man can have a film that excludes POC but not Static.

If POC was added to Spider-Man it's SJW and forced. Static-it's "best for business to get whites to see it". Thus you see many of the comments you see about how this film panders to whites.

Nevermind some of the black projects have no issue including nonblacks and make it natural.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    Random thought I had earlier what are the odds that Coates' Cap is similar to his Black Panther? You know like Steve appearing for a panel or two or doing nothing of note. Is that what it would take for people to see that he just isn't a good comic writer?
    NO WAY THAT HAPPENS.

The standard for Steve is WAYYYYYYYYYYYY higher than Panther at Marvel, with fans and comic book stores.

He wouldn't be able to get away with it. He would get called out the moment it happens and it wouldn't be limited to one of Steve's appreciation threads.

Even those who don't bother with Steve will be watching.

What is Coates the first black full time writer of Cap America? EVERYBODY will be watching. He is getting the shot that McDuffie and Priest got denied.

And if he can't get Steve to the numbers of earlier Panther run be it trades or floppies-he will get called out.

Invincible Member

Hold on, America is gonna be in a show? Which one?
    Marvel Rising:Secret Warriors...it's an animated show.

Please, if Coates even pulls half of the shit he did to Black Panther with Captain America he is gonna become a pariah.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Speaking of Stormtroopers, you gotta wonder if Kathleen Kennedy is looking at BP’s numbers and going like “damn maybe we should’ve made Finn a Jedi”.
    John Boyega is going to be in the next Pacific Rim movie and he looks badass. Star Wars better step it up with dude or he's going to make the jump to the MCU.

Boyega: Coogler! Hook a bro up mayne!

Coogler: Dude, all I got right now is a role as a Hatute Zeraze! But, I'm looking for a someone to play a crazy guy who talks to hand puppets for later.

Boyega: I'll take it!

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    NO WAY THAT HAPPENS.

The standard for Steve is WAYYYYYYYYYYYY higher than Panther at Marvel, with fans and comic book stores.

He wouldn't be able to get away with it. He would get called out the moment it happens and it wouldn't be limited to one of Steve's appreciation threads.

Even those who don't bother with Steve will be watching.

What is Coates the first black full time writer of Cap America? EVERYBODY will be watching. He is getting the shot that McDuffie and Priest got denied.

And if he can't get Steve to the numbers of earlier Panther run be it trades or floppies-he will get called out.
    Well that's kinda depressing, it would be totally depressing but I'm full of beer and sushi. I'm tired of being made to feel crazy because I don't like the way a now firmly A-list character is being slowly torn down in his own title. Like seriously let's have rape going on in the X-School or Sharon Carter showing up Cap. I'd have more examples but the aforementioned fullness has me a little lethargic.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    John Boyega is going to be in the next Pacific Rim movie and he looks badass. Star Wars better step it up with dude or he's going to make the jump to the MCU.

Boyega: Coogler! Hook a bro up mayne!

Coogler: Dude, all I got right now is a role as a Hatute Zeraze! But, I'm looking for a someone to play a crazy guy who talks to hand puppets for later.

Boyega: I'll take it!
    Boyega getting into the MCU is looking highly likely in my eyes. He showed nothing but love for Black Panther before it’s release and if he’s not playing a rebooted Blade I can easily see him playing Vibraxis. And he’s not my first choice for Achebe (that’s Denzel Washington) but then again MBJ wasn’t my first choice for Killmonger but he ended up being great. So maybe Boyega could pull it off.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

It wont happen. C.B. is redesigning the script. So it will have Coates words but Marvel story.

Please, if Coates even pulls half of the shit he did to Black Panther with Captain America he is gonna become a pariah.
    Now I don't want to be a phallus but I kinda want to see this just so the others will know the feeling.