Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The minute they go that far, it'll probably become evil and join his rogues gallery.
    If it's a true AI make it so it feels genuinely Wakandan. I think it would be lazy to just make it turn evil, it would be a Maberry move. Sure youcould do a story where She goes rogue, but ultimately I'd have it act as if it were a member of his Dora Milaje. Except an AI construct.

You know like Cortana. Or Data from ST:TNG. He was AI but he still chose to be who he is.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    But the. It becomes mess special. Stelfreeze idea is actually a good one, Kimoyo is a super computer that every Wakandan uses, but BPs is supremely better
    They could keep that aspect, but make it so when T'challa or his inner circle speaks to her she can manifest a holographic avatar.

In the preview for Rise #3 we see she has super sophisticated speech recognition capabilities and can interact with humans. Take that a step further. Spider-Man 2099 is running around with a holographic AI. Heck Tony Stark WAS a holographic AI.

I don't see why Kimoyo who is also bleeding edge tech couldn't have an avatar either. Plus, then you could do stories that feature Kimoyo as a character. Like say Panther and Griot are gone, and Ghost and some others try to steal from WDG. Kimoyo could have like a cyber version of Die Hard go down where she's doing battle with them in her systems. I'm not sure if you've played Shadowrun Returns but I'm thinking of something like that... or Tron.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Do you think Kimoyo should be made a "character" and get holographic avatar, like Cortana in Halo?

I was just thinking about how it would be cool to have a story where Kimoyo has to defend itself and was thinking about how it's never been personified like so many other AI systems.
    Remember Cerebro!!!!!

Heh, I don't think a BP writer would pull something like this but the potential for fuckery is there.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    Before the article I held the belief that the film treats its main character as a plot device/prop for world building and the movie is ultimately about the tale of killmonger. T'Challa is given so little depth and spends most of his screentime highlighting the supporting cast to the point that comedic reliefs are more notable than the titular character.

I still hold that belief but the article also tells me that the writers wrote a script that consolidates the crab-in-a-bucket mentality and resentment some viewers may have seeing a fully realized T'Challa who is not African American. No other MCU character is treated this way. And it reinforces the idea that the story is about killmonger/diaspora.

T'Challa may have ended the movie as a better character but he spent the majority of it as a glorified microphone.
    Agreed 100%

That is a badass figure.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Astonishing Member

Eh, I'm fine with Kimoyo just being a regular supercomputer. It goes without saying that she's on par with other AIs in the MU like that of Tony's in terms of processing power and utility. So giving her physical (albeit holographic) form doesn't particularly do anything for me. Kimoyo is more of a tool/extension of T'Challa, not something I've really considered a partner that needs to be there with him, if you see what I mean. But if it's a one-off where Kimoyo manifests some sort of body to defend itself or Wakanda that'd be cool and be a great feat for T'Challa.

Cortana... Ultron... Brainiac... Skynet... Matrix... Kimoyo...

Shuri: "Let's go!"

Kimoyo: "Does not compute."

T'challa: "Shuri... My suit is turning against me what's happening!"

Shuri: "I'm being hacked out of the system... Kimoyo override!"

Kimoyo: "Kimoyo does not recognize voice signature authorization denied."

Shuri: "Uh oh..."

Kimoyo: "Enemy detection alert... Initiating protocol See Wakanda And Die."

Shuri: "T'challa turn your suit off now!"

Bzzzzzzzt!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    They could keep that aspect, but make it so when T'challa or his inner circle speaks to her she can manifest a holographic avatar.

In the preview for Rise #3 we see she has super sophisticated speech recognition capabilities and can interact with humans. Take that a step further. Spider-Man 2099 is running around with a holographic AI. Heck Tony Stark WAS a holographic AI.

I don't see why Kimoyo who is also bleeding edge tech couldn't have an avatar either. Plus, then you could do stories that feature Kimoyo as a character. Like say Panther and Griot are gone, and Ghost and some others try to steal from WDG. Kimoyo could have like a cyber version of Die Hard go down where she's doing battle with them in her systems. I'm not sure if you've played Shadowrun Returns but I'm thinking of something like that... or Tron.
    I mean, it would be but then it feels just like other heroes. I don't mind it being a kinda half Ai, you speak to it abd it responds but AIs to me just take away feats. Maybe Kimoyo being In Charge of Doomsday Panther prowlers or big threats to Wakanda that could be cool

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    That is a badass figure.
    I need this in my Life. Also Courtesy of MM from the HEF

Quote Originally Posted by Mortal Man
    They need to go on ahead and make a BP anime as well, since that's been my biggest discovery of the past year :P [not including DBZ]

Or alternatively, this looks like cover art/title screen for one of them rpg games
    Who would also be down for a Black panther anime?

I mean, it would be but then it feels just like other heroes. I don't mind it being a kinda half Ai, you speak to it abd it responds but AIs to me just take away feats. Maybe Kimoyo being In Charge of Doomsday Panther prowlers or big threats to Wakanda that could be cool

I need this in my Life. Also Courtesy of MM from the HEF

Who would also be down for a Black panther anime?
    A Black Panther anime would be nothing less than dope! And we also need an Arkham style Black Panther video game!
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

In what is, to my knowledge, a rare move, Black Panther is adding 60 theaters in its third weekend.

https://twitter.com/ERCboxoffice/sta...02662423465987

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    A Black Panther anime would be nothing less than dope! And we also need an Arkham style Black Panther video game!
    They should do one. Blade, Iron Man and Wolverine had anime series that were pretty cool. I don't know why they didn't have second seasons.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Maybe the form it's hologram takes could be a Panther rather than a human? So it would be like a glowy purple holographic panther.
    Pull List:

Invincible Member

I haven't seen the BP film yet, but I'm linking this youtube review because I thought it might spark an interesting discussion about the depictions of femininity and masculinity in the BP movie. We've all talked about the strong female presence in T'Challa's support cast before and gone back and forth on Coates depiction BP as either mopey or milquetoast, so it's not a topic that's unheard of this thread. Basically this person thinks that the BP movie presents in his words a "gynocentric" world in which men submit to women, african american males are made to look power hungry and the only positive depiction of black masculinity was M'Baku.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dy_YfNM7kw&t=3s
    this by the way is his follow up review, the previous one is more of an actual review about plot, special effects, "Marvel is on the decline" etc

Now, some folks in this thread are already familiar with this guy and know that he's trashed the movie months ago before it even came out. And if you've watched enuff of his vids, you can see that he has a problem with women in general and black women in particular. But like I said, I'm curious as to what people who has seen the film think how his vision ( even if you don't agree with his values) aligns with what's in the movie. Plus, it could also lead to a talk about minority male/female roles in these types of films.
    Last edited by ed2962; 03-02-2018 at 12:14 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    Before the article I held the belief that the film treats its main character as a plot device/prop for world building and the movie is ultimately about the tale of killmonger. T'Challa is given so little depth and spends most of his screentime highlighting the supporting cast to the point that comedic reliefs are more notable than the titular character.

I still hold that belief but the article also tells me that the writers wrote a script that consolidates the crab-in-a-bucket mentality and resentment some viewers may have seeing a fully realized T'Challa who is not African American. No other MCU character is treated this way. And it reinforces the idea that the story is about killmonger/diaspora.

T'Challa may have ended the movie as a better character but he spent the majority of it as a glorified microphone.
    Oh man, there's so much to unpack here. But for the sake of avoiding getting too political, all of these movies are catering to the *African-American* experience, so let's never get that twisted lol