http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/...arvel2017b.htm

Estimates have him at 501m domestic after today and $897m WW

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    My brotha who is going to refute your claim for MU Panther? He has been going down hill since Hudlin left the book. He had a slight slow down when Liss came in but otherwise it's been down hill.

As for mcu. This movie catered to more then just BP abd Marvel fans. General audience, Black audience, women, Thor catered to Thor fans marvel fans and general audience. There's a reason BP blew him out of the water, blown Every movie accept the Avengers (at the moment) out of the water. There's a reason the kids of Ron Clark academy where getting in on Instagram, and those same kids are in awe, and crying tears of joy at the movie, and boys are Having an positive figure to look uo to.
    BP is a great movie but the reason it's doing the historic business it's doing is because it's a historic film. Is it objectively better as a movie than, say, Thor: Ragnorok? You could make that case, sure, but you could also argue the opposite. BP's advantage at the box office is chiefly about it being the center of a cultural moment, beyond just being a movie. The fact that it's an excellent film to boot has only bolstered it's success but the enormous pent up demand for a movie like this is what's truly catapulted it into the stratosphere. It was a movie that was primed to explode.

All credit to BP but it's unfair to say that it outperformed other films simply because they're lesser. BP happens to be one of those rare, magical films that is more than just a movie.

Black Panther joins The Winter Soldier and the Avengers as the only Marvel film's to win their first 3 weekend's at the box office. If it pulls off the upset against Wrinkle next weekend, it will be the only MCU film to win its first 4 weekends.

Courtesy from The HEF

Quote Originally Posted by Mortal Man
    Box Office: Marvel's 'Black Panther' Tops $500M After Record $65M Third Weekend

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottme.../#6c1ba0e77794

Black Panther just snagged a jaw-dropping $65.7 million in its third weekend of domestic release
    . That’s the third-biggest third weekend of all time, behind only Avatar ($69m in 2010) and Star: The Force Awakens ($90m in 2016). Both of those respective third frames occurred when the Friday was on New Years’ Day. Black Panther is thus the biggest third-weekend gross for a movie that didn’t have any holiday boost. If you want to adjust for inflation, the Black Panther’s third-weekend gross is the fourth-biggest of all time, behind only Spider-Man ($71m adjusted), Avatar ($79m adjusted) and Star Wars: The Force Awakens ($96m adjusted).

Oh, and that 41% drop is the fourth-lowest third-weekend drop for an MCU flick behind Iron Man (-37%), Captain America: The Winter Soldier (-38%) and Guardians of the Galaxy (-40%), all of which opened with over/under $100 million. Among $150m+ openers, it’s the seventh-smallest such drop behind only the last three Star Wars movies (all of which had year-end holiday boosts), the Dark Knight sequels and The Hunger Games. Its current 17-day domestic total is now $501m, which is the third-biggest such figure (sans inflation) behind The Last Jedi ($517m in 2017/2018) and The Force Awakens ($742m in 2015/2016)

Worldwide is just as impressive, even if it’s probably going to be one of those movies (like The Dark Knight, Wonder Woman or Rogue One) that makes more of its money in North America than overseas. That’s only because Black Panther is so obscenely overperforming in North America, again like Wonder Woman and the last few Star Wars movies.

The picture has earned $897 million worldwide, meaning it should be past $900m worldwide tomorrow and over/under $1 billion by the end of next weekend.
    It is already the biggest comic book movie ever with no Bruce Wayne or Tony Stark to be found.

Among comic book superhero flicks, it sits behind only The Dark Knight ($1 billion in 2008), The Dark Knight Rises ($1.1b in 2012), Captain America: Civil War ($1.1b in 2016), Iron Man 3 ($1.2b in 2013), Avengers: Age of Ultron ($1.4b in 2015) and The Avengers ($1.5b in 2012).

Yes, it’s going to make a play for Iron Man 3’s milestone as the biggest solo superhero flick worldwide. Yes, it’s thus-far tracking for a solid bow in China next weekend. No, it doesn’t need to hit a home run in China to prove anything. Come what may, Black Panther is already a glorious smash hit.

Your move, Teen Titans Go to the Movies!.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow
    "****, is china going to ruin everything?"

Coogler: naw, ill make a movie so good that we dont need china
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 03-04-2018 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    BP is a great movie but the reason it's doing the historic business it's doing is because it's a historic film. Is it objectively better as a movie than, say, Thor: Ragnorok? You could make that case, sure, but you could also argue the opposite. BP's advantage at the box office is chiefly about it being the center of a cultural moment, beyond just being a movie. The fact that it's an excellent film to boot has only bolstered it's success but the enormous pent up demand for a movie like this is what's truly catapulted it into the stratosphere. It was a movie that was primed to explode.

All credit to BP but it's unfair to say that it outperformed other films simply because they're lesser. BP happens to be one of those rare, magical films that is more than just a movie.
    I'm not saying those movies are lesser. I said BP caters to a larger demographic and makes a huge statement. Your putting words in my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I think time will be very kind to it. Although I do think it's reputation will be tempered somewhat once it's been distanced from this particular moment.

It's a solid movie that just happened to strike at the exact right time to become a cultural event.
    I do wonder if the whole cultural event aspect associated with the movie is sort of a one time thing, or if it will be repeatable.

If they can squeeze a billion bucks out of BP every movie, it'll end up with more sequels than Godzilla.

Just saw it again today and it's just as good as when I first saw it. Everyone was great in this movie and I mean everyone.

Fantastic Member

Lol, I don't even think it's the best MCU movie (Civil War & Winter Soldier are better), but man

The gall to use "call a spade a spade" in the context of calling a culturally important movie for African-Americans "overrated."

I can't hear all the negativity over the sound of BP crushing it. It's all fluff

I can't hear all the negativity over the sound of BP crushing it. It's all fluff
    Totally agree. And BP in the movie is great as well.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

The truest words right here.

BANNED

I wasn't aware that pointing out areas that were problematic in the movie for me as a viewer qualifies as being "negative" but hey, what do I know.

I'm the "negative nancy" who went to the theatre to watch the movie twice and have been a BP enthusiast for roughly four decades.

Sorry for not being overly eager to leave critical analysis in the dust.

Might as well call me an Unfan next.
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 03-04-2018 at 06:44 PM.

If the worst thing people can say about the movie is that the supporting cast is TOO good, I definitely think Coogler won't have too much trouble sleeping at night

Black Panther and Killmonger figures:

Attachment 62929

Attachment 62928

BANNED

BP is doing well because its a very good to great movie..
    No other MCU movie had to deal with fake trolls ratings etc...
    Yet its one of the best rated and Top Grossing films of all time.