Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post

The whole preview is amazing, but I'm loving the Hunter/Killmonger stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    The whole preview is amazing, but I'm loving the Hunter/Killmonger stuff.
    Yes.

I feel the same way.

Here is hoping that Narcisse takes over the main book in the near future.

Amazing just amazing. And I knew that had to be a doombot lol.

Personally, I could have done without the return of Hunter. Not one of Priest's better addition to the mythos, in my opinion. I would have retconned cousin T'Shan into that role.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadey View Post
    Amazing just amazing. And I knew that had to be a doombot lol.
    Yeah, he freaking blew up his own throne room to get rid of the Doombot. That's pretty hardcore.

And it's sort of gives Doom an preview of T'Challa in a way, since T'Challa threatens to destroy Wakanda to stop Doom from stealing the vibranium in their later encounter. So he has good reason to think T'Challa won't bluff.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post

nice preview.... will be picking this up and Tchalla is so sexy...
    especially when he working out while shirtless
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    Even as someone who enjoys the series, I'd say you probably wouldn't care for it if you didn't like Coates' T'Challa in season one. He's gotten a few more action beats, but there's also been two issues where he's almost entirely absent. I haven't yet read this week's issue 171, but I've found the second arc more inconsistent than the first, even if it's more like a traditional superhero comic.
    At a minimum, I would recommend reading it in trade. The T'Challa-less issues feel like they'd be less noticeable in a long-form story rather than monthly 22 pages.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Ultimate Member

I'm still surprised that Hunter was around this long into T'Challa's rule. I got the impression that he was decommissioned early into T'Challa's rule.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    In what way was he a hero? His gripe wasn't without merit, but ultimately he was going to drag everyone into war out of revenge. He was a villain, albeit a sympathetic one.
    Don't agree, Eric is a hero. Chadwick and Ryan said he was a hero. that's fact. The writer and main actor statements mean more then our opinions, because that's canon.

Please, just make Rise of the Panther an ongoing. It's the best Black Panther/T'Challa/Wakanda book on the market.

robreedwrites, what do the sales look like for this so far?

Quote Originally Posted by iblogalot View Post
    Personally, I could have done without the return of Hunter. Not one of Priest's better addition to the mythos, in my opinion. I would have retconned cousin T'Shan into that role.
    I think Evans os doing a great job of merging Priest and Hudlin's origins into one. That does mean acknowledging all of the stuff. Though I guess he took out T'Challa going out to the rest of the world for schooling on top of his Wakandan schooling. But I think he is doing a masterful job.. I definitely want him to continue on past the initial 6 issues. I want Marvel to push this more and give him a chance to write some more issue's. Dude knows how to write Tchalla and tell interesting stories. Each Issue being a Solid one and done issue while having a broader story with Erik coming in. This HZ spin could explain where he gets some of his skill as well
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 03-30-2018 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by goku200 View Post
    Don't agree, Eric is a hero. Chadwick and Ryan said he was a hero. that's fact. The writer and main actor statements mean more then our opinions, because that's canon.
    He's not a hero. Provide links that say he is a hero. More so, his back story, motivation and his gripes are legitimate and had he taken a different approach then the one he does, he would be a hero

Quote Originally Posted by goku200 View Post
    Alright, then I'll ask in what way did they say he's a hero? I'd like to think Ryan and Chadwick wouldn't personally condone the characters actions, but it's hard to judge their statements since I don't exactly know what they said.