Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    On the contrary.

I can be impressed.

But not just vy every single thing.

Wesley Snipes totally owned the Blade character in the first two blockbuster movies and he was uber-compelling in the role to such a degree tgat he wasn't overshadowed by ANY of his supporting cast.

I was not enthusiastic about Chadwick Boseman's being cast to play T'Challa as Chiwetel Ejiofor was always my prefered choice.

However, Chadwick's stellar performance in CA:Civil War, won me over especially as he was super compelling in that movie.

I just didn't feel the same about him in his own, solo movie.

No harm, no foul.
    I'm just saying he just became a king and his father just died. He had A LOT of weight on him and then he had to catch Klaw. He was basically trying to find his way. And I felt Chadwick did that part great. IIRC T'Challa was like that in the comics to. Its like not Coates where T'Challa already has YEARS of experience and yet acts like a moron. In Infinity Wars Chadwick T'Challa seems to know what he is doing and doesnt seem "beta."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    To be frank I don't see how Chiwetel would have done THAT much better of a job as playing T'Challa than Chadwick. To be quite frank, neither of them exactly LOOK or SOUND like what I'd expect T'Challa to look or sound like in real life, so it's not about that. They do have a bit of a similar in my opinion. I do think Chadwick has exactly the right kind of presence of T'Challa though, and he pulled off the role excellently, even though he's not MU/Priest T'Challa exactly. I've always accepted the MCU as another universe within the larger MU so I'm fine with changes. What matters to me most is that the character is compelling, well written, has good character arcs, and at least channels the spirit of the source material. Chadwick's T'Challa does all of that while bringing in different things.

One has to remember that Feige, Ryan and the Russo's had a vision of what they wanted their Black Panther to be, so the character is written a certain way and not everything is Chadwick's doing. Therefore I don't see how Chiwetel would have been that much better (even though he has had the opportunities to prove himself as a better actor than Chadwick) in the role.
    Anyone who saw Chiwetel Ejiofor as the Operative in the Serenity movie, would understand why he would have been perfect as T'Challa.

Hell, even as Baron Mordo, Chiwetel just oozed with dark charisma that was compelling to watch in my humble opinion.
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 04-01-2018 at 05:19 AM.

Vol. 7 Issue 2 cover. Not sure if this has been posted but it does look cool despite the forthcoming disappointment that may be accompanied with this book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LastManStanding View Post
    You are correct. Linda is the name of the character in the BP movie as per article by Vulture. Luke Cage's production team got the "Nightshade" name to use in the series.

http://www.vulture.com/2018/02/black...rs-ranked.html

Thank goodness for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Vol. 7 Issue 2 cover. Not sure if this has been posted but it does look cool despite the forthcoming disappointment that may be accompanied with this book.

Can't lie this cover and the issue 2 cover look dope as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post

If nothing else, we're in for great art with this arc. The book really scored getting Acuna.

Ultimate Member

Anyone who saw Chiwetel Ejiofor as the Operator in the Serenity movie, would understand why he would have been perfect as T'Challa.

Hell, even as Baron Mordo, Chiwetel just oozed with dark charisma that was compelling to watch in my humble opinion.
    Operative

"I am of course wearing full body armor. I can not a moron."

Ultimate Member

Looking back at the Operative's scenes with Mal, its actually not hard to see why some might not have liked Panther's depiction.

Most viewers like the guy who bucks the system, who makes a flip remark to the commissioner before going off to solve the case his way, God damn it.

That was T'Challa's appeal in Civil War. He didn't care about the rules, just Bucky.

But in his own movie, T'Challa *is* the system.

So he faces more constraints, as a character and in his actions, than the guy who, ya know, kills people including his girlfriend and wants to start a war :P

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Looking back at the Operative's scenes with Mal, its actually not hard to see why some might not have liked Panther's depiction.

Most viewers like the guy who bucks the system, who makes a flip remark to the commissioner before going off to solve the case his way, God damn it.

That was T'Challa's appeal in Civil War. He didn't care about the rules, just Bucky.

So he faces more constraints, as a character and in his actions, than the guy who, ya know, kills people including his girlfriend and wants to start a war :P
    That sort of reminds me of a lot of interviews I read about the comic book Civil War, where a lot of various writers and editors flat out said they knew readers would mostly be rooting for Cap over Stark because Cap was sort of the rebel fighting against the system. Maybe there is a certain sense of romance in the idea of raging against the machine rather than being the machine.

But in a way I guess that's why it's cool that we got to see T'Challa do both. It creates a nice contrast.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If nothing else, we're in for great art with this arc. The book really scored getting Acuna.
    Hell Yeah. The writing will be the same, but the story will look incredible. Love Acuna's art.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I think that's why people liked kilmonger is because he was doing things his way without regards for any other opinion, which in turn meant that he was also showing the bad side of when people Buck the system. He comes in and is ready to send the world into WW3 and destroy Wakanda in the process whereas, in the end Tchalla also bucks the system but in the right way. By realizing the world is changing and they need to play a bigger part on that change rather then staying in the shadows

I don't remember looking at the credits, but was Killmonger's girlfriend ever named?
    Quote Originally Posted by LastManStanding View Post
    Nightshade played by the reggae icon Jimmy Cliff's daughter Nabiyah Be
    I thought she was meant to be Nightshade, but yeesh, talk about a bit part. I watched the movie 3 times and not once was her name stated
    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I heard the the Nightshade name was pulled because they wanted to use the character in Luke Cage?
    Yeah, Nabiyah Be originally tweeted out that she was playing Tilda Johnson aka Nightshade (that tweet has now been deleted). I have a feeling we would have seen more of her before Luke Cage got the character as you can see from the existing film that she's the one who gave the curator the poisoned coffee. I'm guessing scenes of hers were cut for time or to mask the fact that she wasn't originally named "Linda."

Chinese poster from Infinity War. Panther's up front and unmasked... but crouched (at least Widow is also crouched up front?). Shuri and Okoye are also on the poster.

Anyone who saw Chiwetel Ejiofor as the Operator in the Serenity movie, would understand why he would have been perfect as T'Challa.

Chiwetel would have been a great T'Challa no doubt in my mind.

Incredible Member

I thought she was meant to be Nightshade, but yeesh, talk about a bit part. I watched the movie 3 times and not once was her name stated
    She's not Nightshade. Character's name was Linda.