Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Honestly, if there is a Storm series, I doubt if Coates will be writing it. He'd have to give up Cap or BP and I don't see it happening. So it may not be official but I don't think there is going to be a Storm series from this particular creative team.

And really, there's no need to hold Storm hostage while Coates tries to make up his mind. Let someone else do it. If Marvel is waiting on Coates to finish his Cap and BP run before doing a Storm book, then they're crazy.
    but how long will he attached to these projects? I see maybe BP for awhile but I don't see him being a mainstay on captain America.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I just want to know how editorial feels about Coates writing a Storm series. I don't know if Marvel has faith in a Storm series. They should have just let Bendis push Storm when he was still around
    marvel only have faith in characters they fully 9wn and lines they know will sale. and heck no yo bendis he was absolutely one of the worst storm writers.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    but how long will he attached to these projects? I see maybe BP for awhile but I don't see him being a mainstay on captain America.
    He's going to do at least 12 issues minimum and imo, I see him doing 2 years.

Should a Storm solo sit on the shelf that long? Surely there are other writers who could do serious work.

marvel only have faith in characters they fully 9wn and lines they know will sale. and heck no yo bendis he was absolutely one of the worst storm writers.

well at least he was taking the character in new directions

The J-man

As the old saying goes:

"Once you go Rocket, you just can't knock it…."

[/B]

That's just gross.

Someone has a sick mind.

[/B]

That is crazy. Lol
    Last edited by Cville; 06-05-2018 at 08:40 PM.

I just want to know how editorial feels about Coates writing a Storm series. I don't know if Marvel has faith in a Storm series. They should have just let Bendis push Storm when he was still around
    Marvel has published plenty of books which they likely were realistic enough to assume would be cancelled. It's not like fans of Red Wolf or Slapstick were beating down marvels door.

But at the same time you can't just publish Spider-Man and Wolverine books. Even with the high possibility of cancellation for a lot of the less established stuff, you gotta try. Because you never know what might end up sticking if you throw enough stuff at the wall.

Honestly, if there is a Storm series, I doubt if Coates will be writing it. He'd have to give up Cap or BP and I don't see it happening. So it may not be official but I don't think there is going to be a Storm series from this particular creative team.

And really, there's no need to hold Storm hostage while Coates tries to make up his mind. Let someone else do it. If Marvel is waiting on Coates to finish his Cap and BP run before doing a Storm book, then they're crazy.

I disagree. Jen Bartel already mentioned on Twitter it was going to happen when they have time to do it. She doesnt hsve a reason to lie or mislead her followers.

and coates is the best person to write her as he has given her the best development she has had in ages. save from yona Harvey I wouldn't want to see anyone else write her.

He's going to do at least 12 issues minimum and imo, I see him doing 2 years.

Should a Storm solo sit on the shelf that long? Surely there are other writers who could do serious work.

I'm willing to wait if it means a successful, well written solo. as I mentioned coates has given her development I have not seen of her in ages. he really cares about the character and it shows in his writing. this project deserves the best and I dont dre anyone outside of him or harvey doing it justice.

[/B]

thank the goddess coates took us in a different direction approved by bast:

Last edited by butterflykyss; 06-06-2018 at 12:15 AM.

Read the last issue of ROTBP.

Didn't really go out with a bang but still a fun read that rounds up the story arc.

well to be fair, tchalla didnt retain those powers. it wasnt something that was his birth right (unlike with ororo). I can understand why there would be frustrations but at this point we still dont know where the gods are, I also dont see it as a failure for BP and wakanda that she is one of their champions. why do you say this. in any event, I'm sure this is something that will be revisited in the new book.
    At the end of Ultimates 2, Tchalla is seen holding the tiger god in a pokeball like sphere so it's not as though he doesn't have access to that power. Then problem with s2 is that Coates completely retconned the Wakandan patheon to make it that with faith, people ascend to godhood, yet the nost obvious choice Tchalla, Wakandas king and protector is not chosen and instead given tonab outsider. This is Ultimate fanfic levels of ridiculousness. And it literally throws Wakanda and Tchalla under the bus, in his own book to achieve this and it's cringey

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Read the last issue of ROTBP.

Didn't really go out with a bang but still a fun read that rounds up the story arc.
    where would you rank it compared to the other issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    At the end of Ultimates 2, Tchalla is seen holding the tiger god in a pokeball like sphere so it's not as though he doesn't have access to that power. Then problem with s2 is that Coates completely retconned the Wakandan patheon to make it that with faith, people ascend to godhood, yet the nost obvious choice Tchalla, Wakandas king and protector is not chosen and instead given tonab outsider. This is Ultimate fanfic levels of ridiculousness. And it literally throws Wakanda and Tchalla under the bus, in his own book to achieve this and it's cringey
    For this sort of story I think Storm is actually a very obvious choice. Storm has been viewed as a goddess since her very first appearance, and we've seen her referred to as a goddess by Wakandans from time to time. Various stories in the past have somewhat implied that she has a divine nature as well. If any character can be transformed into a god it's Storm. That aspect of her has been implied for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    For this sort of story I think Storm is actually a very obvious choice. Storm has been viewed as a goddess since her very first appearance, and we've seen her referred to as a goddess by Wakandans from time to time. Various stories in the past have somewhat implied that she has a divine nature as well. If any character can be transformed into a god it's Storm. That aspect of her has been implied for decades.
    Not based on the way Coates set the history. He didn't say Bast and company descended from gods. They were just normal humans who were heroes of their civilization. Based on that, the collective power should have gone to Tchalla and Shuri.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    where would you rank it compared to the other issues?
    I'm not really sure.

But my first impression would probably put it around the 3rd and 4th place. But then again, its hard to rank them because none of the issues have been bad, at least in my opinion.