BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Honestly I think Coates is trying to snag a few lesser used rogues from other characters galleries to buff up T'Challas.

To be blunt, aside from Klaw I think BP'S rogues are a bit on the under powered side. So snagging a few Iron Man and X-men rogues who aren't being used can potentially help with that.
    As opposed to buffing actual BP villains and powering them up to be threats on par with other villains in the Marvel pantheon of evil doers?

Now there's a novel idea.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    It would help if maybe, just maybe, the whole draw of a character is what they focused on. Let me tell you, Coates misogynist, inept King, forced agenda and back of the bus BP is NOT what people are drawn to.
    Going by a minority of opinions expressed in this thread, it would appear that some are quite fine with the current direction Coates has derailed the BP mythos in.

As long as Coates boosts their favourite characters (at T'Challa and his mythos expense,) it's all good.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Skedatz View Post
    Speaking of which... The Adversary. Was it me or did anybody else think that was an out of left field enemy for the Panther to fight? Did I miss a run or two where the Adversary was a Wakanda themed villain?
    No more out of left field than Morlun, imo.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    since E3 just went down I think its time to brainstorm about that Black Panther video game we are never going to get.

I don't know if it will be open World, but I think it should be partially open with some huge environments.

I think it should take place on 3 to 5 big maps. Not Wakanda ironically. There will be some levels in Wakanda but as far as the open world elements I think it should take place in New York, maybe Zambia, and then a third locale maybe a Kree or Skrull ship. I want Wakanda to be relatively peaceful in the first game. There can be some crisis Black Panther has to deal with and maybe a final confrontation of the main storyline in Wakanda.....but I don't want to see Wakanda besieged or in shambles. It should still be Wakanda in all its majesty. If Marvel wants to AvX it or have it invaded save that for the second or third game.

King Solomon's Frogs are absolutely in the game.

Black Panther habit should be fully customizable. You can pick form any of his comic, animated and live action looks. The Dora Milaje appearance and armor is also customizable. I think T'Challa should should be accompanied by two guards and maybe solo on higher difficulties. Shuri should also be playable.

I vote Nakia over Storm for synergy sake.

Also we need vehicles. Upgradeable weapons.

We need to be able to stealth most of the game if we choose too. Enhances senses and vision is also a must.

Rhinos are obviously in the game.

Going with a Klaw & Killmonger villain plot makes a lot of sense, but I'd prefer the game to do something fresh. We already have a BP movie. Maybe bring in Kang or the Skrulls and really just go crazy with the story.

Lastly, we need a secondary mode. A Danger Room or challenges section, where fans can reenact the most iconic BP moments.
    -a Fantastic Four scenario
    -Killmonger scenario
    -Doctor Doom scenario
    -Klaw scenario
    -KKK scenario
    -Namor scenario
    -Skrulls scenario
    -Mephisto scenario (this is a must, but shouldn't play out like a generic boss fight it should be a little more intricate almost like a DLC level)
    Which is why the idea of the game taking place in Wakanda might not be a good idea due to the fact that some people won't like the idea of Wakanda to be under attack, which would indirectly point to the fact that T'Challa may not be a great leader in the game.

I'm thinking of a whole open-world/spy espionage game identifying potential threats to Wakanda with the Kimoyo beads as an essential tool. Think of it as Hitman+Watch Dogs 2+The Batman games = Black Panther videogame

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I think Hudlin basically did the same thing as Coates as far as borrowing villains from other franchises, and essentially for the same reason.

BP's rogues are a bit underpowered, and frankly all C listers (except Killmonger right now). None of them are a good fit if you want a BIG story with a BIG threat, apart from maybe Klaw if you decide to really ramp him up.

That said, I probably would have liked it if the BP franchise snagged Morlun too. But I think the Spiderverse story sort of firmly placed him as a Spidey rogue.

Mighty Member

You know how you get powerful, classic villian? Create some for the mythos instead of borrowing from another. Two off the top of my head; mutated, intelligent, eco terrorist elephant or elder of the universe whose deal is music comes to Wakanda looking for his lost vibranium.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    You know how you get powerful, classic villian? Create some for the mythos instead of borrowing from another. Two off the top of my head; mutated, intelligent, eco terrorist elephant or elder of the universe whose deal is music comes to Wakanda looking for his lost vibranium.
    Coates did that too with Tetu and Zenzi. He's creating, he's borrowing, and he's using an existing one with Klaw. He's basically doing all of the above.

With the current arc it's pretty much guaranteed he's using new characters all around. It'll be interesting to see if any carry over when the story is done.

The execution with Morlun was far better than that of The Adversary.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It may be wishful thinking on my part, but I hope he's able to keep Stane as a rogue. Iron Man arguably doesn't need him.
    Eh, I think you could argue that Tony's rogues are just as bad, if not worse, than T'challa's honestly. They are all outdated Cold War type villains and then a fu manchu Mandarin.

Plus, Stane, like the rest of what Coates does, doesn't even have a consistent motivation for what he is doing. We see him helping Tetu's rebellion by providing tech... but then tells T'challa he wants to be king (or some dumb ****). And then goes and hangs out with Hydra who are actually hanging out with Klaw for... reasons.

I felt like he thought Stane was cool, wanted him in the story, and then couldn't focus on the "why" he was involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Xpac
    And Coates did make new rogues for T'Calla with Tetu and Zenzi, in addition to giving Klaw probably his best showing in years. So Coates is doing a little bit of everything.
    I actually appreciate adding in some new villains like Zenzi and Tetu. And I think, some day, some writer (either in movies or comics) will use them as a real threat. There character designs are nice and their powers have potential.

Unfortunately, once again, it is potential because Coates wouldn't build them properly. Tetu is a revolutionary sorcerer who's powers are nature based. Unfortunately... his powers are pathetically nerfed. It takes him 10 minutes to do anything and once he does... they were tree roots, a crack in the ground a non powered human could backflip over, and some rain.

And he was completley overshadowed by QDJ/false prophet in this arc. THAT should have been how Tetu was portrayed. Powerful as hell, a true challenge.

And Zenzi got Eden'd. Just around to be around and provide flashy green powers to pusht he story along without having any idea why she is doing what she is doing. It took another book to try and fill in the motivation hole... but then she turns around and hangs out with racist white supremacists and I don't think spoke a single weird in season 2.

I'm not sure if "best showing in years" for Klaw is a compliment or making fun of him lol. He hasn't bene written in a Black Panther book since Klaw of the Panther (he was super powerful in that book) and hasn't faced T'challa since Who is the Black Panther lol. So, you are technically right... but it isn't because Coates did a good job with Klaw... it is just people like Bendis had him beaten by Gold Balls lol.

Can I ask what you think Coates did well with Tetu and Zenzi?

I don't think many people like the use of Morlun either though.

But, story wise, they at least built up Morlun in the story over multiple issues and gave him a reason to do what he is doing.

Adversary literally showed up in one issue and his reasoning for being there was basically, "because." lol. He needed more time to breath if you are going to use him.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    The execution with Morlun was far better than that of The Adversary.
    And Shuri wasn't chumped out by Hudlin to over inflate Morlun's reputation at the BP mythos expense.

I think T'challa's rogues get shitted on a bit too much. The reason they are **** is because no one uses them ever and, more importantly, there have been no memorable stories told with them. Stories make villains (and heroes).

I mean ****, who are the memorable Stark villains? Mandarin and......... What is so special about Red Skull, Zemo, Crossbones, Taskmaster, ect for Cap? Those guys ar enothing more than enhanced too... just like Killmonger or M'baku.

A perfect example is season two of Coates. They are in Azania. They are using white supremacists... why not just go all in and bring back The Supremacists? Instead of using the like of Stane, Fenris, and Faustus... you could have easily had Klaw hanging out there and using The Supremacists as his muscle.

Instead of the Adversary, why not use Anubis? or Sekmet? If I am remembering Hickman's F4 story... Anubis was trying to get into Wakanda before and was stopped by Bast. With Bast gone... why wouldn't he try again?

There is a wealth of unused, barely touched, villains sprinkled throughout the mythos that are begging for an update and to be used again.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I think T'challa's rogues get shitted on a bit too much. The reason they are **** is because no one uses them ever and, more importantly, there have been no memorable stories told with them. Stories make villains (and heroes).

I mean ****, who are the memorable Stark villains? Mandarin and......... What is so special about Red Skull, Zemo, Crossbones, Taskmaster, ect for Cap? Those guys ar enothing more than enhanced too... just like Killmonger or M'baku.

A perfect example is season two of Coates. They are in Azania. They are using white supremacists... why not just go all in and bring back The Supremacists? Instead of using the like of Stane, Fenris, and Faustus... you could have easily had Klaw hanging out there and using The Supremacists as his muscle.

Instead of the Adversary, why not use Anubis? or Sekmet? If I am remembering Hickman's F4 story... Anubis was trying to get into Wakanda before and was stopped by Bast. With Bast gone... why wouldn't he try again?

There is a wealth of unused, barely touched, villains sprinkled throughout the mythos that are begging for an update and to be used again.
    Stop it.

You're making way to much sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    As opposed to buffing actual BP villains and powering them up to be threats on par with other villains in the Marvel pantheon of evil doers?

Now there's a novel idea.
    LOL. Right? There are years of posts here where we tried to re-conceptualize/update BP rogues.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Normally I'm not a fan of just buffing up villains to meet the hero (unless done well, of course) because then there's no point in giving the hero a power up to begin with.

But in BP's case it would be pretty useful to have enemies that challenge him more so he's not just taking in other rogue's galleries.

Quote Originally Posted by Skedatz View Post
    Normally I'm not a fan of just buffing up villains to meet the hero (unless done well, of course) because then there's no point in giving the hero a power up to begin with.

But in BP's case it would be pretty useful to have enemies that challenge him more so he's not just taking in other rogue's galleries.
    It isn't about buffing per say, it is about updating.

there are a lot of old villains sprinkled throughout the pre-priest era that just need modified to match the 21st century lol