Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    It isn't about buffing per say, it is about updating.

there are a lot of old villains sprinkled throughout the pre-priest era that just need modified to match the 21st century lol
    I think they need both.

It is a sort of arms race. Ideally the villain should be powerful enough to beat the hero. T'Challa has powered up since the the pre-Priest era, and any old villains wanting to step up probably should do the same.

Madam Slay sending a leopard to attack T'Challa just won't cut it anymore. Maybe a genetically engineered were leopard or something might work. Point being, the bar got higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Skedatz View Post
    For sure they definitely could use an update. But some of them can be a bit more powerful so they present a bigger threat to BP himself. I don't mean like giving them ridiculous amounts of strength or something, but something that makes it more than just an obstacle.
    They've done it with other villains for some time so why not BP foes.

Like you said, they don't need to go over he top but they need to be able to present a formidable challenge.

I think, if you are going to use other peoples rogue galleries... you have 3 options:

1) Use such a minor villain as a mook that it exists simply as someone to punch. Like say, Priest's use of Hydro-Man or even Hudlin's use of Red Ghost or Liss using Hatemonger. T'challa isn't going to steal this dude, it was just a one or two issue story to give T'challa someone to beat up while setting up someone else. This is fine. They either have to have interesting powers or a name.

This would be liek stealing the Fenris twins for a bit. The problem with Coates, is that he let them get away too often and didn't even have T'challa beat them on his own.

2) Using someone you can possibly steal. This would be the "Moses Magnum" clause.

3) Use a big name. Mephisto, Doom, Kingpin are past examples. Someone that is an actual big deal.

People like Stane and Adversary are the 4th option.... shitty middle ground of rogues you can't steal, take up too much panel space, and no one gives a shit about lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Which is why the idea of the game taking place in Wakanda might not be a good idea due to the fact that some people won't like the idea of Wakanda to be under attack, which would indirectly point to the fact that T'Challa may not be a great leader in the game.

I'm thinking of a whole open-world/spy espionage game identifying potential threats to Wakanda with the Kimoyo beads as an essential tool. Think of it as Hitman+Watch Dogs 2+The Batman games = Black Panther videogame
    I can get behind this. I don't like the Batman companions outside of stealth tho. Speed and strength wise his on Captain America tier so closer to Spider-Man than a regular human. So he can go up against crazy enemies and we don't have to bat an eye

Last edited by Jabare; 06-12-2018 at 07:15 AM.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Doom War anyone?

As far as villains, I've said it countless times. BP needs his own Sinister Six and I don't care if it's new characters or taking from someone else's rogues.

This would be a way to showcase all of BP's skills and tech the same way Spidey's Six does for him.
    A sinister 6 sort of thing can be fun. But it's also potentially damaging to the villains unless they can collectively come off looking like beasts.

Because once T'Challa shows he can beat all six at once, it waters down the notion that anyone of them are a threat to him alone.

I think, if you are going to use other peoples rogue galleries... you have 3 options:

1) Use such a minor villain as a mook that it exists simply as someone to punch. Like say, Priest's use of Hydro-Man or even Hudlin's use of Red Ghost or Liss using Hatemonger. T'challa isn't going to steal this dude, it was just a one or two issue story to give T'challa someone to beat up while setting up someone else. This is fine. They either have to have interesting powers or a name.

This would be liek stealing the Fenris twins for a bit. The problem with Coates, is that he let them get away too often and didn't even have T'challa beat them on his own.

2) Using someone you can possibly steal. This would be the "Moses Magnum" clause.

3) Use a big name. Mephisto, Doom, Kingpin are past examples. Someone that is an actual big deal.

People like Stane and Adversary are the 4th option.... shitty middle ground of rogues you can't steal, take up too much panel space, and no one gives a shit about lol
    Again, maybe wishful thinking on my part but I think you can steal Adversary at least. Stane is more of a long shot.

Bring back Kiber. Boost him and let him and Magnum be the main BP villains, using the C and D list heroes as pawns to get to BP.

I think The Master could also be a good BP rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    A sinister 6 sort of thing can be fun. But it's also potentially damaging to the villains unless they can collectively come off looking like beasts.

Because once T'Challa shows he can beat all six at once, it waters down the notion that anyone of them are a threat to him alone.
    Supremacists basically exist as a team up villain team.

But, I could see a team lead by say... Solomon Prey working.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Again, maybe wishful thinking on my part but I think you can steal Adversary at least. Stane is more of a long shot.
    I think he is too connected to Forge and the X franchise.

Uncanny X-Force vol 2 wasn't that long ago

Bring back Kiber. Boost him and let him and Magnum be the main BP villains, using the C and D list heroes as pawns to get to BP.

Pull him out of Alpha Flight? Who will threaten Canada then?

I'd like to see a storyline where someone like the Crimson Dynamo invades Wakanda for technology or something. Or a Stealth Dynamo. Like a Russian spy thriller theme.

Hasn't hurt Spidey's SS. And they are the fodder villains to show what BP can do while the main villain plans from afar. And you can rotate in New villains to shake up the group.

They are there for the feats.

Quote Originally Posted by Skedatz View Post
    Pull him out of Alpha Flight? Who will threaten Canada then?

I'd like to see a storyline where someone like the Crimson Dynamo invades Wakanda for technology or something. Or a Stealth Dynamo. Like a Russian spy thriller theme.

There's this guy living in the White House....

Madam Slay
    Zenzi
    Zanda
    Malice
    *insert new character*

The Ferocious Feminine Five!

T'challa would be too distracted by all that exposed melanin middrift to form a strategy to beat them lol

Madam Slay
    Zenzi
    Zanda
    Malice
    *insert new character*

The Ferocious Feminine Five!

T'challa would be too distracted by all that exposed melanin middrift to form a strategy to beat them lol
    I don't know if DC own's the rights but The Fatal Five would be a good name.

Steal Threnody from X-limbo to complete the five. Or Madame Hydra(Not Viper. There was a Madame Hydra from the Nick Fury vs SHIELD mini).

Coates did that too with Tetu and Zenzi. He's creating, he's borrowing, and he's using an existing one with Klaw. He's basically doing all of the above.

With the current arc it's pretty much guaranteed he's using new characters all around. It'll be interesting to see if any carry over when the story is done.
    Lol no. The minute Coates had Tetu knocked on his ass by Akili and Zenzis power neutralized by a speech by fraking Chang, any sort of credibility from them went down the drain. They had potential to be powerful, but instead Coates decided to make T'Challa weak because his mind can't believe T'Challa is an actual powerful Character. It's Even more insulting that Coates tried to reference DND for the creation of the characters because they were laughably bad