Page 504 of 5186 FirstFirst ... 440445449450050150250350450550650750851455460410041504 ... LastLast
Results 7,546 to 7,560 of 77781
    BANNED

Anyway, who among you guys have thought that BP and Storm will be getting married before the news of BP getting married was even stated/mentioned/released/revealed?

So much complaint for a story that isn't even 3/4ths over yet. I seem to recall the same level of complaints at the start of Liss' run.

Naming and then killing wakandan teens is better writing than not naming and killing random foot soldier. It makes it actually connect more with the reader and gives the reader something to root about. Unless you guys can count off the top of your head how many foot soldiers Proxty and crew ran through I'd say Black Swans killing of the three wakandan talents held more weight and got a large number of readers on T'challa's side.

Panther built the ark that will save some part of humanity. Who cares if it wasn't his idea to "find a way not to lose". That is something substantial I'd say. Hickman must be doing something right based on the number of readers cheering for Panther over Namor and the interest that conflict has in comparison to the overal epic storyline. As well as the number of books Panther is about to appear in during secret war, because I remember a time when Panther wasn't involved, Wakanda didn't get involved, and Nobody was using him.

Also, all these wakandan deaths, Shuri and the teens specfically, are capable of being "reversed" a the end of this entire story arch when the universe inevitably corrects itself for marvel's new world. So who do we care to see more revived? Wakandan foot soldier number 22 or the teen geniuses N'kono, T'Dori, and Kimo?

T'challa is in a good spot as far as Marvel goes. I don't mean storywise obviously but he's in an enviable position and many other fans of many other characters would pay huge money to have their favorite character be involved in this storyline and the number of upcoming books that t'challa is set to appear in.

Hickman is still doing T'challa just fine. I'd like a T'challa that solves all this by his lonesome too but that wouldn't be very fair to the story planned.

Lets try and remember how, with whom, and where this story of Beyonders killing constructs, Thanos invading, and multiversal death all started.

I still trust Hickman

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    So much complaint for a story that isn't even 3/4ths over yet. I seem to recall the same level of complaints at the start of Liss' run.

Naming and then killing wakandan teens is better writing than not naming and killing random foot soldier. It makes it actually connect more with the reader and gives the reader something to root about. Unless you guys can count off the top of your head how many foot soldiers Proxty and crew ran through I'd say Black Swans killing of the three wakandan talents held more weight and got a large number of readers on T'challa's side.

Panther built the ark that will save some part of humanity. Who cares if it wasn't his idea to "find a way not to lose". That is something substantial I'd say. Hickman must be doing something right based on the number of readers cheering for Panther over Namor and the interest that conflict has in comparison to the overal epic storyline. As well as the number of books Panther is about to appear in during secret war, because I remember a time when Panther wasn't involved, Wakanda didn't get involved, and Nobody was using him.

Also, all these wakandan deaths, Shuri and the teens specfically, are capable of being "reversed" a the end of this entire story arch when the universe inevitably corrects itself for marvel's new world. So who do we care to see more revived? Wakandan foot soldier number 22 or the teen geniuses N'kono, T'Dori, and Kimo?
    I have no doubt Wakanda will be brought back. None whatsoever. I also imagine that it will be in a better state than we last saw when it does come back. The question is who's coming back with it and how much will have changed?

We find out after Secret Wars is over.

Thanks for keeping hopes up Ekie. You're right on a lot of that.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

We have been saying this since t'challa first told Namor he is goign to kill him. how long do we get to play the "faith in hickman!" card? In regards to T'challa, how has hickman earned that?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    We have been saying this since t'challa first told Namor he is goign to kill him. how long do we get to play the "faith in hickman!" card? In regards to T'challa, how has hickman earned that?
    If you had faith in Hickman to have Namor killed, then yeah... you're likely going to have a long long wait. Obviously he's not going to just Namor killed just because T'Challa said so, and to be blunt he shouldn't. And I'd say the same thing if the roles were reversed and Namor vowed to kill T'Challa.

But as far as T'Challa and the rest of the heroes having some good showings, I think we're still at the "wait and see" point. Right now they're in a situation where they're essentially designed to fail. But it's pretty much a given that the heroes will win in the end (as in the end of Secret Wars). That's where we can really judge who did what.

He tried and failed.
    Not because Namor was better or smarter...T'challa got cocky and Namor got extremely lucky. Plus it's not like they aren't going to run into eachother again.

I can't speak for others, but my trust in Hickman is based on my satisfaction and enjoyment of his other works (as well as the fact that I'm enjoying the current story at hand). I think he sticks the landing quite well, and so my hope is that his Avengers/New Avengers/Secret Wars is narratively satisfying. With the way T'Challa has been positioned, there are only a couple ways the overall narrative can go and still have the story work.

That being said, history has taught us that T'Challa often ends up on the receiving end of story failings, and so while I look forward to the end, I know the risk of dissatisfaction. I think we're all pretty much at a "Wait and see" point. For some like myself, that means keep reading and see what happens. For others that means putting the story aside and waiting on the outcome before investing anymore (financially, mentally, emotionally). And for others, the actions that have already taken place aren't worth whatever resolution the story may have. I think those are all respectable decisions. However, until the end, none of us will know what happens to T'Challa and Wakanda. Unless one of you has a time machine, in which case, I think we have bigger things we could be working on.

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post

If Marvel wants Strange, Carol, and T'Challa to have a chance in theaters, the push needs to start before the movies. And in T'Challa's case, before Civil War.
    Minor nitpick, but that's not strictly accurate. Most of the audience members have never read a comic book in their life, regardless of popularity. There isn't some huge legion of people who are gonna be swayed into watching a BP film based off what is going on in the comics. That's not just T'Challa it goes for Captain Marvel, Ant-Man, and Doctor Strange as well.

If they can successfully market the movie and entice viewers then it will work. But prominence or popularity in the comics has nothing to do with potential box office success. As you yourself just mentioned the Big Hero 6 had a massive hit movie despite having a grand total of two mini-series and a few guest appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Minor nitpick, but that's not strictly accurate. Most of the audience members have never read a comic book in their life, regardless of popularity. There isn't some huge legion of people who are gonna be swayed into watching a BP film based off what is going on in the comics. That's not just T'Challa it goes for Captain Marvel, Ant-Man, and Doctor Strange as well.

If they can successfully market the movie and entice viewers then it will work. But prominence or popularity in the comics has nothing to do with potential box office success. As you yourself just mentioned the Big Hero 6 had a massive hit movie despite having a grand total of two mini-series and a few guest appearances.
    Big hero 6 is an entirely different animal since it's animated. PPl take their kids to see those movies all the time without care of what it's about. GOTG got a massive push pre it's movie and the characters were everywhere to the point of inescapability. T'challa and Carol deserve that same treatment
    Last edited by Ekie; 03-17-2015 at 08:01 PM.

Great points! Everybody in New Avengers is having a pretty rough time but I'm still very much enjoying Hickman's story. It looks like Secret Wars is going to be complete madness so who knows how things will work out for T'Challa in the end. With everything he's lost, there's really no telling what's next for the character. That's actually kind of exciting, to me.

Big hero 6 is an entirely different animal since it's animated. PPl take their kids to see those movies all the time without care of what it's about.
    Literally the exact same thing could be said for Guardians of the Galaxy. Do you think there were a bunch of parents who were ardent Guardians fans who took their kids to see the movie because they loved reading Bendis' run? They got a push in comics. Sure. Outside of comics nobody knew who they were, to the point that the movie was considered a massive joke at one point. That's why everyone was so surprised when it was a hit.

It was a hit because it was a great movie and was well marketed. It's success had nothing to do with the Guardians getting pushed in the comics because at the end of the day, most people do not read or care about the source material.

I've said this before but since marvel is pretty much milking they're franchises to the fullest after the reboot/secret wars they should do two black panther series. One staring shuri that's set in Wakanda. It focuses on Shuri leading the country with t'challa appearing occasionally. It focuses on the political, scientific, magical and historical aspects of Wakanda. It would be a great way of actually showing Wakanda for the amazing advanced nation it is. Eventually there could even be a war as a way to show how Shuri and T'challa are strategists and masterminds. The other series focuses on T'challa as an adventuret and his role in the marvel universe. These books would be perfect. It probably won't happen but me and my money can only dream. On a side note new avengers feels like a fantastic four story that has been mascarading as an avengers story. I feel more and more certain of that as time goes by.