Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Tell that to the retailers going nuts over that 100 pager from DC.

The Wakanda Forever book comes out in November as trade. The only thing Panther linked is MBJ's Creed 2-so maybe Killmonger is going show up.

Other than that the only other thing Panther that comes out is Jordan's Hot Toys Killmonger figure.
    The new avengers season should be out this fall. That would be a good spot for a side book.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    While I tend to agree, I do think it can get comic fans who aren't necessarily Black Panther fans to check out a book that did well in a movie. I think Iron Man got a boost from the movies, for example.
    I don't think those fans are goign to check out a Lexus Advertisement disquised as a comic or a digital only book with terrible art though.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Prince N'jobo doesn't give a FRAK about Wakanda any more...

First he becomes a radicalized black militant turned traitor to Wakanda and now he's helping another government research Predator technology!

I'm done with dude!

And now, for something COMPLETELY different:

King T'Challa: Old woman!
    Erik: Man.
    King T'Challa: Man, sorry. What tribe lives in that mountain over there?
    Erik: I'm 37.
    King T'Challa: What?
    Erik: I'm 37. I'm not old.
    King T'Challa: Well I can't just call you "man".
    Erik: Well you could say "Erik".
    King T'Challa: I didn't know you were called Erik.
    Erik: Well you didn't bother to find out, did you?
    King T'Challa: I did say sorry about the "old woman", but from behind you looked...
    Erik: What I object to is you automatically treat me like an inferior.
    King T'Challa: Well, I am king.
    Erik: Oh, king eh? Very nice. And how'd you get that, eh? By exploiting the workers. By hanging on to outdated imperialist dogma which perpetuates the economic and social differences in our society. If there's ever gonna be any progress...
    Malice: Erik! There's some lovely ore down here... Oh! How do you do?
    [Erik joins Malice in the nearby ore pit]
    King T'Challa: How do you do, good lady? I am T'Challa, king of the Wakandas. Whose mountain is that?
    Malice: King of the who?
    King T'Challa: The Wakandas.
    Malice: Who're the "Wakandas"?
    King T'Challa: Well, we all are. We're all Wakandan, and I am your king.
    Malice: Well, I didn't vote for you.
    King T'Challa: You don't vote for kings.
    Malice: Well, how'd you become king, then?
    [Tribal music plays...]
    King T'Challa: The Panther God, her pelt coated in the deepest midnight, took me to her Pavillion after I took the heart-shaped herb, signifying by divine providence that I, T'Challa, was to carry the mantle of Black Panther. That is why I am your king.
    Erik: Listen. Strange felines lying in pavillions distributing tights is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical botanical ceremony.
    T'Challa: Be quiet!
    Erik: You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some furry tart threw a suit at you!
    T'Challa: Shut up!
    Erik: I mean, if I went around saying I was an emperor just because some fuzzy bint had lobbed a costume at me, they'd put me away!
    T'Challa: [grabs Erik] Shut up! Will you shut up?!
    Erik: Ah, now we see the violence inherent in the system!
    T'Challa: [shakes Erik] Shut up!
    Erik: Oh! Come and see the violence inherent in the system! Help, help, I'm being repressed!
    T'Challa: Bloody Colonizer!
    Erik: Ooh, what a giveaway! Did you hear that? Did you hear that, eh? That's what I'm on about! Did you see him repressing me? You saw it, didn't you?
    Last edited by DigiCom; 06-26-2018 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Tweaks. :)

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I don't think those fans are goign to check out a Lexus Advertisement disquised as a comic or a digital only book with terrible art though.
    Oh, no, probably not. I thought we were talking about Rise.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    butterflykiss why would you do that to yourself...

Fasten your seatbelts this ride might get a bit bumpy...

Warrior Falls.

The elders along with many of Wakanda's faithful gathered to witness this rare event.

Members from every tribe took standing room only positions up and down the waterfall in fact Kimoyo beads displayed the digital layout for all to see in even the most remote locations of Wakanda.

Festivals were put on hold, important appointments delayed just to see the final outcome of this contest.

Nakia stood firm yet nervous knowing full well what she had gotten herself into but she was Wakandan and Wakandans don't run from a fight no matter who it is.

Her opponent was none other than the X-men's Storm who started this whole mess with one statement just moments ago...

Storm: "I'm exercising my right as a sidepiece to challenge for Queen of Wakanda!"

At first the elders scoffed at the idea of an "outsider" challenging for the right to be queen but then the king himself said...

King T'challa: "Awright Bet!"

So here they were two warrior women ready to duel for the right to rule Wakanda alongside the very man that they both loved.

Nakia ran through her various contingency plans of what she would do when facing a super powered being that could control weather.

Could she dodge lightning, outmaneuver the mighty vacuum of a tornado or stay anaerobically engaged if the very wind in her lungs was snatched from her violently.

Damn, why didn't she pay attention way back when T'challa was teaching her the weaknesses of the various X-men instead of staring into his pretty brown eyes so long ago.

In her heart she knew that if this lead to her death she would go out on her shield for the man that she loved and the country that she held so dear.

Her thoughts were interrupted by the all too familiar sound of drums beating and waves of Wakandan citizens doing that tribal dance arms crossed in salute.

Storm stood at a distance feet ankle deep in the water smiling wickedly at Nakia as lightning raced through her now turning from blue to white eyes as the skies over Wakanda darkened above them.

Nakia braced for what would be an electrically shocking impact when suddenly...

King T'challa: "The power of the Storm Goddess shall now be stripped away!"

Storm: "Wait... What!"

King T'challa placed two clamping bracelets upon Storm's wrists and suddenly the weather went from 0-100 to a really nice sunny day with a light cool breeze.

Storm: "You had mutant dampening bracelets all this time... YOU BASTARD!!!"

King T'challa: "You know me it's how I do... You want a spear or a shield or something?"

Storm: "I can't use no spear you FRAKKING primitive savages this isn't fair!"

Meanwhile, Nakia who was all smiles now started stretching, running in place and shadow boxing with a renewed energy.

Nakia: "I have been waiting for this moment my entire life!"

King T'challa: "HEY!"

Nakia: "My bad... Too soon!"

King T'challa: "Let the challenge begin."

Nakia dropkicks Storm and just straight beats her down Fifth Ward Geto Boys style with little or no resistance and stops for a moment to look up and catch the eye of one of Storm's most loyal fans who snuck in past W'kabi's terrible border protection plan that somehow can't prevent single engine prop planes from landing... butterflykiss!

Whomp!

Nakia: "Is this your queen?"

Smack!

Whack!

Nakia: "Storm Goddess... Supposed to lead the X-men into the future... The Headmistress... Can't keep a solo comic ongoing... Wolverine's break in case of emergency chick!"

butterflykiss catches pheelings real quick and tears up seeing his idol powerless to defend herself...

butterflykiss: "C'mon Storm Goddess get up!"

Nakia takes Storm over the shoulder in a fireman's carry and tosses her with her silvery white haired weave dangling over the falls splashing below.

Nakia: "NAW... I'm your queen now!"

I’m gonna need to see a fan film of this. Like now.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Flex,

That was one of your funniest ever posts. I hope Butterkisses takes it in good humor. Thank you for making me laugh today!

Yeah, but we were talking about floppies in the story... so that's Rise, not the Lexus car thing.

And I think Rise had a descent chance of attracting the attention of a non-BP comic reader who might have liked the movie. Again, it was worth a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    4.99 is a lot to ask for a book about supporting characters. Nnedi is going to have to be a 10/10 for this to work. Her first BP run was average, but her sci-fi work is good.

I expect something decently written but probably not something we are exactly the target audience for to be honest..

They tried that he Klaws of the Panther. And that was with the normal amount of pages.
    Very Tru, but that failed imo because art was awful & the writing worse.. JM had already burned his bridge with the vast majority of real BP/Wakanda/Shuri & etc fans at that point with failwar & and that trash he wrote in that age of Heroes/heroic age mini.. matter of fact he burned the bridge covered in concrete and then lay asphalt on top of that lol

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    Very Tru, but that failed imo because art was awful & the writing worse.. JM had already burned his bridge with the vast majority of real BP/Wakanda/Shuri & etc fans at that point with failwar & and that trash he wrote in that age of Heroes/heroic age mini.. matter of fact he burned the bridge covered in concrete and then lay asphalt on top of that lol
    The real funny part was thinking that having Wolverine in the book was going to make it a huge seller.

Total dud.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    The real funny part was thinking that having Wolverine in the book was going to make it a huge seller.

Total dud.

Spider-Man was up in there too. The concept was solid, but the art was "what is this". Also I remember JM giving Shuri and anger management problem. She was threatening to kill everyone. lol. This from the man who made her a Paris Hilton type before she took on the mantle. lol

Since we're on the subject of that area, does anyone else think it would have worked better story wise if they had left Tchalla in the coma and let Shuri have solo star status until "Man without Fear" started?

Since we're on the subject of that area, does anyone else think it would have worked better story wise if they had left Tchalla in the coma and let Shuri have solo star status until "Man without Fear" started?
    I think in some ways it would have made for sense, as far as Shuri getting the throne. Because T'Challa recovered from his coma, I honestly felt it was unnecessary to strip T'Challa of the Black Panther mantle. I can understand having Shuri act as a temporary ruler, but given T'Challa was up and about fairly quickly it didn't seem necessary.

That said, it's always a HUGE risk to bench the lead character of a book. It's safer to just keep T'Challa around, as there will always be understandable resentment whenever a main character is replaced.

BANNED

I am just not 100% sure who this book is for.

On the surface, it looks like a book they hope ends up on the Amazon GN list. movie Okoye front and center and backed up by the bigger groups at Marvel (Spider-man, X-men, Avengers) with a dose of LGBT representation.

but if that is the case... why the hell wasn't this made 4 months ago?

How can a company this large have no foresight whatsoever?

By the time this is out, Black Panther movie is going to be two MCU movies away. Three comic book movies away. By the time it hits Amazon in a trade, people are gonna forget Black Panther movie existed.

The completely mismanaged BP comics in relation to the movie.
    No one is going to forget the Black Panther movie, zero.

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    butterflykiss why would you do that to yourself...

Fasten your seatbelts this ride might get a bit bumpy...

Warrior Falls.

The elders along with many of Wakanda's faithful gathered to witness this rare event.

Members from every tribe took standing room only positions up and down the waterfall in fact Kimoyo beads displayed the digital layout for all to see in even the most remote locations of Wakanda.

Festivals were put on hold, important appointments delayed just to see the final outcome of this contest.

Nakia stood firm yet nervous knowing full well what she had gotten herself into but she was Wakandan and Wakandans don't run from a fight no matter who it is.

Her opponent was none other than the X-men's Storm who started this whole mess with one statement just moments ago...

Storm: "I'm exercising my right as a sidepiece to challenge for Queen of Wakanda!"

At first the elders scoffed at the idea of an "outsider" challenging for the right to be queen but then the king himself said...

King T'challa: "Awright Bet!"

So here they were two warrior women ready to duel for the right to rule Wakanda alongside the very man that they both loved.

Nakia ran through her various contingency plans of what she would do when facing a super powered being that could control weather.

Could she dodge lightning, outmaneuver the mighty vacuum of a tornado or stay anaerobically engaged if the very wind in her lungs was snatched from her violently.

Damn, why didn't she pay attention way back when T'challa was teaching her the weaknesses of the various X-men instead of staring into his pretty brown eyes so long ago.

In her heart she knew that if this lead to her death she would go out on her shield for the man that she loved and the country that she held so dear.

Her thoughts were interrupted by the all too familiar sound of drums beating and waves of Wakandan citizens doing that tribal dance arms crossed in salute.

Storm stood at a distance feet ankle deep in the water smiling wickedly at Nakia as lightning raced through her now turning from blue to white eyes as the skies over Wakanda darkened above them.

Nakia braced for what would be an electrically shocking impact when suddenly...

King T'challa: "The power of the Storm Goddess shall now be stripped away!"

Storm: "Wait... What!"

King T'challa placed two clamping bracelets upon Storm's wrists and suddenly the weather went from 0-100 to a really nice sunny day with a light cool breeze.

Storm: "You had mutant dampening bracelets all this time... YOU BASTARD!!!"

King T'challa: "You know me it's how I do... You want a spear or a shield or something?"

Storm: "I can't use no spear you FRAKKING primitive savages this isn't fair!"

Meanwhile, Nakia who was all smiles now started stretching, running in place and shadow boxing with a renewed energy.

Nakia: "I have been waiting for this moment my entire life!"

King T'challa: "HEY!"

Nakia: "My bad... Too soon!"

King T'challa: "Let the challenge begin."

Nakia dropkicks Storm and just straight beats her down Fifth Ward Geto Boys style with little or no resistance and stops for a moment to look up and catch the eye of one of Storm's most loyal fans who snuck in past W'kabi's terrible border protection plan that somehow can't prevent single engine prop planes from landing... butterflykiss!

Whomp!

Smack!

Whack!

Nakia: "Storm Goddess... Supposed to lead the X-men into the future... The Headmistress... Can't keep a solo comic ongoing... Wolverine's break in case of emergency chick!"

butterflykiss catches pheelings real quick and tears up seeing his idol powerless to defend herself...

butterflykiss: "C'mon Storm Goddess get up!"

Nakia takes Storm over the shoulder in a fireman's carry and tosses her with her silvery white haired weave dangling over the falls splashing below.

Nakia: "NAW... I'm your queen now!"

Why don't you have a BP ongoing already??