Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Like Raptors. They attack not from the front, but from the side.
    Or they make stealth threads to attack BP.

We've seen plenty of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Dad View Post
    I am a little different from most fans of BP. I really liked him in the 70's, and then really latched on during the Jungle Action run. I am reading the "new stuff" like Priest and Hudlin which I love, but I have only read the recent books by Coates. Issue #2 was good in my opinion. I have a feeling from the posts here that I will not like this fellow after I read his earlier stuff, but for now, I really do like these first 2 issues. This issue T'Challa is a Bad A$$ /and this has been said already/. I almost don't want to read the earlier stuff so I won't have this bias towards the writer. I look forward to issue #3 almost as much as I look forward to Flex's next ROTFLMFAO post.
    Hey MD, at least you've gone back to read past stories so that you can compare and form an opinion instead of basing your opinions on a post you saw somewhere.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I thought this issue picked up the pace action wise. Nice second issue but i feel like we are thrust into the action with not enough insight into BP motives at the moment. I think it was a good comic lots of nice art and we got a central figure revealed. I'm okay with this being a story that picks up on a old storyline and can be explained as a alternate ending. It also can be a storyline that can be picked up for future use in the 616 if this is not seen as canon.

So far i'm enjoying the ride the story has me interested in where this leads to. The art is great.

butterflykiss when are you going to stop showing scans from comics that hardly sell just above cancellation levels...

Necropolis.

Storm thought there was something fishy about that heart shaped herbal tea Queen Mother gave her.

As she eluded Wakanda's state police who had an immigration arrest warrant out for her she made her way inside to where that very herb grew.

The place was in ashes as a fire had blazed a furious trail from a disgruntled "Outsider" king that legend had it lasted barely a day on the throne.

Queen Mother was kind enough to inform her that if she evaded the authorities that she had in fact sent after her and got to this location she should bury herself in the sacred sands there.

Why Queen Mother would both help and yet try to hinder her was beyond Storm's comprehension after all this place was a mad house and their ways were very foreign to most outsiders.

Storm lay down and with an I Dream of Genie magic move she covered herself head to toe via a cyclonic dust storm.

Storm awakened in a very Prince from Purple Rain like ancestral plane and made her way over to a very heated discussion beneath a tree full of black leopards...

King Killmonger: "I don't care what happened before that I found my daddy with panther claws in his chest!"

King T'chaka: "Oh let it go nephew your daddy was a radicalized nutcase... The FRAK wrong with your bloodline working with Klaw like yaw'll got no sense!"

King Killmonger: "I was a little boy..."

King T'chaka: "I saw yo little punk @$$ out the window you were playing ball and your crossover was weak... There was no way I was bringing a baller back to Wakanda who had no left hand!"

King Killmonger: "I got game... I got game!"

King T'chaka: "Hold up... WTF! Can I help you miss?"

Storm: "Hi, uhm my name is Storm... Queen Mother suggested that I speak with T'challa's father about our relationship."

King T'chaka: "You know we dead right?"

Storm: "Yes, but in the land of the living I have feelings for your son and..."

King T'chaka: "My son has loved Nakia since day one what part of that don't you understand?"

Storm: "I know I just..."

King T'chaka: "Did you win his hand in ritual combat? Did you defeat Nakia head to head?"

Storm: "Not exactly."

King T'chaka: "Ok, speak it and get it right the first time... GO!"

Storm draws a deep breathe...

Storm: "W... Wuh... WAKANDA FORENSICS!"

King Killmonger: "All types of fail!"

King T'chaka: "Help me out nephew I'm looking for the right words..."

King Killmonger: "On the west coast we just say Bye Felicia!"

King T'chaka: "Yeah, what he said... It's time you left Wakanda and return home to your own people!"

Storm: "I GOT NO WHERE ELSE TO GO!"

Issue 2 wasn't bad. It wasn't great but it was good enough (really the art is what is saving it) there seems to be a lot of name dropping and taking thing's from the movie (no surprise there) but really it's the art that is making this decent. Otherwise it's a very generic starwarse like book. No shade on T'Challa and he was doing things himself instead of.. delegating the feats m

Erik's habit os cool but the eyes need to be smaller. 6.5-6.9/10

Like Raptors. They attack not from the front, but from the side.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Issue 2 wasn't bad. It wasn't great but it was good enough (really the art is what is saving it) there seems to be a lot of name dropping and taking thing's from the movie (no surprise there) but really it's the art that is making this decent. Otherwise it's a very generic starwarse like book. No shade on T'Challa and he was doing things himself instead of.. delegating the feats m

Erik's habit os cool but the eyes need to be smaller. 6.5-6.9/10
    spoilers:
    While I was at the gym I realized that based on the way that habit worked he was going for the Venom eyes. It just didn't work well with the traditional BP look.
    end of spoilers

For those of you into the behind the scenes special effects this is a good read...

https://www.creativebloq.com/feature...thers-epic-vfx

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    oh I know the difference. it's one thing to make criticisms about his approach with wakanda and tchalla, but to call him "chokes", poking fun at him for integrating the xmen in his stories, specifically Ororo (who btw wouldnt be in his stories of not for hudlin) doesnt come off like criticism. it sounds and reads like hating.

exactly. people praise hudlin for how he wrote tchalla but some would rank him as one of the worst storm writers ever. just depends on your perspective.

thank you for making this distinction because it sometimes seems like this here imo.
    If the shoe fits.

It's not like any if the core BP enthusiasts go over to other forums to pontificate as to how great of a character T'challa is whilst diminishing other characters achievements in their dedicated appreciation threads.

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    butterflykiss when are you going to stop showing scans from comics that hardly sell just above cancellation levels...

Necropolis.

Storm thought there was something fishy about that heart shaped herbal tea Queen Mother gave her.

As she eluded Wakanda's state police who had an immigration arrest warrant out for her she made her way inside to where that very herb grew.

The place was in ashes as a fire had blazed a furious trail from a disgruntled "Outsider" king that legend had it lasted barely a day on the throne.

Queen Mother was kind enough to inform her that if she evaded the authorities that she had in fact sent after her and got to this location she should bury herself in the sacred sands there.

Why Queen Mother would both help and yet try to hinder her was beyond Storm's comprehension after all this place was a mad house and their ways were very foreign to most outsiders.

Storm lay down and with an I Dream of Genie magic move she covered herself head to toe via a cyclonic dust storm.

Storm awakened in a very Prince from Purple Rain like ancestral plane and made her way over to a very heated discussion beneath a tree full of black leopards...

King Killmonger: "I don't care what happened before that I found my daddy with panther claws in his chest!"

King T'chaka: "Oh let it go nephew your daddy was a radicalized nutcase... The FRAK wrong with your bloodline working with Klaw like yaw'll got no sense!"

King T'chaka: "I saw yo little punk @$$ out the window you were playing ball and your crossover was weak... There was no way I was bringing a baller back to Wakanda who had no left hand!"

Storm: "Hi, uhm my name is Storm... Queen Mother suggested that I speak with T'challa's father about our relationship."

King T'chaka: "My son has loved Nakia since day one what part of that don't you understand?"

King T'chaka: "Did you win his hand in ritual combat? Did you defeat Nakia head to head?"

King T'chaka: "Yeah, what he said... It's time you left Wakanda and return home to your own people!"

Oh sweet bast someone please get this man a Comic strip! Where do you get these ideas, they are GOLD. Had me cracking up at the no crossover bit.. someone has to draw these

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I'll put it to you like this BK.

Remember how upset Storm fans were because they thought Jean had come back from the dead to steal her shine?

They wondered why Jean was doing things that Storm should have been doing.

Remember the posters who were defending Jean.

And then there were the posters who would question Jeans feats and what she could and couldn't do?

It's was like that everyday in the BP thread. Real fans were getting the ban hammer because trolls would come into start isn't.

Or there were poster who knew nothing about BP but would repeat some bs they heard an Unfan say.

We even had a poster who talked much isht about BP only to later admit they never read his comics.

So when some posters come in here and say that Coates is the best BP writer and his BP is the best thing ever, you'll have to understand that there are some of us who've read lots of BP and don't believe that isht one bit.

Like if a poster said that Cyclops is better than Storm. Remember those arguments?

That was the BP thread everyday.
    Some choose to act like they don't know.

spoilers:
    While I was at the gym I realized that based on the way that habit worked he was going for the Venom eyes. It just didn't work well with the traditional BP look.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah I saw that as soon as he appeared.. it just didn't work though. They should of been regular but remained the same color. Otherwise the habit looks great.

spoilers:
    though I'm guessing he is fused with a symbiote to get him an extra boost given how his habit wrecked that dude,
    end of spoilers

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I'll put it to you like this BK.

Remember how upset Storm fans were because they thought Jean had come back from the dead to steal her shine?

They wondered why Jean was doing things that Storm should have been doing.

Remember the posters who were defending Jean.

And then there were the posters who would question Jeans feats and what she could and couldn't do?

It's was like that everyday in the BP thread. Real fans were getting the ban hammer because trolls would come into start isn't.

Or there were poster who knew nothing about BP but would repeat some bs they heard an Unfan say.

We even had a poster who talked much isht about BP only to later admit they never read his comics.

So when some posters come in here and say that Coates is the best BP writer and his BP is the best thing ever, you'll have to understand that there are some of us who've read lots of BP and don't believe that isht one bit.

Like if a poster said that Cyclops is better than Storm. Remember those arguments?

That was the BP thread everyday.
    Hey Marvell. I understand your points and that is horrible people would purposefully go out of their way to troll fans here. And I remember all of what mentioned in relation to her forum. For the record, I cant speak to the older BP books because I havent read them. I personally like the story Coates is telling, specifically in regards to Tchalla interaction with Ororo. I also think it's fair if people dont like what Coates has done with tchalla but how some choose to discuss their frustration it does at times read like hating versus criticism. But who am I to talk I was doing the same thing in regards to Guggenhein as it relates to his writings of xmen.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    If the shoe fits.

It's not like any if the core BP enthusiasts go over to other forums to pontificate as to how great of a character T'challa is whilst diminishing other characters achievements in their dedicated appreciation threads.
    who is diminishing tchalla and his abilities though? if you are referencing the points I made about adversary I would argue the opposite was being done. saying tchalla can beat adversary, because he beat logos and mephisto, I dont think is giving the proper respect to adversary's achievements. it works both ways and being aware of the context as to how tchalla was able to win in those instances isnt diminishing his achievements; it's being respectful of them.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post

Necropolis.

wakanda is Ororos home. remember she was queen of this nation and now she is one of their protectors as the Hadari Yao, the only Wakandan god (that is until we discover what happened to bast and the others).