Page 5087 of 5186 FirstFirst ... 4087458749875037507750835084508550865087508850895090509150975137 ... LastLast
Results 76,291 to 76,305 of 77781
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    There's no doubt whatsoever that the book won't be able to sustain the sale numbers of the first issue.

But that said, I'm expecting the books sales will be fine.
    exactly most books dont.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

There's no doubt whatsoever that the book won't be able to sustain the sale numbers of the first issue.

That will depend on what Coates does to follow up Star Wars and what fine means to Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    exactly most books dont.
    Of course most books don't sustain the same sales as the first issue.

It's the amount of drop off that will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Of course most books don't sustain the same sales as the first issue.

It's the amount of drop off that will tell.
    yup I agree here. if its more than 40-50% I would be concerned.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    That will depend on what Coates does to follow up Star Wars and what fine means to Marvel.
    Really for almost any book if the numbers are in the 20k range they are probably safe enough from cancellation.

Though honestly even if the BP book did drop below that I suspect marvel would allow Coates to finish his run. He seems to do well in trades and online.

But obviously we'll see.

fair point. but number 1 did have to go through a second iteration of reprints so there is that as indication it sold pretty well.
    Not really. Second printings aren't all that meaningful when a company is capable of printing to match the number of pre-orders. Hell, I vaguely recall a book getting a second printing before the first one even hit the stands!

Really for almost any book if the numbers are in the 20k range they are probably safe enough from cancellation.

Though honestly even if the BP book did drop below that I suspect marvel would allow Coates to finish his run. He seems to do well in trades and online.

But obviously we'll see.
    agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Not really. Second printings aren't all that meaningful when a company is capable of printing to match the number of pre-orders. Hell, I vaguely recall a book getting a second printing before the first one even hit the stands!
    let me stop because i don't understand the mechanics associated with how comics make money. i thought if a book was going through second prints it was indication that demand for the comic was pretty high and that there was not an initial supply enough to support the demand. so you could be right. all in all, the point is we still have to wait and see how this book continues to do over the next several months.

let me stop because i don't understand the mechanics associated with how comics make money. i thought if a book was going through second prints it was indication that demand for the comic was pretty high and that there was not an initial supply enough to support the demand. so you could be right. all in all, the point is we still have to wait and see how this book continues to do over the next several months.
    Theoretically, yes, but Marvel has shown a willingness to game the system. Case in point:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/05...hird-printing/

Or, something even more egregious:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/06...cond-printing/

And in ALL of these cases, they only report orders to STORES. There are almost no figures available on how many of these books are actually sold to customers, or simply end up gathering dust in the dollar boxes.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Marvel doesn't report any sales numbers - to stores or otherwise. Diamond reports them to stores to help them understand how many issues they should order.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I agree with all of this that's why I was saying let's wait and see how well the first arc does. from all of the mostly positive feedback thus far I expect it to do well but u never know.
    Most of the positive reviews have been about the art. Which is what is carrying the book so far.

Where did anyone say anything about Numbers staying around issue 1? We all know that's it's going to drop, what people are wondering, is how fast will it drop back to his normal numbers before marvel does another gimmick to save it

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Where did anyone say anything about Numbers staying around issue 1? We all know that's it's going to drop, what people are wondering, is how fast will it drop back to his normal numbers before marvel does another gimmick to save it
    Read the post I was quoting. It said issue should be good for the first issue, then asks if it can be sustained.

And I was simply answering that no... the book won't be able to sustain it.

Theoretically, yes, but Marvel has shown a willingness to game the system. Case in point:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/05...hird-printing/

Or, something even more egregious:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/06...cond-printing/

And in ALL of these cases, they only report orders to STORES. There are almost no figures available on how many of these books are actually sold to customers, or simply end up gathering dust in the dollar boxes.
    well that is odd. thanks for clarification. jusy goes to show I have no idea how those things work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Marvel doesn't report any sales numbers - to stores or otherwise. Diamond reports them to stores to help them understand how many issues they should order.
    thanks beloved.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Most of the positive reviews have been about the art. Which is what is carrying the book so far.

the ones I have seen have been positive of both the art and writing. the art cant be the only reason people are picking up the book. people have to care about the story as well.

the ones I have seen have been positive of both the art and writing. the art cant be the only reason people are picking up the book. people have to care about the story as well.
    And this is where we see the fundamental flaw in the way comics are ordered. That 125K of sales? Those orders were finalized before a single retailer ever saw a single page, forget about actual readers. They couldn't have ordered the book based on the story, because they barely had an idea of what the story was about. It was a gamble, pure and simple.

The orders for issue #3... that's where we'll see what the impact of the new arc (and the new art) is.

And this is where we see the fundamental flaw in the way comics are ordered. That 125K of sales? Those orders were finalized before a single retailer ever saw a single page, forget about actual readers. They couldn't have ordered the book based on the story, because they barely had an idea of what the story was about. It was a gamble, pure and simple.

The orders for issue #3... that's where we'll see what the impact of the new arc (and the new art) is.
    well i take word on this. you seem to have a lot more knowledge as it relates to this stuff. are you liking the new arc or are you not reading it?