Page 5105 of 5186 FirstFirst ... 4105460550055055509551015102510351045105510651075108510951155155 ... LastLast
Results 76,561 to 76,575 of 77781

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    So #2 is still an 8,000 unit improvement? I guess #171 is the magic number to take out of incentives but, either way, there's still a relaunch boost.

Yeah, I'm aware of Hickman's story. But I'm talking about the entire Marvel continuity and not just his story. Coates's story fits in with what everyone else has done where Hickman's story doesn't fit in with Marvel continuity unless you take advantage that things aren't literally stated in order to interpret it in a less than intuitive way.
    Coates story doesn't fit in with everything else, The Ultimates title being evidence of that. The only book that had real leftover ramifications was Squadron Supreme.

Everyone else just moved on from the Incursions and everything prior.

Did Captain America ever bring up the fact that he was mindwiped by the Illuminati?

We forgot a book. Wakanda Forever did 26,162. That is not good for all the full page adds they did for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    We forgot a book. Wakanda Forever did 26,162. That is not good for all the full page adds they did for it.
    Ooops, you are right. I just searche dby "black panther" and forgot about it.

That is horrible lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    41. Black Panther #2 (Marvel) - 34,891 [47]

YIKES that was fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Some of the Gems looks like they were damaged in the fight with Doom. Maybe there was only one that would work.
    I'm just saying it probably would have been nice if we had 2 working gems (time and reality), given what Hickman had T'Challa do. Or just skip over the trip back to NA 1. But it was a nice scene... so I can see why it wanted it in there.

Under different circumstances I might say I'm just being overly nitpicky, but given he didn't even know which gem he used I feel okay being overly critical of his execution of the scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    So #2 is still an 8,000 unit improvement? I guess #171 is the magic number to take out of incentives but, either way, there's still a relaunch boost.
    Not totally unexpected.

There was buzz about the premise as soon as it showed up in Legacy #1.

+ Acuna has clout.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Remind me again how relaunches help a book?

Coates story doesn't fit in with everything else, The Ultimates title being evidence of that. The only book that had real leftover ramifications was Squadron Supreme.

Everyone else just moved on from the Incursions and everything prior.

Did Captain America ever bring up the fact that he was mindwiped by the Illuminati?

I suppose that was the upside of the 8 month time jump. It allowed anyone who didn't want to deal with the Secret War repurcissions (which understandably was MOST people) to just ignore it and move on. Plus the obvious issue that Secret Wars ended after a lot of these books started, so they basically had to ignore Secret Wars so as not to spoil it.

But there were only a small handful of books, like Squadron, which absolutely needed to address the Secret Wars fall out. For most whether or not the incursion still happened in the new MU didn't really matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Remind me again how relaunches help a book?
    Maybe relaunches with new a new writer.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'm just saying it probably would have been nice if we had 2 working gems (time and reality), given what Hickman had T'Challa do. Or just skip over the trip back to NA 1. But it was a nice scene... so I can see why it wanted it in there.

Under different circumstances I might say I'm just being overly nitpicky, but given he didn't even know which gem he used I feel okay being overly critical of his execution of the scene.
    It could have been a matter of time as well. Reality was quickly dissolving on Battleworld and T'Challa didn't have much time to choose.

Maybe relaunches with new a new writer.
    Honestly I usually don't think they should do a relaunch unless there's a major creative team shift too.

But I get why they did it. With Infinity War in theaters, they HOPE to have an easily accessible issue 1 on the selves for potential new readers. Plus they generate a small spike in sales, which I guess is nice. So it makes sense to try I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    But who was it mark Millar who expressed interest in writting BP as well?
    You might be confusing Black Panther with Blade there. Millar had pitched a Blade miniseries years ago, to be done with John Romita Jr., but the brass pressed them to do that first Wolverine miniseries instead. He then said he planned to use Blade in that series, but then ended up not using him, but said he still had "big Blade plans." Later, Millar praised Reggie Hudlin's Black Panther, when it started, and said something about how he'd hoped to do the first "top 10 Black superhero book" with Blade, but Reggie beat him to it with BP. He did eventually write a Blade story in Ultimate Avengers, but it wasn't all that great, in my opinion.

Anyway, now Millar is firmly working on creator-owned stuff for Netflix, and said he doubts he'll ever write for DC or Marvel again.

But speaking of unconventional writers for BP, you know who'd I like to see take a shot at it? Warren Ellis. Secret societies, advanced technologies, arcane religious practices, that's all right up his ally. In fact, he already wrote a story about a secret technologically advanced city of Black people in Planetary #17. This would be a natural expansion of those ideas.
    iBLOGalot - my personal blog.

MyComicStripClub - my original comic strips.

Quote Originally Posted by iblogalot View Post
    You might be confusing Black Panther with Blade there. Millar had pitched a Blade miniseries years ago, to be done with John Romita Jr., but the brass pressed them to do that first Wolverine miniseries instead. He then said he planned to use Blade in that series, but then ended up not using him, but said he still had "big Blade plans." Later, Millar praised Reggie Hudlin's Black Panther, when it started, and said something about how he'd hoped to do the first "top 10 Black superhero book" with Blade, but Reggie beat him to it with BP. He did eventually write a Blade story in Ultimate Avengers, but it wasn't all that great, in my opinion.

Anyway, now Millar is firmly working on creator-owned stuff for Netflix, and said he doubts he'll ever write for DC or Marvel again.

But speaking of unconventional writers for BP, you know who'd I like to see take a shot at it? Warren Ellis. Secret societies, advanced technologies, arcane religious practices, that's all right up his ally. In fact, he already wrote a story about a secret technologically advanced city of Black people in Planetary #17. This would be a natural expansion of those ideas.
    Honestly I'm not sure Ellis even tries anymore. He just throws out whatever for a paycheck when he's doing stuff for marvel or dc. That said, even a half @$$ed Ellis story is probably better than most of the books out there, so I'd be fore it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    I'm laughing hard over here?

Quote Originally Posted by iblogalot View Post

So Kasper would start smoking and drinking heavily? SOMEBODY needs to, after all. It's an Ellis book.